K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Scottsdale, AZ

Posted September 13, 2014
We recently moved out of the state, and we had attended Freedom Academy for two years. I will say that not a school day goes by where I don't think about Freedom Academy, and how amazing of a school it truly is. Being part of a big public school now, makes me realize how special being part of a smaller school is. Freedom creates a safe, warm, welcoming, inclusive atmoshpere for any child and parent, and really values family time. The way they have their teachers organize homework and academics is outstanding. The PE coaches are enthusiastic and encouraging to the kids. The uniforms are affordable and I loved not having to hassle with outfits everyday, or compete with other kids. Also, the fundraising at this school is minimal!! Believe me, being part of a big public school now makes me realize how gentle Freedom was about fundraising, and made it fun for the kids and parents. A big public school has a PTA that might as well be a corporation. Pushing fundraising constantly. Freedom did not have that, and the PTA was a fun way for parents to be involved and contribute to the school. I will always be grateful for the wonderful experience we had at Freedom Academy.

Posted September 12, 2014
This is my child's third year at Freedom Academy South. She has always had a voice in where she goes without me. I never make her stay somewhere she doesn't feel welcome and cared about. For this to be her third year at her school speaks volumes because she's particular. She has had her share of problems but the same as with any school and they were always worked out without a crisis. I like the less overwhelming, smaller campus and she is excelling in her studies. The principal/superintendent truly cares about the families. The teachers and staff are warm, friendly and upbeat. We do need fundraisers because of less funding from the state, but if everyone pitches in what they can we succeed and I have never felt pressured. As far as Spanish, Computer and extras there may not be funds for, I consider those things we can delve into at home and it's still worth it. The school is so much more personable than my own grade school was. I like the firm but creative learning atmosphere and I feel a lot of staff members and parents are willing to 'think outside the box' here.

Freedom Academy 4

Posted April 28, 2014
What a wonderful place to send your child! My son started FreedomSouth in the first grade and is a few weeks away from finishing fourth grade. He has grown and flourished here so much. The only downfall is the lack of language, computers and art which all cost money. Thank you Freedom for showing my son "integrity, honor and leadership ".

Posted April 13, 2014
The principal, staff and pupils made our children feel welcome on their first day. They received welcome cards and made many new friends. The principal seems to go out of her way for her students and parents and the school morals are of high standards. This is most definitely the school for our family!

Posted March 25, 2014
Freedom Academy is a parent's dream for their children! This school is beyond incredible in it's depth of care and responsibility taken for each and every student. I have seen first hand in the caring approach taken by staff to correct behavior issues, as well as, their dedication in meeting each student's academic goals. The leadership is outstanding....and the teachers are so creative and dedicated. I am not naive to think that there aren't any problems...however, if you focus on what is most important, then you will be one of the many parents that are thrilled with this school. I am so saddened to hear of some of the negative reviews, as I cannot relate to their perspective. Perhaps one of the best things about this school is that the administrators' doors are always open. If you have a concern or issue...they truly would want to know about it and help. My daughters have been at Freedom Academy for almost 3 years, and I could not be happier with this school!

Freedom Academy 2

Posted March 22, 2014
If your child has an IEP, is delayed or learns differently, FAN is not the school for you.

Posted March 11, 2014
As the Charter Director of both sites of Freedom Academy, I am saddened to think anyone would feel they are judged poorly if they do not donate funds to our schools. We do many fund raising events, but stress that participation is always optional. If someone has been hurts by words spoken regarding funds, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with that person. In no way does the administration of these schools think less of someone who chooses not to; or cannot afford to donate. For events where there is a "fee", many scholarships are offered for those who cannot afford an event. I would hope that a person with these feelings would come and explain any situation where they have been made to feel "less than." Our philosophy is caring; not judgment. If we have erred, please come and let me make it right. Linda Hoffman

Freedom Academy 1

Posted March 10, 2014
I think this school has taken new turns that are beyond appalling. If you send your child here, keep thick skin because the judgement will go beyond the money in your pocket. If you don't contribute money to this school, you are on their bad list.

Posted November 06, 2013
Freedom Academy is a wonderful school with amazing families!!! The teachers and Principal are exceptional.... I feel grateful because I know my children are getting a great education and are 110% loved, nurtured and encouraged! Thanks Freedom. you set the example for other schools and teach our kids to love and care about their education and each other! This is a school were EVERY child counts and does not get lost in the system or politics! We have been at Freedom for 7 years....

Posted September 27, 2013
This is our second year at FAS, and we are very happy with the school, teachers and administration. The attention to our child has been good and appropriate for a charter school. No complaints! All I ask as you read these reviews is that you do what is common practice in these forums, and disregard the very best, and very worst comments and that will give you a good true sense of what it is really like and what is really going on. Thank you!

Freedom Academy
15014 N 56th, Scottsdale, AZ  85254
Last modified Freedom Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 94 reviews. Top