PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This is our third year at ISA. We have two children in the French track, and could not be happier with the quality of education they are receiving. The teaching staff truly goes above and beyond to make learning an individualized experience for each student. The sense of community within the school made it very easy for us to transition during our relocation to Scottsdale.

We have been at ISA for 3 years. We have 2 children in the Spanish track. Our children are speaking Spanish fluently and love their teachers! I would recommend this school to anyone that is looking for a positive environment for your children, a strong education, and a community driven place to bring your children every day!

This is our fourth year at ISA. Both our children are in the French track and doing exceptionally well. I am amazed everyday at what they are doing and learning in class. The teachers are phenomenal. Instruction is fun and creative and focused on each child's needs. It's a great environment. Our children love going to school, love their teachers, love their friends, and feel blessed that they are learning about other cultures and the language of those cultures. Kudos to the new building and the staff. We are thrilled to be a part of the exciting times that are happening right now and those that are coming.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The school accepts children into the program with little or no French or Spanish. The teachers work with these children to bring them up to speed with their peers. If a child excels in math, the teacher may switch the focus for that child to language or science to strengthen those skills. Everything is tailored.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

There has been a great deal of change in leadership the last 2 years. The most recent changes were good. We now have happy teachers, which makes for happy kids, which makes for happy parents.

The ONLY school with both french and english curiculum, and the only one with an accreditation from the French ministry of education

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Unfortunately, we've been on both sides of this issue, having two strong willed and loving but forceful kids. Our kids were appropriately responded to when their behaviour wasn't what it should have been. We as parents were immediately notified so we could also respond at home. We have so much faith and trust in the abilities of the teachers and the school leadership - any momentary issue we've ever had has always quickly and appropriately been resolved.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I do not have experience in this area but know that when my one son briefly fell behind in reading, his teacher immediately noticed, spoke to me, offered to provide extra on site tutoring during school hours and worked with my child until he caught up.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

There have been recent changes in Leadership at the school. The environment is exceptionally positive, as is evidenced in the students, parents and teachers. We feel the leadership is very effective, qualified and capable. In addition to these strengths - they are hands on and present.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

On numerous occasion, as I was exiting the school, one of my children's teachers would catch me to share something important from the day. Little things that wouldn't be captured by a report card grade or even a parent teacher conference - the music teacher asking if I could come back to her music studio to hear the song my child had written during time in her class and watching my son shine listening to her tell me about it, the class teacher that asked if he could offer my one son extra reading time until he caught up to where he knew he could get (and did) - I have so many examples of incredible, above and beyond Teacher interactions but the most telling are that my kids trust, respect and want to do well for their teachers. They instill a real love of learning and couple it in a rigorous and disciplined academic environment - something very hard to do. We are thrilled with our teachers and the teachers we have had the opportunity for our kids to learn from in prior years.

Last modified International School Of Arizona is a Private school that serves grades PK-8