PK-8 & Ungraded
Scottsdale, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,212

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 12, 2015
All the outstanding teachers have recently left due to the new principal and ap. It is a shame as she is a former preschool teacher and has no idea about middle school. How she got this job I am not sure.

Copper Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted July 12, 2015
The new administration has run off all of the best teachers. This is a shame as my children adored so many of them and now there are only brand new inexperienced teachers and they lack experience.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 29, 2015
My child attended this school and I live in the community - integrity and fairness are not core values. There is a lot of materialism, favouritism, and cliquishness. Bullying is a very big problem on this campus.

Posted May 23, 2015
Our kids love Copper Ridge. They are exposed to enriching activities such as fine arts, music, and theater. In addition, the highly-qualified, certified teachers at Copper Ridge provide a top-notch academic experience.

Posted May 09, 2015
We have been at Copper Ridge now for 7 years and I can't think of attending any other school.

Posted March 30, 2015
We have been at the school now for three years and have had nothing but a positive experience here. I love the teachers and staff. We recently went to an art night where the kids showcase their art and the gardens they have been working on. Everything looked amazing. It was such a great community event. I'm happy for our family to be part of this school.

Copper Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2014
Copper Ridge is not addressing the needs of my children. This school is not providing what my special needs and gifted children need to succeed. This school requires children to purchase ipads and/or cell phones for classroom use. That is not legal for a public school to do. The room mothers ask for $50-$75 per child to go toward class parties and gifts for the teachers. That is also not legal. The PTO hounds you relentlessly to "donate" $125 per student for this school which won't provide the educational programs my children need. For a school in such a prestigious area, you would think it would have better academics and resources for its students.The extra-curricular classes also get away with not having a formal curriculum. According to one teacher, "We are going to make it up as we go along." I am very disappointed in this school. I spoke with another mother recently that moved here from the East Coast. She is looking for an alternative placement for her children.
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 03, 2014
We have 3 children at Copper Ridge. Great school. Very active PTO. Very impressed with teachers. All have many years of experience. The entire school always works hard to improve in a district that has many options for charters.

Posted June 22, 2014
We are so excited about starting Copper Ridge this August! We have been attending a charter school and it did not meet our expectations for our children. We have a 3rd grader and a 6th grader. We are so excited about the middle school honors program and love the teachers we have had the pleasure meeting. The Administrative team has been so supportive and always available. The parent volunteers devote so much of their time to help the school succeed. Both of our children are very excited and we couldn't be happier that they are finally excited about going! Looking forward to being a part of the CRS family.

Copper Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2014
As a middle school student who has gone to this school since 4th grade I can say the elementary side is wonderful. I had great teachers, but I wouldn't say so for middle school. Multiple times a teachers has lost my work and put it in the grade book as a zero. They then made me try and find the work that they lost somewhere in the unorganized classroom. The "uniform" policy is a joke. Expensive brand name shirts are worn with the shortest shorts I've seen in my life. If your a middle class American don't send your child here because unless your willing to donate thousands of dollars your child will fall behind. I am glad to be going to cocopah next year, even if it is a long drive

10101 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ  85255
Last modified Copper Ridge Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top