Posted April 30, 2014
Sequoya Proud....A+ recognition. 6 year Sequoya Family. Most awesome community ever. The teachers foster higher thinking with emphasis on the whole child. The staff is attentive, caring and very organized. WE LOVE SEQUOYA! What would we change: To be closer to ride our bikes to school!

Posted April 29, 2014
My husband and I absolutely love Sequoya for our boys! Their private Pre-K program, Children's Choice is so wonderful and provides both the children and parents confidence when making the transition to Kiindergarten. The staff is all so friendly and helpful, my 6-year-old feels like he's in a second home when at school. Teacher communication is excellent, community participation is outstanding, and the school as a whole couldn't get any better.

Posted April 29, 2014
I have 2 children currently attending Sequoya, 1 that graduated on to Middle School. Sequoya has been a godsend for our family. Our oldest child has ADD, ADHD and OCD. He started in the 1st grade, within the first month his teacher recognized that he was struggling with multiple subjects. Immediately their staff began working to get him the help and resources he needed. He received an IEP and with their help they implemented a plan we could all work with to begin catching him up. When graduating Sequoya he was getting A s in every subject. His first year of middle school he was on the honor roll. My other 2 children have also struggled from time to time, Every time they have needed extra help, it has been recognized immediately and the Staff has gotten them exactly what they needed to keep them on track. Since attending Sequoya we have felt welcomed. The community events are fun and we have been able to make lifelong friends. We feel like part of a family not just a number in a budget. I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone who will listen. It is not often that you find a school like Sequoya; we are very blessed to have found this great school!

Posted April 29, 2014
Sequoya is A+++ Excellent. They truly deserve this label. I considered many schools for my 4 kids and could not be happier here! I have one at Sequoya now, and 3 more to go. The "whole child" approach is not a catch phrase it is a culture at Sequoya. The teachers have the ability to get the best out of my child. The community at the school is what stands out the most. This starts with the principal. The principal is always present and takes the time to get to know each child. She was there all night at a community event and she knew my kindergartener by name in the fall! There are a number of events (Western Round Up, Movie Night, Art Walk, and many more) to be involved with this wonderful school. I cannot say enough wonderful things!

Posted April 29, 2014
We have two children at Sequoya - this is the end of our fourth school year with Sequoya and we love it. The teachers and administrators genuinely care about each and every student and the school in general has a very warm feel - a strong sense of community. We've been very happy at Sequoya and highly recommend it to anyone considering an elementary school in the Scottsdale area.

Posted April 29, 2014
Sequoya Elementary is the best!!! The entire staff and curriculum is remarkable. Above and beyond.

Posted April 24, 2014
Sequoya just got awarded as an A +++ school, officially. We are very proud of this label. Everyone works very hard to make sure our students get the best education possible. Our principal and vice principal are always engaged in the school environment and curriculum. We have a wonderful, engaged, positive learning place here at Sequoya Elementary School!!

Posted April 16, 2014
Our children came to Sequoya from a preeminent private preschool, so we had very high expectations. Sequoya has exceeded our expectations. The primary emphasis is education. This is achieved because the teachers, administration and parents work together. Sequoya doesn t claim charter or any other boutique status, it stands head to head with any school. Whether your child requires an IEP, is gifted or has a learning disability, Sequoya educates the whole child and EVERY child. Sequoya s principal is accessible (responding to emails immediately), knowledgeable & friendly. She walks through campus talking to students daily. Her dedication to Sequoya is clear: her car was often the only car in the parking lot over the summer. It s evident she, like the rest of Sequoya, is happy and grateful to be part of this amazing community. The APT (PTO) is active and inclusive. Most schools require a fee to join the APT. At Sequoya, there is no fee and everyone (fathers, grandparents, etc.) is a member. It s a great mix of working and stay-at-home parents who strive to strike a balance between hosting fun activities creating a sense of community, fundraising and support for the teachers.

Posted April 14, 2014
Sequoya is a dream come true. We want the best for our son and feel blessed this school exists! There is such a sense of community and it feels as though everyone is working together for our son's success. He started in the pre-K program which is unbelievable! His teachers are the warmest, most loving and caring teachers. He loved coming to THIS school as soon as he began. Sequoya also offers an afterschool program called SAFE and that too is a dream come true! The children confirm it! They don't want to leave when it is time to go. Along with SAFE, which goes until 6pm, there are also afterschool enrichment courses that begin right after school. They include chess, sports, Spanish, etc. Sequoya's focus is on the "whole" child and they do the best job they can. We love this school!

Posted April 11, 2014
This is an outstanding school I have two children at Sequoya and could ask for a better learning experience for them. The school also has a terrific before and after school program called the Safe Program. It has been a life saver for my wife and myself since we both work full days.

Sequoya Elementary School
11808 N. 64th St., Scottsdale, AZ  85254
Last modified Sequoya Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoya Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top