Yavapai Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2012
New Principal lacks interaction with parents. She doesn't seem very approachable neither does the vice principal. I hope they both will become more supportive with PTA as the previous principal was. We really miss her.

Posted May 30, 2011
Yavapai is an amazing place for students to be themselves.The principal is very nice and fun.The school offers Thunderbird Acadamey which gives grades 2-6 a choice to join a before school or after school club. Therfore PROVES that Yavapai is a great school to enroll for. You can get an amazing home in the area of Scottsdale that is safe and very friendly for you and your family.

Yavapai Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2011
I totally agree with things falling on deaf ears @ Yavapai elementary in Scottsdale, AZ!!! Everything ive ever said fell on deaf ears, & this is my first year for my child @ this school 2010-2011..... The principal is VERY MEAN? O.K., she might be a little mean, but I do not understand she failed to reprimand one of her lunch ladies, after she put my daughter in time out for not eating her lunch? Or maybe calling her MEAN, is too much, even after the fact that she called the police on my wife & I for asking the lunch lady what happened? Maybe because the lunch lady had her boyfriend hanging out @ work, ready to fight me as soon as I questioned her about what the heck happened? HHHHHHHMMMMMMM.................. Besides the fact that the principal lacks INTEGRITY in all matters of her position, its a OK school for your kids to learn!!! lol

Yavapai Elementary School 0

Posted October 15, 2007
An outstanding staff and administration! Yavapai has developed outstanding programs to meet the needs of all learners. My son has matured greatly during his first 4 years. Communication is excellent! Teachers and administration are accessible and willing to assist when necessary. This school deserves a pat on the back!

Yavapai Elementary School 3

Posted April 20, 2007
My child has been at Yavapai since Pre-K and has enjoyed being at Yavapai for the most part, but this year has been extremely disappointing and worrisome! The teachers are great and really care for the students. The Principal is effective and has done a lot for Yavapai, but there is one huge problem at this school: Bullies! My child is being bullied. I reported the problem more than twice and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. My child will not return to Yavapai and I would not recommend this school until they protect our children from bullies.

Posted April 12, 2007
I want to thank Yavapai for a great first year with the Scottsdale District. Coming in as a 6th grader was made easy for my child.My childs homeroom teacher is the best, she really works hard to keep our child on track and does her best to motivate allowing for our child to reach higher standards.At times it is a struggle , but she always manages to pull our child through.The Leadership is outstanding and is there when you need help.I am very greatful we made the switch.My child has a better attitude towards school since they have been at Yavapai.The school does alot for all the students.Thanks to the PTA for all they do to support the kids as well.

Yavapai Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2007
I belived that this school is doing much better this year it has improved when it comes to better teachers

Posted August 29, 2006
New to the District this school year 06/07.We are so far very pleased to be here!Everyone has been very helpful in meeting our needs.Our son's teacher is very understanding and meets his needs with asking for that extra mile.

Yavapai Elementary School 0

Posted May 06, 2006
- a administrator
-Incredible environment for learning -outstanding innovations -child-centered -super staff

Yavapai Elementary School 1

Posted October 29, 2005
This is by far the worst school I could have imagined.It is in the Scottsdale school district,but doesnt even compare to the schools more north. There are a lot of bullies, and my child learned all the spanish cuss words the first week of school.The school is comprised of kids from a low income housing project, and the majority of the kids are hispanic, with quite a few as ESL students.

Yavapai Elementary School
701 North Miller Road, Scottsdale, AZ  85257
Last modified Yavapai Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yavapai Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top