Scottsdale, AZ

Pima Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2014
Pima Elementary used to be a decent school, until the high number of staff swaps and new principals. My child has been attending pima for a few years, and recently this school has drastically declined in communication skills with anyone, the principal is never available without an appointment, the office staff is rude and extremely unpleasant to deal with. Above all that, the pick up and drop off lack of safety and supervision is a disgrace to Scottsdale School District. We have had to contact Scottsdale Police multiple times regarding poor pick up lanes, unsafe, speeding drivers, drivers driving around the crosswalk, on the opposite side of the road into oncoming traffic, etc. The list just goes on and on, very disappointing.

Posted September 10, 2013
Pima is a great school! My daughter has gone here since 1sr grade. The teachers are very attentive and are excellent communicators. The school is on a good neighborhood and their security practices are on par. I highly reccomend sending children to this school!

Posted July 10, 2013
Pima is a great school I have a daughter with high functioning autism who went to Pima from 3rd to 5th grade after being bounced around by the district. I also have a younger daughter who attended k,1st grade. They have a NO TOLERANCE for bullies and the one time my older daughter had a small issue on the play ground the other kids were warned they will be kicked out of the school! they said sorry and that was that. Strict attendance policy. Great reading program. My youngest started K at 4yrs old. We are sad we are leaving Pima oldest is moving on to middle school and my youngest will have to change do to the time differences between middle school and pimas time. I drove my kids 30miles each way to keep them in this school. We had a rough start with are special needs child and I never had to worry about her at Pima. DO NOT SEND YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD TO PUEBLO HORRIBLE SCHOOL thats were my older daughter had previous went. My other daughter will be starting 2nd grade with a fourth grade reading level! They also have gifted services which were used for my youngest as she measured to high on the 1st grade levels so we were still able to keep track of progress.

Pima Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
My Daughter has been going to Pima Elementary since the beginning of this year. There's some bullying going on that needs to be addressed and taken care of. The Office Staff does what they do yet the Principal is no where to be found. I've tried on numerous occasions asking the front office to speak to her. They would always tell me that she's 'NOT AVAILABLE' and she will call me which NEVER EVER happens to this day. Also, the safety during drop off and pick up times' of the Students is horrible. People drive like maniacs and have no common sense. Our Kids' safety should be our number ONE concern and RESPONSIBILITY!!!!! I don't see this at ALL.. and plan on taking my Daughter out of this School when this School year is over!!!!!! Very Concerned and Pissed Off Parent..

Posted February 01, 2011
My fifth grade daughter Autumn attends Pima , and has since first grade. This has been the perfect school for her. My daughter is a gifted student, and they do have a gifted program for her, and the students really enjoy thinking outside the box. The scores are wonderful, and my daughter has work in front of her we never thought a child her age would be doing. She was recently accepted into a very challenging prep school, and will be doing a complete honors program. I am completely confident that she is more than prepared for this. Thank you to all of the wonderful teachers that have done this for her. There is truly a ratio of 16 students per teacher, it's just that some types of classes require more instructors than others, and they have several special teaching positions. Thank you to Ms Knight, Ms. Hazeltine, Ms. Marx, Ms Shultz, and Ms. Lewis.. Autumn says thank you for making it all come together for her, you got her organized. Special school, amazing staff.

Pima Elementary School 3

Posted November 05, 2010
I think it is misleading to list 16 students per certified teacher here. My children have always had between 25-32 per class.

Pima Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
This is a great school with awesome programs and great curriculum.

Pima Elementary School 3

Posted November 14, 2009
Nice enrichment stuff, but academically, my child did not haave her needs met, the school seems to care too much about what is on the Aims test, and not as intense of a curriculum as i would have liked, it doesn't enen compare to are you smarter than a 5th grader?, lots of unregulated bullying

Posted October 11, 2009

Pima Elementary School 0

Posted July 12, 2008
We transfered our daughter here from Hohokam because of a bullie problem we just could not resolve with the school. We were thrilled with the Pima and our daughter did just great. What a relief that she would be able to finish out her Elementary Education with a since of peace. A Greatful Parent

Pima Elementary School
8330 E. Osborn Road, Scottsdale, AZ  85251
Last modified Pima Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pima Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top