Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Only if you involve the Principal will bullying be dealt with. Teachers are afraid of the parents

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Kids that are at a Kindergarten reading level in 2nd grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Not good communication between parent and teacher. When you do email with concerns, they have become defensive and have a hard time seeing their faults.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Kindergarten has a packet of work over Spring break and 2nd grade doesn't. Where is the "break"?

Communication is non-existent across the board. Very liberal classrooms, the whole class is reprimanded for the actions of a few, most teachers have no control of their classrooms, none. Correct answers being marked incorrect because the answer key has a type-o and when aproached with the correct answer the teacher dismisses the student with the correct answer! Bullying is a huge issue at this school as well.

Pima Elementary used to be a decent school, until the high number of staff swaps and new principals. My child has been attending pima for a few years, and recently this school has drastically declined in communication skills with anyone, the principal is never available without an appointment, the office staff is rude and extremely unpleasant to deal with. Above all that, the pick up and drop off lack of safety and supervision is a disgrace to Scottsdale School District. We have had to contact Scottsdale Police multiple times regarding poor pick up lanes, unsafe, speeding drivers, drivers driving around the crosswalk, on the opposite side of the road into oncoming traffic, etc. The list just goes on and on, very disappointing.

Pima is a great school! My daughter has gone here since 1sr grade. The teachers are very attentive and are excellent communicators. The school is on a good neighborhood and their security practices are on par. I highly reccomend sending children to this school!

Pima is a great school I have a daughter with high functioning autism who went to Pima from 3rd to 5th grade after being bounced around by the district. I also have a younger daughter who attended k,1st grade. They have a NO TOLERANCE for bullies and the one time my older daughter had a small issue on the play ground the other kids were warned they will be kicked out of the school! they said sorry and that was that. Strict attendance policy. Great reading program. My youngest started K at 4yrs old. We are sad we are leaving Pima oldest is moving on to middle school and my youngest will have to change do to the time differences between middle school and pimas time. I drove my kids 30miles each way to keep them in this school. We had a rough start with are special needs child and I never had to worry about her at Pima. DO NOT SEND YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD TO PUEBLO HORRIBLE SCHOOL thats were my older daughter had previous went. My other daughter will be starting 2nd grade with a fourth grade reading level! They also have gifted services which were used for my youngest as she measured to high on the 1st grade levels so we were still able to keep track of progress.

My Daughter has been going to Pima Elementary since the beginning of this year. There's some bullying going on that needs to be addressed and taken care of. The Office Staff does what they do yet the Principal is no where to be found. I've tried on numerous occasions asking the front office to speak to her. They would always tell me that she's 'NOT AVAILABLE' and she will call me which NEVER EVER happens to this day. Also, the safety during drop off and pick up times' of the Students is horrible. People drive like maniacs and have no common sense. Our Kids' safety should be our number ONE concern and RESPONSIBILITY!!!!! I don't see this at ALL.. and plan on taking my Daughter out of this School when this School year is over!!!!!! Very Concerned and Pissed Off Parent..

My fifth grade daughter Autumn attends Pima , and has since first grade. This has been the perfect school for her. My daughter is a gifted student, and they do have a gifted program for her, and the students really enjoy thinking outside the box. The scores are wonderful, and my daughter has work in front of her we never thought a child her age would be doing. She was recently accepted into a very challenging prep school, and will be doing a complete honors program. I am completely confident that she is more than prepared for this. Thank you to all of the wonderful teachers that have done this for her. There is truly a ratio of 16 students per teacher, it's just that some types of classes require more instructors than others, and they have several special teaching positions. Thank you to Ms Knight, Ms. Hazeltine, Ms. Marx, Ms Shultz, and Ms. Lewis.. Autumn says thank you for making it all come together for her, you got her organized. Special school, amazing staff.

Last modified Pima Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.