Scottsdale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted November 12, 2014
When transferring to Rancho from an AZ public school, one important factor was the discipline policy. Rancho students are held to a high standard of behavior and character - the expectations are clearly laid out, and from first hand experience, I can report that the zero tolerance policy for bullying is enforced. When our child was mistreated by another student, I only needed to email the teacher one time - the issue was immediately addressed to our complete satisfaction with the student and the parents, under the oversight of the principal. It truly showed us that Rancho values the whole child.

Posted September 29, 2014
This School in one word is...awful. Do not be fooled by its beautifully manicured grounds. I used to work at this campus. I am not a disgruntled former employee. I was not terminated. I chose to leave due to the lack of professionalism shown by the so called administration....and I use the term administration loosely. When a school nurse is promoted to principal, there is a problem. Then she goes to school to receive her degree? Isn't is supposed to work the other way around? Why did I go to school for 6 years and receive a Master's Degree in education to see someone who (at that time) had no educational degree receive a promotion? I'm sorry but parents are paying for a joke of an education.. Only 1 teacher remains from my Rancho days. Only one!!! Teachers who state opinions have been let go and anyone making too much money has been replaced by inexperienced teachers who can be paid less. Yes, this is true...very sad but true. The teacher turnover rate is extremely high and the school is poorly run. Meritas has made a HUGE mess out of Rancho. Who is going to travel from Gilbert to Scottsdale for a mediocre education? That's a long ride. This place is a rip off!!!!!!

Posted February 03, 2014
I can't say enough good things about Rancho Solano! I am shocked at some of the negative reviews. Most of these are in regard to the other campuses, which do not relate to Greenway. My children LOVE Rancho Solano! The academics are extremely challenging, but that's exactly what we wanted in a school. I always receive great communication from the administration and teachers, and I think the principal is amazing! The school not only focuses on academics, but on being a good person. The children here are smart, polite, and well-behaved. Some previous comments mentioned kids falling behind or having behavioral problems. The bottom line is that Rancho Solano is not for everyone. If your child is struggling in school, get some tutoring. If your child is ill-mannered and disruptive, Rancho Solano will not tolerate it, but I think that is a positive thing. If you don't like the price of tuition, check out one of the many charter schools in Scottsdale. If you are looking for an excellent private school for your child to learn, grow, and excel, then Rancho Solano is the place to be!

Posted January 26, 2014
Believe it or not, I actually would have given this school 5 stars but, I just received my re-enrollment paperwork and I am shocked. Not only has tuition once again increased even after closing 2 campuses, but they are now dismissing students on Fridays at 1:00pm for "professional development". They boost about how they attract the best teachers etc., but yet they are the only institution that I know of that takes this amount of time off toward "development". The amount of money paid compared to the actual class instruction is honestly criminal at this point. It's a shame as my children have loved attending Rancho and I as a parent have loved being part of this community. But at some point, enough is enough. Clearly, MERITAS investment in their Ventura campus is causing some financial concern which is now trickling down to the families with the inflated tuition. You will see many families departing after this year sadly.

Posted January 11, 2014
We have been at Hillcrest for many years and it was truly exceptional. However, with their new Ventura campus up, it seems the Ventura campus is absorbing most of the capital and operating budget. They shockingly, without notice announced they will close Hillcrest and Gilbert next year and bus the children to Greenway, with older and smaller facilities. The "cafeteria" is a tarp-covered tent over a ramada area. I would expect class sizes to go up there as well. Most of the teachers at Hillcrest are brushing up their resumes to find other positions, and my guess is the influx of children to Greenway would only dilute the teachers there.

Posted January 11, 2014
I would be very careful when dealing with Rancho and more importantly Meritas. My 2 children have been at Rancho for 7+ years. Meritas has decided to close the West Side campus to focus resources on East Side Schools. While I do not like the decision I understand and accept the fact it is Meritas's decision. The reason I gave such a low rating was the timing and preparation for the way the closure is being communicated. It became very clear the higher level organization really does not care about the impact the families and children that have been attending their schools. We have been extremely satisfied with the education and development of our children, but i would never do business again with this organization due to lack of preparation and complete unprofessionalism by the leadership. Be careful with this organization because they may surprise you with decisions that have a major impact on your entire family.

Posted January 10, 2014
My children attended Rancho for 11 years. When the original owners had the school it was truly AMAZING. The education and values that the school had was what made it great. Now, well completely different story. Consider this school a VERY EXPENSIVE public school. Not only was I a parent I was also an employee. This school is only about the MONEY don't be fooled they have mastered the art of lying. Very sad to see what has happened to a once great school.

Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Greenway Campus 3

Posted January 07, 2014
I would be cautious to recommend. We attended the Gilbert Rancho Solano for 5 years and had excellent experiences until the parent company, Meritas, elected to close the Gilbert campus to build a "super campus" at Greenway. The school intends to try to grow its Scottsdale base by 40% to financially support its investment in the Ventura campus (spent over $30M in 2013/2013). They appear to be having financial trouble over the past four years closing 3 campuses now to support their investment. The closure of our campus was done the first of the year after many other schools had started enrollment and we were left paying high tuition yet knowing that their excellent teachers would be offered no financial incentive to stay and support the students. Financial decisions appear to overrule when faced with a choice between those paying tuition/being educated vs. the bottom line. Sad to see this progression. The Gilbert staff was amazing, my son loved the school, but students are not the top priority - national rankings and financials are.

Posted September 28, 2013
We had just moved to the area and heard good things about Rancho Solano. Our son was entering the 5th Grade and was ready for a challenge. The school had assured us that he was ready and would be supported through the transition. Then, as school started, we were told that math would be moved up from a Saxon 6-7 to a Saxon 7-8. Our son was about to skip 2 years of math fundamentals. The Rancho advice to our son, pull yourself by the bootstraps and improve your attitude! They never offered or provided homework assistance or tutoring. When our son started becoming frustrated, they decided to just write him up in a callous calculation to expel him for behavior and keep ALL of the full year tuition (almost $14K!). They shattered our son s confidence and self-esteem, criticizing him constantly, after a month we were forced to pull him out to prevent further damage. A word of caution; Rancho Solano wants nothing more than good willing parents to buy into the false illusion that they are a great preparatory school. In reality, they are giving children 2 hours of homework for every 45 minutes of math instruction, putting the entire burden on the children and the paying parents.

Posted August 07, 2013
This school turned my son completely around. The Principal and teachers are caring and nurturing, the academics challenging, and the Rancho 5 at the forefront of all they do. There is no other school I would send my children to. I would recommend this school to anyone who knows education and cares about their child's future.

Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Greenway Campus
5656 E Greenway Road, Scottsdale, AZ  85254
Last modified Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Greenway Campus is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Greenway Campus Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 88 reviews. Top