Scottsdale, AZ

Posted September 26, 2014
This school has so much potential with great faculty and administration. Every school has challenges. What makes this school special is the fact that students are driven to their full potential in a safe and nurturing environment. It really is a Catholic Christian community.

Posted September 25, 2014
I LOVE THE MOMS AND THEIR $100 LULULEMON YOGA PANTS. I ALSO LOVE THEIR SARCASTIC STORIES OF HOW INCREDIBLE STUDENTS ARE

Posted July 20, 2014
Notre Dame Preparatory is an awful school. Not only do they worry about dress code over academics, they suck the fun out of high school. If your child is academically gifted, DONT send them here. NDP does not accommodate any one who cannot fit into their "cookie cutter" student. However, if you have money and parents willing to donate, than you're in luck because thats all they care about. NDP does not prepare high schoolers for the basics of life. They baby us and give anyone with money an 'A' or they let them stay in school after they broke their "zero tolerance" drug policy. The only thing this school is good at is prayer. If I had children of my own, I would NOT send them here.

Posted June 29, 2014
Notre Dame Preparatory is an excellent school. Teachers and staff are not only well prepared, but are truly committed to their students. Academics are challenging but most teachers tried their best to help students who need help. My oldest daughter graduated from NDP and is doing extremely well in college. She got a substantial scholarship to attend an out of state private university. Her graduating class received in excess of eight milion dollars in scholarships. I feel she was well prepared for college. The service oriented program allows students to realize the many opportunities how they can help and impact their community. I feel grateful for NDP's help in educating my child.

Posted April 18, 2014
We will withdraw our child from Notre Dame this year. Our child was sexually harassed and the boy was not permanently punished, although his behavior was ground for expulsion. Other girls were also harassed, and the administration has been aware, but the boy still attends Notre Dame. His behavior was was undeniably, "Behavior unbecoming of a Christian". Several members of the student body are mean and bully non-white students. In one situation a black teen had food thrown at them along with derogatory statements being screamed at them too. Although the school claims they do Good Works, most children do it only to fulfill a credit, not to truly exemplify Christian traits. With all the scandal in the Catholic church, I thought they would handle situations more carefully. The education is not better than the public high school either, yet you'll pay college tuition like fees to attend their school. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 22, 2014
I am a student at Notre Dame Prep. Parents and staff may sell you on the "amazing" school where their child is "thriving" but they do not know what goes on inside of the school. Students enjoy ganging up on people to make them feel weak and no one stands up for them. For the most part, teachers hand out detentions to the same students because they simply think they're doing something wrong when in reality they are not. Over all this school's teachings of Reverence, Respect, and Responsibility, are not represented by the students in any way.

Posted October 06, 2013
NDP is AWESOME end of story! We left SCA and couldn't be happier here, our son is thriving at NDP. And I don't have to deal with the inexperienced, inept administration at SCA any longer, that place is going down hill in a hurry.

Notre Dame Preparatory 4

Posted September 30, 2012
Notre Dame Prep is a young school on its way to becoming a great school. The leadership and community is very strong, and what really sets this school apart is its focus on a value-based education. The kids in the school do learn about respect, tolerance and collaboration; therefore, they become good citizens and good students for quality universities and colleges. While no school is perfect, this school has plenty of good teachers, students and family involvement. This school is well on its way to becoming one of the best preparatory high schools in the State of Arizona.

Posted August 02, 2012
I am going into my senior year at NDP & I have loved every second of it! The accusations about the principle & the "real truth about NDP" are false. It's a great school & a huge reason that people are saying that it's not academically challenging is because they are not taking the highest level classes. On that note, I will say that when I came in as a freshman I was not put in honors classes even though my 8th grade teachers gave me outstanding recommendations. That is one thing I would say needs work. If you are in the higher level classes, you will be challenged. That's the thing, you need to challenge yourself. NDP gives you that opportunity. In regards to the strict rules, it's a CATHOLIC SCHOOL, they're notorious for having strict rules that you just have to follow, even if they are pretty ridiculous. But then again, life is ridiculous, so I'd say it's pretty good preparation for the real world. On a final note, NDP is not going to hand you everything on a silver platter, you have to work for it. You have to join clubs, & work your way to the top. If you need help, ask for it. The only way to get anything done for yourself, is to do it yourself, & if you need help, just ask.

Notre Dame Preparatory 3

Posted June 21, 2012
To May 16, 2012 Parent: Your condescending attitude toward parents who obviously had different experiences than you with NDP is quite rude. Judge not, lest ye be judged, isn't that what the bible teaches? Notre Dame is a great school in some respects (Theology Dept. is outstanding), but sadly lacking in others. I know this from first hand experience. My son attended NDP for two years, and I worked there during that time (in an area totally unassociated with him, so no, I wasn't a "hovering" parent, just helping out). The discipline doled out IS inconsistent. "Random" drug testing: depending on "who" you are, you get cut some slack and are not held to the same consequences as "average Joe." I know students who have gone on to college from NDP and sadly underachieved. Conversely, I know NDP graduates who fit in quite well at their chosen colleges. NDP does stress good citizenship and values. Yet it is a fact that NDP did not offer much to students who needed extra motivation, tutoring help, nor did they have a program for academically challenged students, students who eventually fall through the cracks. For the tuition paid, NDP should broaden its support system for those students.

Notre Dame Preparatory
9701 East Bell Road, Scottsdale, AZ  85260
Last modified Notre Dame Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Notre Dame Preparatory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top