Scottsdale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Pueblo Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2014
I went to this school between 2005-2012. In Kindergarten, they though I was had autism, so half the time I was in a special class. I do not remember a "padded room", but there was one room that was padded on the floor and has some soft things in there, but there was a one-windowed, dark room that they put students in that were not listening at all. It always scared me, and I always heard cries from it. Then they finally figured out I was not had autism, therefore being a normal student. All of my teachers were great, except for my 4th grade teacher who got fired. Other than being mistaken for having autism and a bad teacher, this school is simply amazing. Would recommend it

Pueblo Elementary School 1

Posted November 07, 2013
Not for special ED KIDS RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN..Parents of TYPICAL kids I'm glad your child is having a good experience but there are kids being abused in their behavioral class on campus in the back of the school near the playground, ask to see their padded room and see how proud you are of your school then.

Posted July 23, 2013
As a parent of 4 children in the SUSD and having grown up in Scottsdale, we have had opportunities to visit many schools, we are huge supporters of the SUSD. Pueblo Elementary is a flourishing school and has a community feel. We are very proud of our "FLI" program and our new status as a School of Choice. I highly recommend Pueblo and encourage you to tour our great school. Go Dust Devils!

Posted July 18, 2013
We open-enrolled our children at Pueblo because of the Spanish Foreign Language Immersion (FLI) Program. They love going to school, are excited to be learning Spanish and have made wonderful friends. There is an amazing group of parents that is totally committed to making Pueblo better, and the enthusiasm of the administrators is contagious. I only wish there would have been a program like this around when I was in elementary school!

Pueblo Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2013
Pueblo was the WORST experience I have ever had. Im a mother of a good girl who has high functioning autism. She was placed in a behavioral class with kids who had severe problems screaming yelling. They have a padded room they place the kids in when they didnt listen(I was not aware of this) It took me a year and many threats to get her out of there I was so worried I went there every day periodically to make sure she wasnt being mis- treated. Erin Preston was her teacher and a joke she was abusive to the children.(this teacher is now in TX beware) even the TA were happy she was gone. Principal is HORRIBLE. How do you justify placing a child with autism in a padded room!! I truly feel for the kids stuck in this environment I had to threaten to take it to the court system to get my daughter OUT!! She had lots of bad reports here, but when she changed schools to PIMA autism class she has had no bad reports and is a fun kid and the teachers love her there, she spends half of the time in a general class and has a best friend in the general class! Pueblo should be ashamed of them selves. Learning was non existent for my daughter who was already behind to to special needs!!

Posted June 10, 2013
I could send my children to our neighborhood school in north Scottsdale, but instead send them to Pueblo for the foreign language immersion program. I am so pleased with how my kids learn half the day in Spanish, while sacrificing nothing...they still learn the complete SUSD curriculum, get specials, etc. I have been very pleased with the administration's responsiveness to parents and feel the teachers are very good at communicating with parents. I am also very pleased with their summer Spanish camp.

Pueblo Elementary School 4

Posted November 15, 2011
Pueblo has been a great partner in our child's education. Our son is in the Foreign Language Immersion Program and is reading, writing and well on his way to speaking Spanish at a very proficient level. (You will find that a great number of parents opt out of their area schools in favor of taking their kids to this great program). The teachers are receptive to involved parents. Dr. Hale is fantastic and Ms. Kim, Ms. Maria and the rest of the Kid's Club staff is caring and wonderful.

Posted February 08, 2011
I pulled my son out of Kindergarten from Pima, a supposedly superior school, in 2006. He attended a private Kindergarten for the rest of the year. Then he went to Pueblo, our neighborhood school, and wow--what a difference. He is in the first group of the Foreign Language Immersion program and there is not enough time to give this enough praise. The FLI teachers--on both the Spanish and English sides--are fantastic. They are completely dedicated to the kids. The principal and vice-principal are equally devoted. My son had some adjustments issues in first grade. Rather than humiliate and isolate him as Pima did (w/out my knowledge for several weeks), they called me in, we talked calmly, and got him the help he needed. Today he's a well-adjusted, energetic and well-liked 4th grader. His lowest grade this year was a B+. Not too bad for a kid the "better school" targeted to get rid of.

Pueblo Elementary School 0

Posted May 31, 2009
I open enrolled my daughter in the Foreign Language Immersion program for the 2007-2008 school year. As part of the 'pilot' group of children, she has had an amazing experience. I am so happy with the quality of instruction and her progress in speaking, reading and writing in Spanish as well as English. She tests above grade level in all skills. Pueblo's administration is very involved in making the school wonderful and I'm very impressed with their commitment and caring. We have a rowing group of parents who are involvd with making Pueblo the best that it can be.

Pueblo Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
We open-enrolled our daughter from an Excelling school in Scottsdale to Pueblo's Foreign Language Immersion Program. Absolutely love it! The administration and faculty are amazing - we couldn't be happier!

Pueblo Elementary School
6320 N. 82nd Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85250
Last modified Pueblo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pueblo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top