Scottsdale, AZ

Posted April 12, 2014
When student's get to 8th grade they are left to their own devices to learn. Principal is a power monger and the Psychologist should have her license revoked. She does not follow legal guidelines of IDEA. LRC teacher's are deplorable and do not care about the students.

Mountainside Middle School 2

Posted November 05, 2013
Make up tests, make up homework and very little homework. No big papers, scarce computer work. We have had two students attend Mountainside and you would never know they were in school. No accountability and super easy. Our two are B students and they coast right through. I literally make my son write in no homework for each class each day if there isn't anything assigned. You can view no homework for every class except math.

Posted July 08, 2013
We left MMS this year due to the horrible experience with the administration. Yes, middle school is a tough transition for any child and MMS does not make it any easier. The school population is overwhelming and the teachers are at their max. It's a shame because there are some very talented and caring educators at this school, however our counselor (and other 'head' staff) were not professional and extremely rude. Our child was afraid to go back to school due to the harassment from certain staff! Not to mention that out of 4 people that we carpooled with this past year, not ONE is returning to MMS. All chose other Scottsdale schools for their children this coming year!

Posted June 03, 2013
The MMS faculty and administration are wonderful. My child's teachers are competent in their subjects, responsive to my questions/concerns, and caring. The guidance counselor did a great job helping my child adjust to our mid-year move to AZ by introducing him to students with similar traits/personalities and he's thrived both socially and academically. I would not hesitate sending my child to this school. Middle school is a challenging time, so it's not surprising some students have difficulties at MMS and similar public schools.

Mountainside Middle School 3

Posted February 03, 2013
I went there and this an awful school. I believe that they say that they create an "equal" campus. They do not! I left that school because the academics were awful, the teachers were average, and the environment was sickening. I recommend private schooling.

Posted September 30, 2012
Mountainside is an amazing school! My child is there right now, and even though another comment says that they hated the staff, this year, about half the staff has been replaced and works amazingly and my child loves it! Another comment also states that their child was constantly pulled into the office for drama, but who says it's the staff's fault? "Drama" is not the staff's problem, so why blame them? But anyway, Mountainside is an amazing school and I'm very pleased!

Posted April 05, 2012
WARNING! DO NOT SEND YOU CHILD HERE! IT IS A TERRIBLE SCHOOL! My child is in eighth grade here at Mountainside Middle School and I must say, the school is not the same as these reviews show. First of all, the administrative staff is TERRIBLE! My child is constantly being pulled into the office for "drama" as she calls it. The counselors here do not keep the things our students tell them between them, but instead they tend to share all of it with the other groups of students that see them. Also, they are extremely difficult to work with, and do not give enough attention to actual serious bullying that is going on at the school. They ignore it almost entirely, and only focus on the "girl drama" as I said before. The principal is also very hard to work with, although he is being sent to Mohave (a very poor school) to "help out." Throughout my years I have come to discover that this is what they do to the staff that aren't doing very well at their jobs. Furthermore, the vice-principal is also equally as bad. The overall communication in this school is poor, and the administrative staff are the worst I have ever had to come into contact with. This school is by far the worst in the area!

Posted February 17, 2011
MMS is a FANTASTIC school!! It is very well rounded in sports, art, electives, and music. Although I do recommend not taking Spanish 1 for the 8th graders. This is because it doesn't count as a high school credit and is a very hard course. Besides that, all the teachers at MMS are FANTASTIC and are extreamly dedicated to their jobs. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else.

Mountainside Middle School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
The teachers are excellent and work extremely hard to make the classes interesting,challenging and fun

Posted May 03, 2009
We have a son in 7th grade at MMS and think the school is excellent. Several of his teachers over the past 2 years have had a terrific impact on him -- igniting his interest in their subject matter, recognizing various qualities in him as an individual, and inspiring him to achieve his best, both academically and personally. We are very impressed with the principal (he is terrific!), the administration and, of course, many of the teachers. I'd like to see a foreign language requirement (as opposed to an elective, which the student may or may not get to take), but that is probably a district and not a school issue. Overall, our family is very pleased with this school, and look forward to another year here.

Mountainside Middle School
11256 N. 128th St., Scottsdale, AZ  85259
Last modified Mountainside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountainside Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top