PK-8 & Ungraded
Scottsdale, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,212

Copper Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2014
Copper Ridge is not addressing the needs of my children. This school is not providing what my special needs and gifted children need to succeed. This school requires children to purchase ipads and/or cell phones for classroom use. That is not legal for a public school to do. The room mothers ask for $50-$75 per child to go toward class parties and gifts for the teachers. That is also not legal. The PTO hounds you relentlessly to "donate" $125 per student for this school which won't provide the educational programs my children need. For a school in such a prestigious area, you would think it would have better academics and resources for its students.The extra-curricular classes also get away with not having a formal curriculum. According to one teacher, "We are going to make it up as we go along." I am very disappointed in this school. I spoke with another mother recently that moved here from the East Coast. She is looking for an alternative placement for her children.

Posted August 03, 2014
We have 3 children at Copper Ridge. Great school. Very active PTO. Very impressed with teachers. All have many years of experience. The entire school always works hard to improve in a district that has many options for charters.

Posted June 22, 2014
We are so excited about starting Copper Ridge this August! We have been attending a charter school and it did not meet our expectations for our children. We have a 3rd grader and a 6th grader. We are so excited about the middle school honors program and love the teachers we have had the pleasure meeting. The Administrative team has been so supportive and always available. The parent volunteers devote so much of their time to help the school succeed. Both of our children are very excited and we couldn't be happier that they are finally excited about going! Looking forward to being a part of the CRS family.

Posted April 17, 2014
With all due respect to the person that wrote the last post your information is inaccurate. To begin, Michelle Otstot and the PTO work very well together and there is allot respect in both directions. They do have a board in place and if you have attended ANY meetings you would know the involvement by Adminstration and the parents. I am so impressed with the amount of care that Michelle is showing Copper Ridge. We live in a time that does not just require you but demands that you take all the necessary precautions to protect your/our children. The rules and restrictions that you are talking about it has been in place but never enforced. Michelle Ostot is doing her job and that is to follow the guidelines that the DISTRICT put into place many many years ago. I would reccommend that you attend the meetings and watch the amount of care that is coming from our Admin and parents. If my child did not attend Copper Ridge I would definitely make sure that they do. Also, with all the cut backs we are facing Michelle spent many hours working on a plan so your/our kids will not be affected. I just want to say THANK YOU Michelle, Admin, PTO and parents!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 24, 2013
This is our fourth school year at Copper Ridge. We have been very pleased since placing our boys in the PreK program. Teachers are sensitive, the administration is extremely organized and approachable. This school has a very well managed and funded PTO that provides many academic extras that the school district does not have the budget to support. There is a uniform policy that we love and support. Our children have improved academically and socially year over year. Great school!!!!

Posted September 23, 2013
We are EXTREMELY happy with Copper Ridge School. The new administration and faculty have been amazing. The involvement of the faculty, staff, and PTO all over the campus give such a team effort. We are very pleased with the education, safety, and neighborhood family school feel of Copper Ridge. We LOVE Copper Ridge!

Posted September 23, 2013
I have been at Copper Ridge for the past 7 years and I have seen quite a few changes for the better over the years. I am so happy with the administration changes and staff. They are very easily accessible and professional and courteous. The teachers are top notch and really strive to teach the highest learning standards. There are many volunteers constantly at school as well as coordinating fun events.

Posted September 23, 2013
Copper Ridge has always been a good school. Since Michelle Otstot became the principal last year, it is now a GREAT school! I have never seen and admin team with as much enthusiasm, dedication and love for their students. Mrs. Otstot, Mrs. Defeyter and Mr. Patzlaff (yes we have three administrators), are just terrific. Learning and safety are at an all time high. The students are well behaved and very compassionate. The PTO puts on the most fantastic events like Book Fair, Fall Carnival, Spring Arts and more. I am just thrilled that my kids can stay at this great school all the way through eighth grade.

Posted September 23, 2013
My kids are very happy and love their teachers at Copper Ridge! This is our fifth year at the school.

Posted August 21, 2013
LOVE this school! New principal is excellent & extremely dedicated to the education of every student! Teachers are exceptional, very approachable & available to parents. The PTO is amazing & there are many opportunities to be involved even if you have a full time job. Correction to a previous post....yes, you may have a reserved parking spot if you donate $1500 (NOT $10,000) to the PTO which in turn goes directly to the students. It is very clearly written on the PTO enrollment form. My girls are thriving at this school & we are extremely happy here!

Copper Ridge Elementary School
10101 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ  85255
Last modified Copper Ridge Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top