K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Scottsdale, AZ

Posted May 13, 2015
my son and daughter go to FAN and my other daughter just graduated eighth grade, with a 4.0 grade average, which the teachers helped her achieve. the North and South campus both offer great extra curricular activities, of which includes "After School Care", which is a great program for parents that have to work late. This school is a great school, and I recommend it to every parent out there.

Posted March 29, 2015
This is the greatest school ive ever had the pleasure to be apart of. My daughter started here in 7th grade and i wish i would of brought her here in kindergarten. My daughter goes to the south campus freedom academy and this school is like one big family. Ive never seen a school with so much heart, love, and respect and kindness towards others. You can be walking down the halls and the children will say hello to you and hold doors for you this is something i never saw at my daughters old public school. They know manners and are all such sweet kids. The classes sizes are a perfect size and the staff and teachers are so wonderful and helpful with working with your children and you. Also the principal Ms. Hoffman is amazing she truly loves all of those kids and it shows. If you ever have a problem or concern she will address is right away and attends to yours and your childs needs. This is a fantastic school and my family is blessed to be a part of it.

Posted March 08, 2015
Our son has been at FAS for the last 4 years and he has really enjoyed his time there. The teachers are great and the principal has been very accommodating of our son's needs. He has done really well academically and we feel this is due, in part, to the smaller class sizes and caring staff. The smaller enrollment size also gives the school the feel of a private school and the involvement of parents and the PTO is much more than what you might get at a public school. Since the school is a charter school there is no tuition, but parents do help in fundraising which is great for the school/kids and lets them do a lot of fun things they may not have the chance to in a public school. All in all I would highly suggest people consider this school if they are looking for a caring staff, smaller class sizes, and a positive/supportive environment.

Posted March 04, 2015
I am a parent of two children at Freedom Academy. I wanted to write a review because I believe this particular Charter has something that other schools do not have. Along with great acedemics and a great sense of character this school offers you a chance to be part of a family. Linda Hoffman, the principal, opens her door to you the moment you arrive and offers you not only her expertise but also something just as important....she becomes your mentor, your friend, your advisor....she gives to her families at Freedom the ability to relax and trust. She has built a school around knowing each and every student for who they are....not who they are supposed to be. She not only knows every student by name but she takes time to know something special about each and every one of them. I am in awe every day at her tenacity and motivation to make each day at Freedom the best it can be. I feel like my kids are so blessed to have this experience......They are so happy. Freedom ends at 8th grade but Freedom will always be a part of our lives.....I believe with all the confidence in the world that Freedom Academy is a school that stands alone in all its uniqueness.

Posted March 03, 2015
I love Freedom Academy. I have an 8th grader and a 5th grader. I feel truly blessed that I found this school. My kids have done very well. The teachers are incredible and the principal, Linda Hoffman, is out of this world amazing. She has every single teacher learn every single child's name at the beginning of the year so the children feel comfortable reaching out to the teachers. Ms. Hoffman also knows every single student by name. She is very approachable and willing to help the parents with any issues when needed. There is a zero tolerance for bullying and she along with all the teachers keep a very close eye on the kids. My kids are testing great and they are very involved with school activities. Coach Steve makes all the kids want to be healthy, eat right and exercise. I could not ask for more. If you have the opportunity - choose this school.

Posted March 03, 2015
What a wonderful school ! From staff, teachers and principal that is , just like a "mother " to all of us ! My kids are finishing 8th grade and it's so sad that after 5 years will have to move on ! We will miss this school so much , in addition to an excellent academic program , the values taught will be on my kids 'life forever ! Thank you Freedom Academy ! We love you !

Posted September 13, 2014
We recently moved out of the state, and we had attended Freedom Academy for two years. I will say that not a school day goes by where I don't think about Freedom Academy, and how amazing of a school it truly is. Being part of a big public school now, makes me realize how special being part of a smaller school is. Freedom creates a safe, warm, welcoming, inclusive atmoshpere for any child and parent, and really values family time. The way they have their teachers organize homework and academics is outstanding. The PE coaches are enthusiastic and encouraging to the kids. The uniforms are affordable and I loved not having to hassle with outfits everyday, or compete with other kids. Also, the fundraising at this school is minimal!! Believe me, being part of a big public school now makes me realize how gentle Freedom was about fundraising, and made it fun for the kids and parents. A big public school has a PTA that might as well be a corporation. Pushing fundraising constantly. Freedom did not have that, and the PTA was a fun way for parents to be involved and contribute to the school. I will always be grateful for the wonderful experience we had at Freedom Academy.

Posted September 12, 2014
This is my child's third year at Freedom Academy South. She has always had a voice in where she goes without me. I never make her stay somewhere she doesn't feel welcome and cared about. For this to be her third year at her school speaks volumes because she's particular. She has had her share of problems but the same as with any school and they were always worked out without a crisis. I like the less overwhelming, smaller campus and she is excelling in her studies. The principal/superintendent truly cares about the families. The teachers and staff are warm, friendly and upbeat. We do need fundraisers because of less funding from the state, but if everyone pitches in what they can we succeed and I have never felt pressured. As far as Spanish, Computer and extras there may not be funds for, I consider those things we can delve into at home and it's still worth it. The school is so much more personable than my own grade school was. I like the firm but creative learning atmosphere and I feel a lot of staff members and parents are willing to 'think outside the box' here.

Freedom Academy 4

Posted April 28, 2014
What a wonderful place to send your child! My son started FreedomSouth in the first grade and is a few weeks away from finishing fourth grade. He has grown and flourished here so much. The only downfall is the lack of language, computers and art which all cost money. Thank you Freedom for showing my son "integrity, honor and leadership ".

Posted April 13, 2014
The principal, staff and pupils made our children feel welcome on their first day. They received welcome cards and made many new friends. The principal seems to go out of her way for her students and parents and the school morals are of high standards. This is most definitely the school for our family!

Freedom Academy
15014 N 56th, Scottsdale, AZ  85254
Last modified Freedom Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 96 reviews. Top