Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 24, 2015
Both of my children have been at ISA for three years, and I could not be happier with the multi-language education they have received. The teachers are very dedicated, and the immersion curriculum is outstanding. My children are becoming worldly citizens who are not only well above their grade level in English reading, comprehension and math but are also curious about different cultures, exploring new things and thinking outside the box. I have several friends who are native Spanish speakers and have their children in the public school system ( a couple at schools that offer an second language program) and every time they converse with my children, they are always blown away by their Spanish language skills. It is truly the best gift you can give your children!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 24, 2015
My son was in another private school in Arizona since he was two and never wanted to go. When we walked into ISA for the first time to meet the teacher he was shy. By the time we left 20 minutes later he was hugging her goodbye. This attitude carried out throughout his first year at ISA. His English and Spanish skills are tremendous. He completed pre-k this May at age 4 and is reading. He loves to read and write at home and has a very strong bond with his classmates. The teachers are very dedicated to giving the children a great education as well as providing a fun and safe environment. We can't wait for kindergarten!

Posted June 22, 2015
My child loves the International School and so do we. The children learn so much, in French or Spsnish and English. The teachers are excellent - very experienced, loving and focused on their curriculum. Classe are intentionally small. Expect a Waitlist for some classes, so start early - 3 or 4 year old. I was nervous about starting my child at 3 years old but they offer so much more than day cares or church preschools, it's been well worth it. I've learned so much about language immersion and how children have the ability to process and learn several languages without confusion. The English teachers are also excellent and they offer STREAM, so in Kindergarten my child started do science, engineering and math projects. Very impressive. Love ISA.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 22, 2015
Teachers are excellent. Very caring, smart and focused. My daughter has learned so much. . New Head of School seems to be very experienced and brings a new level of professionalism to the school.

International School of Arizona 1

Posted July 27, 2014
We left the school due to the absolutely poor education! We were promised a high level of education, but the majority of 2nd graders cannot read. The children are very far behind other students at their level and they will not be able to compete when they get into a "real" school. Parents excuse it claiming the immersion keeps their children behind, but that is just wrong. The school promised immersion, but how can you have that when they now combine the French and Spanish students for many hours each day due to lack of enrollment in the upper grades. It's just a poorly run school and the administration and board have no clue what they are doing so no one will be able to fix it. The only ones who lose out are the kids and that is very sad!
5 people found this helpful

Posted June 03, 2014
My son has attended ISA for 5 years now - starting when he was only 2 years old. I was a stay-at-home mom at the time and wanted to allow my son to socialize with other children his age but didn't want to send him to the 'typical' day care that just involved aimless playing. Language immersion sounded perfect - learning, nurturing intermixed with playing. The adjustment was hard at first but after only a few days, my son would literally run to his classroom excited to learn! Over the years, his classmates have become his extended family, all accepting of each other! The teachers are amazing as well and very dedicated to the entire process of teaching through immersion. Hearing my son speak fluent French with a perfect accent brings tears to my eyes! And he still runs to his classroom! ISA = Money well spent and an true investment in his future!

International School of Arizona 4

Posted June 03, 2014
I am extremely pleased with the International School of Arizona. Our son has been at the school for 5 years and is fluent in French. In addition, he has had after school Spanish and Mandarin for the past 3 years and is progressing well with both. We don't speak another language at home so this experience has been amazing so far. The teachers are native speakers of Spanish and French and are absolutely amazing. The American English program is also now implementing a STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art and Math) curriculum and we are very pleased. ISA is certified by the Spanish and French governments as well they have been recently certified in the American curriculum through AdvancED. My wife and I believe in academic excellence and both have graduate and post graduate degrees. However, academic excellence is nothing without the leadership ability through global cultural intelligence. There is no other school like ISA in Arizona. Every year ISA has grown by 5-15% and so there are always some growing pains. They are in search of a new building in response to the overwhelming agreement of academic excellence through second language immersion.

Posted February 05, 2014
I have two children at this school, and although I search every year to see if there is a better option, I haven't found it! The small class sizes are unbeatable, and sometimes I worry that it may be TOO small as they get older, but I'm not arguing about it now! They are searching for a new location that can encompass both campuses. You can pick which teacher you want your child to have, and we have been very lucky at picking the best! Our kids are VERY loved there (2-3 year old room, and pre-K), and I feel they are very safe. Any drama there may be is only evident because it is a small school with parents, teachers, and staff all involved; if one person is upset, usually everyone finds out about it. They are continually improving their English program, so my fears about that have subsided a bit. There is NO OTHER way to learn a foreign language than FULL immersion, and this is why ISA is above and beyond any school in Phoenix or Scottsdale. It may feel like a risk to you to have your child completely immersed in another language, but I urge you to look at the research and data which clearly state numerous benefits, and pretty much no drawbacks!

International School of Arizona 1

Posted January 25, 2014
STOP the politics! Please start caring for our little ones! This is a preschool! You charge $11,000 a year, constantly harass parents to give more money and make my son teacher cry.... When will this stop????

Posted January 23, 2014
I have 3 sons here and I absolutely love the school! My husband and I do not speak a 2nd language and I was worried this would impact my ability to help them with homework and such. It has not been a problem at all! This is their 3rd year and they are doing fantastic. My oldest started in Pre-k and is now in 1rst grade and he can read and write in both Spanish and English. The teachers are phenomenal and show great interest in each child's progress and the class sizes are small. I have not experienced any of the drama or behavior problems others have commented on so I find that really surprising. I also love the many after school activities at the school. There is a homework class, chess club, tennis, guitar, just to name a few. My only concern is what I will do after 5th grade since the school only goes to 5th.

9128 E. San Salvador Drive, Scottsdale, AZ  85258
Last modified International School of Arizona is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
International School of Arizona Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top