Scottsdale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Tonalea Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
I love Tonalea. All the teachers are very interested in my children's education. Free tutoring is available & extra help with reading.

Tonalea Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2013
Once the administrator got sick and too many old teachers had to leave, the school started slipping. Too bad the skills of the old teachers don't come with new teachers. Tonalea has much improvement needed next year.

Posted May 17, 2013
2 words for this school........ Downward spiral!!! I would of left it at that, but I needed at least 15 words.......

Tonalea Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2012
I brought my son to Tonalea from out of state and although academic levels in general in Arizona are behind, the teachers worked extremely well to keep him interested and challenged. The staff has always been polite and professional and made me feel welcomed as well. Parent involvement is poor at this school until it comes to complaining, then parents suddenly come out of the woodowork. Bullying is not tolerated and the bullying students and their parents are confronted when it is identified. Kudos to the staff!

Posted January 01, 2012
Tonalea is the absolutely worst school in the Scottsdale school district! Being our "home" school, I kept my daughter at Tonalea hoping it would get better.. It didn't! The administrative staff is unprofessional and unattentive to the students or teachers needs. The staff is unmotivated and there is a obvious lack of parent participation at this school. The children are uneducated compared to other schools in the district and there are little to no extra curricular activities.

Tonalea Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2011
Tonalea is a wonderful school. The teachers are extremely qualified, the students are learning every day, and the parent involvement is outstanding. Look at the website to see the many activities that include parents or get involved to see for. This school even has parent exercise classes every week. This school has a strong focus on academics and has improved in ratings by the state. It is a "Highly Performing" school and is truly outstanding.

Posted December 13, 2011
the pre k teacher was wonderful and i hated taking my son out of her class but i had to. the school is barely passing in all of its test scores the office staff is some of the rudest people i have met. and the teachers are terrible to the students. i have heard how the other teachers talk to the students when i pick up my son from class. maybe since they think i am not that childs parent that its ok to act that way infront of a parent. i am not sure why the staff acts this way it was worse then when i was a child there and now the school is lacking in all areas. this by far is the worst school in scottsdale and needs to have a reality check. there is no diversity rudeness and meaness seem to be pouring out of the staff and creates a horrible learning enviroment

Posted March 31, 2011
My child has attended this school only since September 2010 and have found that this school has an extremely poor administration. The office staff is rude at times and the teachers can go either way. However, I am just tired of my child calling me crying because of yet another way the administrators or teachers have handle situations poorly. I have children in other schools and my child has attended other schools in this district and others, but so far, with my children academic careers, this has been the most awful experience. This school is not diverse, the administrations should be changed out, and the teachers need to keep in mind that they want students to stay in school, not get them so upset to the point that they hate school and don't ever want to go, especially when the student is a straight A student and has always loved to go to school before. My child will not return to this school to finish out my child's elementary career, we will be moving on to better school that are actually highly performing in Arizona. Good luck to all the parents that take their children here.

Tonalea Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2010
My great grandson loves going to this school, he's in the 1st grade this year, and is excited to go everyday. That's a real plus when children want to go to school. The money would help many programs and keep the kids happy.

Tonalea Elementary School 5

Posted March 08, 2010
i am a big fan of this school n i give it four stars but the staff that work in the office r sort of mean to my kid who goes there n she does nothing wrong n bad diversity of the children at the school.

Tonalea Elementary School
6801 E. Oak Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85257
Last modified Tonalea Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tonalea Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top