Scottsdale, AZ

Posted April 03, 2015
Our family moved back to Scottsdale after 12 years out of state. It was a no brainer that we would be sending our children to SUSD (as myself and husband both spent our school days in SUSD). We had two boys in school (1st & 2nd grade) and our daughter would be starting in a year. We didn't place our boys in the Spanish program that first year (huge mistake on our part). But by our second year at Pueblo, our daughter was about to start Kindergarten. We knew she would florish in Spanish and decided to talk to the boys' teachers about getting them into the Spanish program as well. In the end, the Spanish was a great fit for one of our boys but not the other. Now it's been 3 years and all my children a doing wonderful at school. Even our (now) 3rd grader, who started Spanish in the 2nd grade, is doing great! Pueblo is a great school and I would highly recommend their FLI (Foreign Language Immersion) Program.

Posted March 30, 2015
Last year I learned of Pueblo and that they had opened up classes for toddlers. I have been so incredibly pleased with my daughters progress this year in school. I generally am the only one that speaks to her in Spanish since she was born and she would generally respond to me in English, even though she understood everything I say in Spanish. Prior to enrolling her in Pueblo she would be shy about speaking in Spanish but since being at Pueblo, she talks so much more to me in Spanish. She is also excelling in actually reading in English and knows her numbers, letters, shapes and how to write her name as well and she is barely 4 years old. The day is very structured but allows for them to be kids and play and learn. Spanish and English language is intertwined throughout the day in regular conversation - which is the best way to learn any language. I receive weekly updates from teachers. Overall, I am very pleased with my choice of enrolling my daughter into Pueblo. I like where the school is going and how dedicated they are to educating these kids in both English and Spanish which will only benefit the children to know multiple languages as they get older. Such a great school!

Posted March 27, 2015
Pueblo is a great school and a warm and welcoming community. The administrators are professional and the teachers are terrific. We are energized, diverse, and we have Spanish immersion!!! Viva Pueblo.

Pueblo Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2014
I went to this school between 2005-2012. In Kindergarten, they though I was had autism, so half the time I was in a special class. I do not remember a "padded room", but there was one room that was padded on the floor and has some soft things in there, but there was a one-windowed, dark room that they put students in that were not listening at all. It always scared me, and I always heard cries from it. Then they finally figured out I was not had autism, therefore being a normal student. All of my teachers were great, except for my 4th grade teacher who got fired. Other than being mistaken for having autism and a bad teacher, this school is simply amazing. Would recommend it

Pueblo Elementary School 1

Posted November 07, 2013
Not for special ED KIDS RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN..Parents of TYPICAL kids I'm glad your child is having a good experience but there are kids being abused in their behavioral class on campus in the back of the school near the playground, ask to see their padded room and see how proud you are of your school then.

Posted July 23, 2013
As a parent of 4 children in the SUSD and having grown up in Scottsdale, we have had opportunities to visit many schools, we are huge supporters of the SUSD. Pueblo Elementary is a flourishing school and has a community feel. We are very proud of our "FLI" program and our new status as a School of Choice. I highly recommend Pueblo and encourage you to tour our great school. Go Dust Devils!

Posted July 18, 2013
We open-enrolled our children at Pueblo because of the Spanish Foreign Language Immersion (FLI) Program. They love going to school, are excited to be learning Spanish and have made wonderful friends. There is an amazing group of parents that is totally committed to making Pueblo better, and the enthusiasm of the administrators is contagious. I only wish there would have been a program like this around when I was in elementary school!

Pueblo Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2013
Pueblo was the WORST experience I have ever had. Im a mother of a good girl who has high functioning autism. She was placed in a behavioral class with kids who had severe problems screaming yelling. They have a padded room they place the kids in when they didnt listen(I was not aware of this) It took me a year and many threats to get her out of there I was so worried I went there every day periodically to make sure she wasnt being mis- treated. Erin Preston was her teacher and a joke she was abusive to the children.(this teacher is now in TX beware) even the TA were happy she was gone. Principal is HORRIBLE. How do you justify placing a child with autism in a padded room!! I truly feel for the kids stuck in this environment I had to threaten to take it to the court system to get my daughter OUT!! She had lots of bad reports here, but when she changed schools to PIMA autism class she has had no bad reports and is a fun kid and the teachers love her there, she spends half of the time in a general class and has a best friend in the general class! Pueblo should be ashamed of them selves. Learning was non existent for my daughter who was already behind to to special needs!!

Posted June 10, 2013
I could send my children to our neighborhood school in north Scottsdale, but instead send them to Pueblo for the foreign language immersion program. I am so pleased with how my kids learn half the day in Spanish, while sacrificing nothing...they still learn the complete SUSD curriculum, get specials, etc. I have been very pleased with the administration's responsiveness to parents and feel the teachers are very good at communicating with parents. I am also very pleased with their summer Spanish camp.

Pueblo Elementary School 4

Posted November 15, 2011
Pueblo has been a great partner in our child's education. Our son is in the Foreign Language Immersion Program and is reading, writing and well on his way to speaking Spanish at a very proficient level. (You will find that a great number of parents opt out of their area schools in favor of taking their kids to this great program). The teachers are receptive to involved parents. Dr. Hale is fantastic and Ms. Kim, Ms. Maria and the rest of the Kid's Club staff is caring and wonderful.

Pueblo Elementary School
6320 N. 82nd Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85250
Last modified Pueblo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pueblo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top