Posted May 05, 2012
Supai has a beautiful campus. The principal received an outstanding award. However, the school has not achieved AYP for the third year because the principal has failed as an administrator to offer strategic training to the teachers that in turn is highly effective when teaching in a challenged school. There are not enough texts, materials, or supplies to effectively teach the students. The principal has a negative rapport with all staff members.

Posted April 11, 2012
Supai's Principal is the worst ever! She has brought nothing to the school but, strife. I am appauled that they chose her as Principal of the year, obviously an attempt to make the dismal failure of the school to look better. I feel very sad that she is the districts last hope. The bullying is at a dangerous pitch and the AYP scores are proof that there is little teaching going on. Not all teachers are bad like the ones that never leave their desks, pass out papers, eat chips and drink soda. There are some very devoted teachers. The Pincipal has no patients for the children and has displayed her anger in some damaging ways. She needs to stop taking credit for the green grass and worry about the real problems going on there instead of worrying herself about school uniforms. She was a failure at Pima Elementary when she would lock small chikdren in a 5x5 room for a full week, throw work at them, all by themselves with no instructions at all. Instead of moving her around through the district where she can damage children I would rather pay her to stay home! If it wasn't for some teachers there that actually do teach, I would have not given any stars.

Posted February 25, 2010
Supai started out as a good school the 'new' principal was great, now that she has been there a few years things are no longer on her top list, sports is not her concern at all, she allowed a office staff person to organize all sports and lets just say alot of promises were made to the coaches and teams and NOTHING was ever followed thru on, when several coaches called to talk her about this she acted like she knew nothing about anything, and to her office staff she ok'd everything, two years have gone by and the girls softball program still has no uniforms as promised, volleyball just received there's two days before a game, first volleyball coach quit due to the schools empty promises, and who is the ones that suffer thru this the kids, Supai is known as the worst school around for any sports,

Supai Middle School 5

Posted April 08, 2009
I love supai. The amount of extra activities alone is....Well, amazing. The new 21st century program is great if parents dont get home till late. The band teacher is phonomenal, we all love him, casey rabe. He also teaches at hohokam elementary school and (in my opinion) rivals my previous band teacher, sally dubensky, at tonalea elementary in favoritism. All of the kids love his enthusiasm in band and music, hes arranged a field trip to california. Were going to go to knott's berry farm and fender guitar facory. This is the first year hes managed to ge this done! the soar program is annoying but -although we may not know it- it assists us in more ways than one. It provokes us to get our homework done at home, get to class on time and bring the required materials to class. Soar is not a disciplinary program.

Posted November 29, 2008
Supai is a horrible school. The kids have no structure there

Supai Middle School 4

Posted October 30, 2008
Our son attended Supai from Fall 2000 to Spring 02. Our daughter is now in her second year. My wife and I agree that we have seen Supai advance from a very poor school, with almost an inner-city feel (when my son attended), to a great school filled with teachers seeking excellence (which it clearly seems to be, today!). The band teacher Casey Rabe is particularly good. If your kid is band-oriented, I strongly recomend this school, for just that reason. The kids (based on our visits with teachers in their classrooms, as well as my daughter's experiences over the past two years) are being provided with an education which will set them on the right path, ready to meet high school head-on. And, in my opinion, that's the primary goal for a middle school. Supai's level of teaching is clearly excellent--not something I say about many Scottsdale schools!

Posted July 23, 2007
I feel this school offers the best program for limited English students in the district. It has the least parent support and the most dedicated teachers. The principal is innovative and caring. I am not a parent of a Supai student but work at the school as a professional

Posted August 07, 2006

Posted June 02, 2005
Supai... Where to begin... The much touted 'No Bullying Policy' is NOT enforced at all. My daughter was bullied mercilessly and nothing was ever done... Parents - if your children enjoy singing and are interested in being in the school chorus, you may want to rethink it. Unfortunately, I just have NOTHING good to say about Supai....

Supai Middle School 3

Posted May 29, 2004
I like what I've seen of the principal and the vice principal. What's more, Supai Middle School and Pima Elementary are both blessed with the same good band teacher. My daughter doesn't get along well with her math teacher. They have a math-reinforcement class available, in addition to the regular math course, which speaks well of their commitment to shoring up a traditional weakness in American education. My daughter is dismayed at the discipline. Neither teachers nor the administration responded to an ongoing problem she had with a bully. My daughter was so unhappy there that when we bought a home, one of the criteria was that it be in the service area of a different middle school.

Supai Middle School
6720 East Continental, Scottsdale, AZ  85257
Last modified Supai Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Supai Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.