Scottsdale, AZ
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Blessed Pope John XXIII Catholic School in North Scottsdale. We are a welcoming community who work tirelessly to provide an exceptional academic, spiritual and social experience for our students. Parents are an integral part of the success of our school. We invite you to learn more about our state of the art facility, rigorous academic programs and incredibly qualified faculty and staff who make this school such a success.
February 14, 2013

Pope John XXIII Catholic School 2

Posted October 22, 2014
This school is terrible and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. This is the most unwelcoming environment I've ever seen. This school takes dress codes over academics everyday. The teachers here don't know how to teach and don't care enough about your child's education. I am furious with my child's education and will definitely be placing my child in a different school. The teachers take no effort into helping the children even if they are aware of their grades. My child is afraid of some of the teachers and came home near tears because of the teacher. The teacher she was upset about is a bully and cannot teach. She is also the strictest teacher I have ever known. This teacher doesn't even let kids walk into the classrooms with a non- school sweater for 10 seconds without giving the child an incident report or loosing their recess for wearing it. This is the worst middle school teacher I have met and has been at this school for too long. She is not motivating and tells the children that they are not smart. My daughter last year was in 8th grade and the teacher told her to get a tutor several times. Why would a teacher say that?I'm already paying for tuition.The teacher should help

Posted October 03, 2014
This school is amazing. I love the community, there's no other school that I've come across like it. The academics are first rate and the students are happy, NICE, and POLITE even in middle school!

Pope John XXIII Catholic School 1

Posted September 14, 2014
I agree with the person below me. This school is so bad. The teachers make the kids get tutors, why would they need them if you learned how to teach? Some teachers need to leave and the office staff is so very rude. It isn't open enough so it feels like your child is suffocating and some of the new teachers don't know how to grade. I feel like my child isn't ready to take the HSPT and when they do they are going to fail. I am so worried when my child is at school. They are wrongly accused of things they didn't do and they bulling rate is through the roof. The iPad program is horrible and does nothing for the children and the language department is AWFUL!!!! Don't send your child here you will regret it.

Posted September 09, 2014
I absolutely love this school! I love the faith formation, the integrated and cutting edge technology that is through out the campus as well as the traditional elements of education that I believe every child should be exposed to. The community is without a doubt one of the warmest and most engaged that I have seen in any school. Teachers are fabulous and continue to impress with their love of education and expertise. There will not be another elementary school like this one...it is truly that good. We feel blessed and fortunate to be here and look forward to many years to come.

Pope John XXIII Catholic School 3

Posted September 04, 2014
This school is great if your looking to improve your childs faith. I like the iPad program and how my child doesn't have to carry textbooks. The only thing I don't like is how we don't get to keep the iPads once we've payed so much for them. I've payed a total of $540 for my childs iPad and I think I should be able to keep it. Another thing I don't like is how disrespectful and innapropriate the boys at this school are to the girls at this school. It's not necessarily the schools fault but the parents and television. I also don't agree with the school hours. I don't think kids in the middle school grades should have to go to school from 7:45-3:00. I find the dismissal time a little ridiculous.

Pope John XXIII Catholic School 4

Posted July 23, 2014
Bypass the kindergarten and enter as a first grader. The kindergarten teachers are not nurturing at all, nor academically challenging...they are older teachers who are stuck in old-school ways and in great need of professional development. Attend kindergarten elsewhere and enter as a first grader. The first grade is excellent! As a parent, keep aware of the teachers at each grade level - 2nd is not strong, one in 3rd is weak, one in 5th and 6th is weak, 7th and 8th are good. Stay involved and your child will have a good experience!

Posted March 11, 2014
Pope John really represents a strong community enviroment. With excellent academics and deep in the faith this may be one of the best catholic schools out there.

Posted August 24, 2013
I like the IPad program and NDP Math program.If you want a fun and bully free school the is the school for you.Also we have Masses every Wednesdays which is cool.

Posted August 16, 2013
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this school. After several children and almost a decade here I think the school is absolutely working at its best. The administration is a good balance of tough yet fun, the teachers passionate about what they are doing and the community the most engaged I have ever seen them. We are happy and blessed and want to thank those that have worked so hard to make it a Christ filled fun place to learn.

Pope John XXIII Catholic School 3

Posted July 31, 2013
My family has been attending Pope John for 8 years and it is a great school they have a great campus vary clean and welly looked after. The school has some great teachers, but they have one big problem the school physiologist has came to the point where she only wants her own son to succeed so she dose not assist other students, also the school admin staff do not respond to the parents quickly or take contemplates about teachers series, they also seem reluctant to educate special ed students. The principal will not fire teachers who have worked at the school longer then him even after getting a hundreds of contemplates from parents and students.

Pope John XXIII Catholic School
16235 N 60th St, Scottsdale, AZ  85254
Last modified Pope John XXIII Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Pope John XXIII Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top