PK-8 & Ungraded
Scottsdale, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,212

Posted August 19, 2015
Attended Curriculum Night tonight for both my 5th and 8th graders. Was extremely impressed with their teachers and the curriculum they had laid out. Looking forward to a strong year with a lot of learning.

Posted August 19, 2015
I love the sense of community that is felt at Copper Ridge, and the amazing and caring staff that are guiding my children each day.

Posted August 17, 2015
Excellent first week of school! Teachers & staff did a fabulous job of getting the kids off to a great start. Middle school students were given planners to help keep them organized while moving from class to class.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 16, 2015
The teachers work so well together and it shows from year to year. They work very well as a team.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 16, 2015
With the honors program I feel my child is being prepared. They are challenged and motivated to help them transition to high school.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 16, 2015
Obviously as a parent this starts at home. One of my children had a "bullying" situation which was immediately addressed and both teachers and administrators handled the situation with professionalism and respect.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 16, 2015
Starts with the teachers. You are able to see these traits from Pre-k through 8th grade. As a parent I see it from my child's teacher in the communication my child brings home.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 16, 2015
The teachers work extremely hard at making this happen through the PBIS program. These positive reinforcements start at kindergarten.

Posted August 16, 2015
I have two children attending Copper Ridge. One is in 4th grade and one in 8th. As an active parent in this school and community I take pride is saying CRS is a public school with great administrators, staff, teachers and volunteers. It would be great if families who left had accurate information. Twenty teachers DID not leave. My child has a new 4th grade teacher and we couldn't be happier. The 8th grade team my son has worked hard to start the year off with excitement. The fact that CRS is a BYOT (bring your own technology) school shows the way to the future.

Copper Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2015
My children started at this school in kindergarten and are now in middle school. I have seen so many changes over the years. Some have been great, most have been horrible. Good teachers are leaving this school in droves. I believe there are over twenty leaving this year alone. Good families are leaving just as fast. The kids (and parents!) at this school are very snobby and disrespectful. Bullying is rampant, despite what administration tries to portray. Be aware that if a bully has a mom on the PTO or active at the school, that kid will NEVER be held accountable. I have watched four families just up and leave in the middle of the 2014-2015 year because of that exact situation. The elementary education is actually wonderful, but when the kids get to middle school, things go downhill fast. My children's middle school Language Arts teacher assigned ONE book to read for the whole second semester. I had to hire a tutor to teach my kids how to write essays and similar LA work because nothing was taught. There was almost never any homework for any class. However, one teacher would assign horrendous, time consuming projects that were completely irrelevant to what was being taught, lose them and never give credit. I started taking pictures of the final projects and emailing them so my children could get credit. It was never given because the policy is that the teacher has to be in possession of it to give credit. There is no policy for the teacher losing it. I know many, many moms that had the same problem I did with that particular teacher. We are starting the 2015-2016 school year at Cocopah, even though it will take us 25 minutes to get there, and are looking forward to some normalcy. I'm upset with myself for trying to get my kids to hang in there, hoping things would get better. They never did.

10101 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ  85255
Last modified Copper Ridge Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 87 reviews. Top