PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 21, 2016
As a parent of two children who have attended Camelback Desert since 2009, I think the school, teachers, curriculum and students are outstanding. All of the teachers are motivated to teach, to connect with their students and to help their students find their special gifts. Not only is there an emphasis on learning at CDS; but also the importance of being good citizens of the world. Even among amazing educators, there are some teachers that standout at CDS.....Ms. McCarter (PreK), Ms. Sully (K) and Ms. Petterson (2nd Grade). These women know how to make learning fun; as well as enriching academically. I highly recommend CDS; and am baffled by some of the bitter parent reviews. Clearly parents can have different experiences at the same school....but leaving anonymous reviews regarding a school/teacher is not the avenue I would take if was dissatisfied with my children's education. I believe CDS to be a wonderful option for your children's education.

Posted May 21, 2016
I had a wonderful experience teaching at Camelback Desert School. The school has a great family feeling to it and the staff is very helpful and caring. I find the recent reviews of this school to be dishonest. Working at the school everyday I see everything first hand. All of the teachers care about their kids education and well being. The small class sizes really help the kids get the most out of their education. The specialist teachers are awesome and passionate about their jobs. I would highly recommend sending your child to Camelback Desert School!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 20, 2016
My child's teacher barely even taught- my child didn't learn anything in kindergarten this school year. They would have learned more if they had repeated Pre-K.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
It doesn't. There were multiple instances this past school year where kids in my child's classroom weren't disciplined appropriately by the kindergarten teacher.

Camelback Desert School 1

Posted May 20, 2016
My child was a student in kindergarten this past school year at CDS, and I have to say that I am thoroughly disappointed in the school. The education was more than substandard- my child had trouble with simple concepts like the alphabet and counting to 20. I tried numerous times to contact the kindergarten teacher and the principal, but my concerns were brushed aside each time and I was treated as an overreacting parent. I now have to spend all summer trying to get my child caught up with their education, and was even forced to hire a professional tutor. The school is not even close to worth the ridiculous amount of money it demands as tuition, and I wouldn't send my child there even if it were free.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 04, 2015
The teachers are fantastic! They are all certified and degreed professional teachers that are effective able to balance the right amount of nuturing and discipline with the students!

Camelback Desert School 1

Posted May 10, 2015
Not the best year at Camelback Desert School! I have loved the teachers at this school but the First grade teacher was not great:( It is always sad to see when children are not validated because they are judged on past experiences. To be a great teacher you must judge each individual incident as it occurs. What makes a great school beside the teachers and community is the head of the school! "People do not remember what you do, they only remember how you made them feel"

Posted March 15, 2015
We have two boys in 2nd and 4 th grade and are enrolling again next year. This school helps develop confident, academically strong thinkers with an emphasis on character and team work. All the staff are loving and purpose-driven and know us and our children. There is a strong sense of community and all interactions with staff and parents have been kind. We would keep our boys here forever if we could as they are truly developing into well-rounded, happy little men. Communication with the principal and teachers is exceptional. My son was able to take a field trip to Washington DC in 4 th grade and had an amazing experience. Organic food with a gluten free option is definitely a plus! Highly recommend this treasure of a school - we looked everywhere in the valley when we moved here 2 years ago and were lucky to discover Camelback Desert.

Posted October 20, 2014
My daughter is currently enrolled in Camelback Desert School's Pre-K 2 class. She missed the kindergarten cut off and my husband and I felt daunted as to where to enroll her for fear of boredom or regression. At CDS we have seen anything but. She is engaged and thriving. Her teachers have a wonderful rapport with her and she is more excited about learning than I have ever seen. The focusing on reading and phonics is apparent. My daughter is well on her way to reading in just two months of school. We feel so blessed to have found CDS. The school offers multiple opportunities to be involved in your child's education. They provide families with the opportunity to connect with each other through events held on campus. The staff takes an active and genuine interest in all the children. I feel welcome each and every time I step on campus. There wasn't a better choice for our daughter or our family as a whole.

Camelback Desert School 4

Posted October 20, 2014
What a fabulously nurturing community! The teachers actually care about each child's progress and draws them out of their shells to let them be full participants in their learning. With collaborative experiences through grades, a Cultural Fair, specials like PE, music, technology, Spanish, and art each day of the week, and meticulously coordinated concerts, our daughter is receiving a top notch, well-rounded education at CDS. Couldn't be happier.

9606 East Kalil Drive, Scottsdale, AZ  85260
Last modified Camelback Desert School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6