Posted February 02, 2015
This school exceeds my expectations! When I was looking for a private school, I was looking for something better than average. I wanted a better education, a better environment, and better teachers than what was available at the other local schools I toured. I found all of that and more here! Rancho seeks out the best teachers in the business, and the proof will be on your child's report card. The teachers here go above and beyond, and the academics are top notch. Class sizes are small, with tons of individual attention. The principal is friendly and accessible. At my neighborhood public school, they are cutting specials due to budget issues. Not here! My kids go to PE 4 days a week, as well as taking music, art, science lab, Spanish, character education, etc. And, I agree with the previous reviews that the school has well behaved students. You will not find nicer kids than here at Rancho. This is a warm, loving, safe place that teaches your child how to become a smart, kind, well-rounded person. Even the parents are incredibly friendly! If you are looking for a school that offers outstanding academics, caring staff, and a sense of community, I would highly recommend this school.
6 people found this helpful

Posted January 25, 2015
Hands down, the best school in Scottsdale! We have been at a few schools in town, and finally found our perfect fit at Rancho. The academics are incredible, and they teach a true grade level ahead. My first grader is reading at a 4th grade level, and my 3 year old preschooler is reading, writing, and knows all his sight words! Academics aside, there is so much more to love here. The school is very progressive, and stays at the forefront of technology. They continue to grow by upgrading the campus, adding new amazing staff, and introducing new programs. In addition, the students are the most well behaved I have seen! They spend time every week learning about manners, being a kind person, and a good friend. This is built into the curriculum, and multiple assemblies are held to reinforce those traits. Bullying is not tolerated, and isn't even an issue due to the kids' mutual respect for one another. You will not be disappointed in this school!
9 people found this helpful

Posted January 17, 2015
Both of my children have attended Rancho Solano for the last 3 years. We are very happy with the teachers and administration. Class sizes are perfect. Expectations are high but not too high for the students to meet. The students at this school are extremely polite, nice, respectful and responsible.
9 people found this helpful

Posted January 15, 2015
i have two students at the rancho greenway campus, and this is our 4th year at the school. we are thrilled with the academic rigor; the focus on arts, languages, PE and athletics; and the unwavering attention to character. the students are not only excelling in core subjects, but they are learning how to be kind, build confidence, and respect and actively engage with all cultures and opinions. the teachers are genuine in their care for the students academically and emotionally, and the staff are always helpful and flexible. although no school can meet every family's expectations, and each family has different beliefs and priorities - if you're looking to raise a child that is respectful, academically advanced, comfortable in their skin, and an enthusiastic and compassionate contributor to society, i encourage you to look at rancho.
10 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2014
I can't say enough good things about Rancho Solano! I am shocked at some of the negative reviews. Most of these are in regard to the other campuses, which do not relate to Greenway. My children LOVE Rancho Solano! The academics are extremely challenging, but that's exactly what we wanted in a school. I always receive great communication from the administration and teachers, and I think the principal is amazing! The school not only focuses on academics, but on being a good person. The children here are smart, polite, and well-behaved. Some previous comments mentioned kids falling behind or having behavioral problems. The bottom line is that Rancho Solano is not for everyone. If your child is struggling in school, get some tutoring. If your child is ill-mannered and disruptive, Rancho Solano will not tolerate it, but I think that is a positive thing. If you don't like the price of tuition, check out one of the many charter schools in Scottsdale. If you are looking for an excellent private school for your child to learn, grow, and excel, then Rancho Solano is the place to be!
12 people found this helpful

Posted January 26, 2014
Believe it or not, I actually would have given this school 5 stars but, I just received my re-enrollment paperwork and I am shocked. Not only has tuition once again increased even after closing 2 campuses, but they are now dismissing students on Fridays at 1:00pm for "professional development". They boost about how they attract the best teachers etc., but yet they are the only institution that I know of that takes this amount of time off toward "development". The amount of money paid compared to the actual class instruction is honestly criminal at this point. It's a shame as my children have loved attending Rancho and I as a parent have loved being part of this community. But at some point, enough is enough. Clearly, MERITAS investment in their Ventura campus is causing some financial concern which is now trickling down to the families with the inflated tuition. You will see many families departing after this year sadly.

Posted January 11, 2014
We have been at Hillcrest for many years and it was truly exceptional. However, with their new Ventura campus up, it seems the Ventura campus is absorbing most of the capital and operating budget. They shockingly, without notice announced they will close Hillcrest and Gilbert next year and bus the children to Greenway, with older and smaller facilities. The "cafeteria" is a tarp-covered tent over a ramada area. I would expect class sizes to go up there as well. Most of the teachers at Hillcrest are brushing up their resumes to find other positions, and my guess is the influx of children to Greenway would only dilute the teachers there.

Posted January 10, 2014
My children attended Rancho for 11 years. When the original owners had the school it was truly AMAZING. The education and values that the school had was what made it great. Now, well completely different story. Consider this school a VERY EXPENSIVE public school. Not only was I a parent I was also an employee. This school is only about the MONEY don't be fooled they have mastered the art of lying. Very sad to see what has happened to a once great school.

Posted September 28, 2013
We had just moved to the area and heard good things about Rancho Solano. Our son was entering the 5th Grade and was ready for a challenge. The school had assured us that he was ready and would be supported through the transition. Then, as school started, we were told that math would be moved up from a Saxon 6-7 to a Saxon 7-8. Our son was about to skip 2 years of math fundamentals. The Rancho advice to our son, pull yourself by the bootstraps and improve your attitude! They never offered or provided homework assistance or tutoring. When our son started becoming frustrated, they decided to just write him up in a callous calculation to expel him for behavior and keep ALL of the full year tuition (almost $14K!). They shattered our son s confidence and self-esteem, criticizing him constantly, after a month we were forced to pull him out to prevent further damage. A word of caution; Rancho Solano wants nothing more than good willing parents to buy into the false illusion that they are a great preparatory school. In reality, they are giving children 2 hours of homework for every 45 minutes of math instruction, putting the entire burden on the children and the paying parents.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 07, 2013
This school turned my son completely around. The Principal and teachers are caring and nurturing, the academics challenging, and the Rancho 5 at the forefront of all they do. There is no other school I would send my children to. I would recommend this school to anyone who knows education and cares about their child's future.
5 people found this helpful

Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Greenway Campus
5656 E Greenway Road, Scottsdale, AZ  85254
Last modified Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Greenway Campus is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Greenway Campus Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 87 reviews. Top