PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This year has been disappointing. The curriculum was changed over the summer without parents knowledge. Text books were removed from the upper elementary (4th and 5th) Math classes. Instead small peer groups is how students learn….which is highly suspect as a good teaching method. The organization and communication from the administration is another year of disappointment and confusion! Teachers are left to design an across the board NEW curriculum as the year progresses, leaving the students and parents unwillingly being used as guinea pigs in their experiment towards "21st Century Learning". With tuition being paid by many for the year because of past faith in the school, to depart is to leave your hard earn money with Rancho. The number of parents touring, talking, and looking at other schools is certainly at its highest level in the last 5 years. Many schools are teaching "critical thinking skills"…Rancho claims to teach this but the administration certainly did not apply those skills when deciding to change things so rapidly. Buzz words come and go….Rancho if they cling to "buzz words" instead of a consistent proven curriculum that transitions easily from year to year will be a thing of the past soon.

My children just completed their first year at Rancho Solano, and this school has been nothing short of amazing! We recently moved here from the East Coast, and we were very concerned that the Arizona schools we had toured would not be comparable to the schools back East. This school has gone above and beyond in every way possible, and I now realize that it is actually ahead of the private school my children attended before we moved. The academics are very challenging, but this is a school where extremely bright or gifted children will excel! Rancho also provides a wonderful balance of academics and fun! They have numerous social activities, sports, etc. and the parents here have welcomed us with open arms into the family atmosphere! We feel blessed to have found this incredible school!

This school exceeds my expectations! When I was looking for a private school, I was looking for something better than average. I wanted a better education, a better environment, and better teachers than what was available at the other local schools I toured. I found all of that and more here! Rancho seeks out the best teachers in the business, and the proof will be on your child's report card. The teachers here go above and beyond, and the academics are top notch. Class sizes are small, with tons of individual attention. The principal is friendly and accessible. At my neighborhood public school, they are cutting specials due to budget issues. Not here! My kids go to PE 4 days a week, as well as taking music, art, science lab, Spanish, character education, etc. And, I agree with the previous reviews that the school has well behaved students. You will not find nicer kids than here at Rancho. This is a warm, loving, safe place that teaches your child how to become a smart, kind, well-rounded person. Even the parents are incredibly friendly! If you are looking for a school that offers outstanding academics, caring staff, and a sense of community, I would highly recommend this school.

Hands down, the best school in Scottsdale! We have been at a few schools in town, and finally found our perfect fit at Rancho. The academics are incredible, and they teach a true grade level ahead. My first grader is reading at a 4th grade level, and my 3 year old preschooler is reading, writing, and knows all his sight words! Academics aside, there is so much more to love here. The school is very progressive, and stays at the forefront of technology. They continue to grow by upgrading the campus, adding new amazing staff, and introducing new programs. In addition, the students are the most well behaved I have seen! They spend time every week learning about manners, being a kind person, and a good friend. This is built into the curriculum, and multiple assemblies are held to reinforce those traits. Bullying is not tolerated, and isn't even an issue due to the kids' mutual respect for one another. You will not be disappointed in this school!

Both of my children have attended Rancho Solano for the last 3 years. We are very happy with the teachers and administration. Class sizes are perfect. Expectations are high but not too high for the students to meet. The students at this school are extremely polite, nice, respectful and responsible.

i have two students at the rancho greenway campus, and this is our 4th year at the school. we are thrilled with the academic rigor; the focus on arts, languages, PE and athletics; and the unwavering attention to character. the students are not only excelling in core subjects, but they are learning how to be kind, build confidence, and respect and actively engage with all cultures and opinions. the teachers are genuine in their care for the students academically and emotionally, and the staff are always helpful and flexible. although no school can meet every family's expectations, and each family has different beliefs and priorities - if you're looking to raise a child that is respectful, academically advanced, comfortable in their skin, and an enthusiastic and compassionate contributor to society, i encourage you to look at rancho.

I can't say enough good things about Rancho Solano! I am shocked at some of the negative reviews. Most of these are in regard to the other campuses, which do not relate to Greenway. My children LOVE Rancho Solano! The academics are extremely challenging, but that's exactly what we wanted in a school. I always receive great communication from the administration and teachers, and I think the principal is amazing! The school not only focuses on academics, but on being a good person. The children here are smart, polite, and well-behaved. Some previous comments mentioned kids falling behind or having behavioral problems. The bottom line is that Rancho Solano is not for everyone. If your child is struggling in school, get some tutoring. If your child is ill-mannered and disruptive, Rancho Solano will not tolerate it, but I think that is a positive thing. If you don't like the price of tuition, check out one of the many charter schools in Scottsdale. If you are looking for an excellent private school for your child to learn, grow, and excel, then Rancho Solano is the place to be!

Believe it or not, I actually would have given this school 5 stars but, I just received my re-enrollment paperwork and I am shocked. Not only has tuition once again increased even after closing 2 campuses, but they are now dismissing students on Fridays at 1:00pm for "professional development". They boost about how they attract the best teachers etc., but yet they are the only institution that I know of that takes this amount of time off toward "development". The amount of money paid compared to the actual class instruction is honestly criminal at this point. It's a shame as my children have loved attending Rancho and I as a parent have loved being part of this community. But at some point, enough is enough. Clearly, MERITAS investment in their Ventura campus is causing some financial concern which is now trickling down to the families with the inflated tuition. You will see many families departing after this year sadly.

We have been at Hillcrest for many years and it was truly exceptional. However, with their new Ventura campus up, it seems the Ventura campus is absorbing most of the capital and operating budget. They shockingly, without notice announced they will close Hillcrest and Gilbert next year and bus the children to Greenway, with older and smaller facilities. The "cafeteria" is a tarp-covered tent over a ramada area. I would expect class sizes to go up there as well. Most of the teachers at Hillcrest are brushing up their resumes to find other positions, and my guess is the influx of children to Greenway would only dilute the teachers there.

My children attended Rancho for 11 years. When the original owners had the school it was truly AMAZING. The education and values that the school had was what made it great. Now, well completely different story. Consider this school a VERY EXPENSIVE public school. Not only was I a parent I was also an employee. This school is only about the MONEY don't be fooled they have mastered the art of lying. Very sad to see what has happened to a once great school.

Last modified Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Greenway Campus is a Private school that serves grades PK-5