Public charter
Scottsdale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Mission Montessori Academy 4

Posted October 01, 2014
Montessori is a great concept & Mission has it figured out. However, it is no good if everyone is on a different page, which they are changing. However, as heard through many sources, administration communicates poorly. Also, assistant teachers change often or are not educated enough to deal with children appropriately. Parent involvement is fine, however, homework is often sent to the parents & children are not necessarily responsible to be reminded, parents are made aware to help out. That is certainly wonderful. However, kids need to learn responsibility as well. The school is one of the best in the state of az. It is not enough to hear they are great. It would be satisfying to learn more about facts. Teachers and assistants are not always of the same page. I keep seeing teachers staying with the school. Assistants however leave & oftentimes within one school year the classroom has several assistants. Be persistent with this school & administration if you care for a Montessori education. The school does great. They are working on it, be sure of it. This school year has many changes & I can tell they are working hard to make it work & even better, listening to parents more.

Posted August 03, 2014
Our family has been part of Mission Montessori now for 9 years. This school is more than just a place where my kids learn the standard subjects like Math, reading etc. Although all 3 of my kids exceed the state standards in testing, that is not why I continue to choose this school. This school is a place that believes in fostering community, creativity and independent thinking. I went to public school for most of my life and I just wish I had a school like Mission Montessori when I was a child. While a lot of schools are cutting out programs like Art and Music, Mission is adding more specials to their program. The work that these children are able to problem solve and create projects is mind blowing. I wouldn't even consider sending my kids anywhere else. I love this school and the community of parents here is second to none. I am truly grateful that this school exists and I am honored that my kids have a place of peace to learn on their way to becoming adults. If you are looking for a great school that truly cares, you have found the right place. Schedule a tour with them and see just how different and great it really is for yourself.

Posted May 25, 2014
My daughter has been with Mission Montessori Academy since the 1st grade and recently graduated from 8th. The holistic nature of my daughter s education is by far one of my favorite qualities of this program. She has not only learned the necessary curriculum per state standards, but she has also been taught skills that will help her both in the classroom and out. The enthusiasm and knowledge of the staff is another quality that makes this program so special, plus the way the teachers make use of different materials, technologies and even the outdoors as teaching platforms. Throughout the years I have seen my daughter grow and mature, but never as fast or as markedly as she has during her years in middle school. While she has certainly been allowed to be her fun-loving self (and that s very important to me), she has learned to be poised when speaking before a room full of strangers, she has learned organizational skills that will take her through high school and beyond, and she has learned to be responsible for her self and her work every step of the way. Thank you, Mission Montessori, for helping me raise a young woman who will undoubtedly make this world a better place.

Mission Montessori Academy 1

Posted March 31, 2014
Great teachers and curriculum through 3rd grade. The upper elementary and middle school is a question mark. A lot of changes and confusion. Administration only cares about upper elementary and middle school wanting all parents to give money to support it while not supporting the lower levels, tunnel vision. It's very frustrating and sad for students not in those grades.

Mission Montessori Academy 3

Posted March 31, 2014
I have a child in 7th grade and I have concerns. I'm likely going to trust my instinct and move on from this school. The two teachers at our campus are amazing, I hate to leave them. But I see no leadership, and I have no idea who is the 'principal'. It's sad that these two awesome teachers have no help. But we can not operate like Little House on the Prairie, we need organizational structure. Our 'teachers' cannot administrate. This school is a good idea that needs a little more work. Sadly, time moves on and we can't wait for Mission St George to figure things out. The teachers for 7th and 8th are wonderful, but for me, this school is not.

Posted March 20, 2014
Exceptional school! Exceptional administrators and staff! Every child not only would benefit from this type of environment and curriculum, but every child DESERVES this type of education! I am beyond impressed!

Posted February 19, 2014
I am a parent of a Kindergartener at Mission Montessori and I just have to comment on the parent who claimed that Mission Montessori's test scores are LOW (in caps as he/she stated). Mission Montessori's student's test scores ranked 36th in the state (out of about 1200 schools) last year for the elementary school grades and 11th among the other middle schools in the state. Mission Montessori outperformed many (most) other Scottsdale schools. This information is available to anyone. I'm not sure where this parent is getting their information, but they are mistaken. That is, unless this parent thinks that scoring in the top 5% of schools state-wide is low. Not only do children enjoy learning and going to school, but they are performing extremely well too. Win-win in my book. Thank you Mission Montessori!

Posted October 09, 2013
Mission Montessori (E2) is our children's "second home". We moved to the valley 2 years ago and were quite lucky to get into this charter. Our children our thriving in this school. They love their teachers and refer to them as the smartest people they have ever met. Our son went from an uninterested "average" student to an inspired excellent student after being in this fabulous environment. If you are looking for the highest quality teachers in the valley, they work at Mission. Our 10 year old son spent the summer talking about early humans. Our 11 year old daughter is blossoming into a thoughtful global citizen. The majority of their work is done at school and therefore allows "kids to be kids" after school. The sustainable systems program is amazing. The 5th graders attend Catalina Island Marine Institute for a week and the 6th graders work all year on position papers that they present at the model UN in NYC. If you want your child in a challenging but compassionate environment filled with unique learning opportunities, this is your school. Our only regret is that we weren't here for the early years!

Posted October 08, 2013
This school is amazing! My daughter started here at 16 weeks old in the infant room with Mrs. Debbie. Mrs. Debbie and the other teachers are so wonderful with the infants. It is such a calm and peaceful environment. My daughter is now three years old and in the primary program with Mrs. Ryan. This school has helped shape our daughter into an independent, creative and a critical thinker. She is excelling on every level and I always get compliments wherever we go on how well behaved she is. All of the teachers and staff are wonderful at Mission Montessori. This school is a gem and we feel so lucky to have found it.

Posted October 05, 2013
Just a quick note from a parent perspective after returning from the first Immersion trip in Prescott. I did not know what to expect like most of you experiencing this for the first time. I can honestly say I had a wonderful time sharing this with my daughter, her classmates and teachers. Ms. Joslyn, Ms. Caitlin, Mr. Hawkinson and Chandon from After Cool Outdoors, run a tight and very productive ship! I was greatly impressed with all aspects of the trip from goal setting and thankfuls to the eco challenge and the designing of their Rube Goldberg contraption. It was awesome to see the kids in a different environment, sometimes out of their comfort zone, yet using what they have been taught in the Montessori classroom. I think these are important steps in the right direction in these tough adolescent years. This is a wonderful program that we are so fortunate to have offered at our very own school! I hope everyone attending Mission will get the opportunity to take part in this community building adventure.

Mission Montessori Academy
12990 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ  85259
Last modified Mission Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 107 reviews. Top