Scottsdale, AZ

Navajo Elementary School 3

Posted January 02, 2012
While the teachers and administation at Navajo are amazing, I have been very disappointed at the level of academics. My second grader is not what I would classify as "gifted", but the work sent home that is completed in class and the homework are too easy for the grade level. I don't want to stress my son out with too much homework and I want him to enjoy going to school. However, I think there is room to challenge our children and I have not felt that Navajo has met that need. I have felt like the teachers are required to teach down to the kids that are slower rather than teach at regular grade level and challenge them to catch up. I have talked with other parents in the district in the same grade level as my son and there is remarkable difference in the work being done. It is truly a shame since as I mentioned the teachers we have had have been great, and I feel they are doing the best they can. We unfortunately will be moving to a different school.

Posted May 29, 2011
Navajo is an amazing school that does not get the credit it deserves. This school is teaching to educate and not just teaching to test. These tests do not reflect the tremendous improvements made by children who were not given a chance at any of the other schools in this area because of fears it would hurt their scores. Navajo's Principal has completely turned this school around and has given the kids at this school a chance to thrive and belong and challenges them to excel. The STEM program is an awesome opportunity for our children and the things they are learning go above and beyond what is being taught in the other schools. The Principal should also be thanked for bringing in the ASU student teacher and intern program which allows every child an opportunity for more individualized attention and growth. I am proud to be a Navajo parent and a member of this wonderful community.

Posted August 15, 2009
Navajo is a diverse school with wonderful, caring staff. It has recently become a STEM focus school with unbelievable opportunities in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics areas. Grants from ASU have made tremendous things possible.

Posted August 15, 2009
Navajo is a wonderful school with strong teachers. It is a STEM school, but the fine arts teachers are great, too!

Navajo Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2009
I always liked this school and the teachers, staff etc,, 2008 and 2009 has been challenging due to the amount of bullies at this school. They intimidate all ages of kids and do not care about detention or suspension. They will continue to push and threaten kids, all of the innocent children are afraid to speak up. The staff has been proactive in trying to control this but it has been ingrained into the daily life and culture of the school. The parents of the bullies blame the school, teachers, students, and parents instead of taking a step back and analyzing the way they are raising their kids and taking full responsibility and enrolling both kids and parents in counseling for anger issues. I will not enroll my children for another year of intimidation and threats.

Navajo Elementary School 0

Posted January 15, 2009
This school is absolutely the best!!! My son went to another school for his 1st grade year and put back in Navajo. The teachers are caring and go the extra mile to make sure your child is getting the best education. I would recommend this school to anyone who has elementary aged children and are trying to decide where to send them.

Navajo Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2008

Navajo Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
I love Navajo. I have two children that attend this school. One is in Kindergardent and the other is in the 5th grade. I am excited about the new Science, Math and Tech that is starting. My children love Navajo as well. My oldest attended Pima last year for a week and cried everyday until we enrolled him back into Navajo.

Navajo Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2008
This was the first year my son attended Navajo. The teachers are degrading and disrespectful. The staff I dealt with across the board are negative. There needs to be attitude adjustments and sensativity training. The favoritism and preferential treatment by teachers/staff is disguisting. My son will not attend this school next year. I will be enrolling him in Pima Elementary.

Posted May 15, 2008

Navajo Elementary School
4525 N Granite Reef, Scottsdale, AZ  85251
Last modified Navajo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Navajo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top