Bad
Good

Bullying is allowed to go on. Will pull my daughter out as soon as I can.

This school is definitely not improving, and has gone downward since 2013. Not good at all!

I love Tonalea. All the teachers are very interested in my children's education. Free tutoring is available & extra help with reading.

2 words for this school........ Downward spiral!!! I would of left it at that, but I needed at least 15 words.......

I brought my son to Tonalea from out of state and although academic levels in general in Arizona are behind, the teachers worked extremely well to keep him interested and challenged. The staff has always been polite and professional and made me feel welcomed as well. Parent involvement is poor at this school until it comes to complaining, then parents suddenly come out of the woodowork. Bullying is not tolerated and the bullying students and their parents are confronted when it is identified. Kudos to the staff!

Tonalea is the absolutely worst school in the Scottsdale school district! Being our "home" school, I kept my daughter at Tonalea hoping it would get better.. It didn't! The administrative staff is unprofessional and unattentive to the students or teachers needs. The staff is unmotivated and there is a obvious lack of parent participation at this school. The children are uneducated compared to other schools in the district and there are little to no extra curricular activities.

Tonalea is a wonderful school. The teachers are extremely qualified, the students are learning every day, and the parent involvement is outstanding. Look at the website to see the many activities that include parents or get involved to see for. This school even has parent exercise classes every week. This school has a strong focus on academics and has improved in ratings by the state. It is a "Highly Performing" school and is truly outstanding.

the pre k teacher was wonderful and i hated taking my son out of her class but i had to. the school is barely passing in all of its test scores the office staff is some of the rudest people i have met. and the teachers are terrible to the students. i have heard how the other teachers talk to the students when i pick up my son from class. maybe since they think i am not that childs parent that its ok to act that way infront of a parent. i am not sure why the staff acts this way it was worse then when i was a child there and now the school is lacking in all areas. this by far is the worst school in scottsdale and needs to have a reality check. there is no diversity rudeness and meaness seem to be pouring out of the staff and creates a horrible learning enviroment

My child has attended this school only since September 2010 and have found that this school has an extremely poor administration. The office staff is rude at times and the teachers can go either way. However, I am just tired of my child calling me crying because of yet another way the administrators or teachers have handle situations poorly. I have children in other schools and my child has attended other schools in this district and others, but so far, with my children academic careers, this has been the most awful experience. This school is not diverse, the administrations should be changed out, and the teachers need to keep in mind that they want students to stay in school, not get them so upset to the point that they hate school and don't ever want to go, especially when the student is a straight A student and has always loved to go to school before. My child will not return to this school to finish out my child's elementary career, we will be moving on to better school that are actually highly performing in Arizona. Good luck to all the parents that take their children here.

My great grandson loves going to this school, he's in the 1st grade this year, and is excited to go everyday. That's a real plus when children want to go to school. The money would help many programs and keep the kids happy.

Last modified Tonalea Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.