PK-8 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted January 10, 2016
Administration treats children differently depending on the involvement of their parents . Fairness is learned .

Copper Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2016
The new administration has run off all of the best teachers. This is a shame as my children adored so many of them and now there are only brand new inexperienced teachers and they lack experience.

Posted December 03, 2015
We started at Copper Ridge 3 years ago and I have 2 children in the elementary school grades. We have not had a bad year yet. The teachers are what make this school exceptional. CR has implemented a curriculum that stresses critical thinking as well as how to adapt to the new technologies in this ever-changing world. Not only do they stress providing an excellent education, but also how to be socially responsible. My son's class is providing a family in need with clothing for Christmas. His teacher sat them down and told them about the family, so my son was so excited to help them out. I am always pleasantly surprised at how such a big school manages to excel. The PTO does so much to provide the necessities that public school funding cannot support. The principal is focusing on getting our A+ rating and I am proud to be a parent at Copper Ridge!

Copper Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2015
I went to this school for seven years. My experience in elementary school was fine, and gave me fundamental skills. However, when I reached middle school the education was far from exemplary. The teachers were oblivious to cheating and chose obvious favorites in the classroom. Unless you mother and father are extremely wealthy do not expect to be anything close to a priority. We hardly had any work and were not close to prepared for high school. Students are rude, ungrateful and straight up jerks. They have no respect for anything or anyone. The administration cares more about the school's image, than what actually goes on in the school. Bullying is ongoing but no one seems to care. Teachers would send students out of the classroom for the whole hour because of the unclear dress code violations. Numerous times, I got in trouble for wearing an article of clothing that was most defiantly not worthy of a dress code violation. The office front desk is very unhelpful. I do not suggest this school at all.

Posted November 24, 2015
The administration is so positive and supportive even if there is a problem. The teachers are wonderful!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 24, 2015
Thank you to Mrs. Crutchfield! She is the most amazing teacher. Not only does she challenge the kids to do the best they can do, but she is fun and positive. The kids really feel like she cares about them and she goes the extra mile to make sure that she knows each students and helps them achieve their fullest potential. On top of all that she does a stellar job communicating with the parents about how their child is doing. I can not say enough wonderful things about her. My son is so lucky to have her this year!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 22, 2015
This is our 2nd year at CRS. My son is in the 6th grade. We are blown away with the 6th grade teachers! They work as a team, teach high level academics and provide a "fun I want to go to school" atmosphere.

Posted October 22, 2015
This is our first year at CRS. I have elem. & middle school children, one is dyslexic, one is 'strong willed', and all are GT, at CRS...Let's say I have a healthy mix. I have been truly impressed with the PTO (not my thing), the administration and the teachers. The PTO is super involved and welcoming, yet not pushy or invasive. The administration is organized and responsive. The teachers have all gone above and beyond to meet my kiddo's diverse needs. It is so obvious all these people are really focused on what's best for our kids. It's mind blowing. The best thing, though, is that my kids come home happy everyday. No one dreads school. CRS is just their home away from home.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 03, 2015
Copper Ridge consistently stresses the importance of community, honesty and integrity through weekly student assemblies and reward programs for kind, helpful and honest behavior. The administration has been very fair and forthright in communications with my family and we have been so impressed with the nurse's office in particular for the amazing response to our son's health issues.

Posted September 03, 2015
My kids love their teachers, friends and the opportunities they have had with their advance placement classes. The campus is beautiful & the staff is very friendly and eager to help!

10101 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ  85255
Last modified Copper Ridge Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 107 reviews. Top