Scottsdale, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,317

Posted April 28, 2015
What an amazing community! We could not be happier that we chose this neighborhood and school.

Saguaro High School 1

Posted February 24, 2015
Teachers care enough but the administration cares only about appearance. If you require any extra help as a result of ADHD, anxiety, ect. the admin won't even make an attempt to hide their agenda; running you out of the school.

Posted February 24, 2015
My daughter currently attends this school as a freshman. If you look around town, you find choices, and as an "educational shopper" I've tried a few. She attended Veritas in middle school, and I'm pleased we did. Her study skills are focused, her classes were advanced, and she fit in well with the honors curriculum she chose here. Saguaro offers a large expanse of honors math and science classes, as well as the largest selection of foreign language classes in district. We came back to a public school for choices. Now keep in mind that some students in a public school aren't interested in being there, which classes they take, or if they pass. Projects given out in a class and only 4-5 students turn them in reflect poorly on the PARENTS . This isn't the responsibility of the school, but the families who send their kids there. A school cannot force a child to learn or do their homework. This school offers plenty of opportunities to succeed like honors and AP classes, and some of the finest teachers available. I shopped.. now it's my kid's turn to step up. She really enjoys the extracurriculars as well. Check out this little school, take a tour and give it a chance.

Saguaro High School 4

Posted December 19, 2008
Teachers really do care if your student wants to learn! I agree with the statement of the front office women. Very rude and enjoy 'talking down' to students and even parents. They should be lucky they have jobs! My daughter has been there since 2007 and she's doing extremely well. Teachers care and will do what it takes to help your student but you have to help also at home.

Posted December 18, 2008
My child has been attenting Saguaro since the beginning of the 2008 Fall semester. So far I am not that impressed. I do really love the choir program. However, like many high schools, all the emphasis seems to be placed on sports. Namely the football team. Ho-hum. I too think that the front office staff is extremely rude and arrogant. Which is funny actually. I don't know why they act so superior. I think more parents need to complain about their attitudes.

Posted January 02, 2008
Saguaro is the 'real deal'! Saguaro is a terrific school and offers all students challenging & stimulating academic opportunities in a 'real world' diverse social setting. We wanted a great school that wasn't Scottsdale 'plastic' or shielded from reality for our daughter to be successfully prepared and transition to any college. Also, the administration is extremely supportive and has does an amazing job despite all the unfortunate events that were thrown their way. Most of the Saguaro teachers work hard and are fabulous - our daughter recently took the Arizona AIMS and exceeded all three of her AIMS tests! Last but not least, the athletic programs especially football are second to none and one of the best that the State has to offer. In life, it is all what you of make it and Saguaro can offer the tools to make your child's education a positive and rewarding life experience.

Posted September 14, 2007
Despite their unfair reputation, and uncontrolable events that may have happened in the past year, I believe saguaro is an amazing school. So far, my wife, three of our children, and myself, have all graduated in the top 10% on the SAT's. One of my daugters decided to choose to attend her freshman year at Chapparal Highschool, and completely regrets making that decision. She is now a junior at Saguaro, and I don't believe I have seen her this happy in a long time. I am more than confident that my children are getting the education they deserve, and I will, without a doubt, be sending my next three children there in the future.

Saguaro High School 4

Posted August 10, 2007
I've had two children graduate from Saguaro. One tested in the top 3% on his SAT's. He went on to graduate from an honors college. When we moved to a nearby community during their HS years they chose to commute 45 minutes each way to stay at Saguaro. They participated in band, drama, choir, chess club, and numerous other activities. We travelled to NY to see the choir perform at Carnegie Hall (the choir and director were outstanding). The Saguaro community is diverse and the parent involvment that I saw was terrific.

Posted June 29, 2007
i currently attend and i find it to be a socially overdriven school. even from viewing the yearbook you can tell the school is quite superficially focused. i personally cannot wait to leave and have enrolled in east valley institute classes in order to get away. a majority of the staff is rude and the principal is not interested in helping the students individually.

Saguaro High School 3

Posted April 20, 2006
My daughter attended Saguaro for 4 years. She found a sufficient offering of honors and AP classes to be able to graduate with enough credits to start off as a midyear Sophomore in college. The voice program is well known.

6250 N. 82nd Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85250
Last modified Saguaro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saguaro High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top