Scottsdale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted October 20, 2014
My daughter is currently enrolled in Camelback Desert School's Pre-K 2 class. She missed the kindergarten cut off and my husband and I felt daunted as to where to enroll her for fear of boredom or regression. At CDS we have seen anything but. She is engaged and thriving. Her teachers have a wonderful rapport with her and she is more excited about learning than I have ever seen. The focusing on reading and phonics is apparent. My daughter is well on her way to reading in just two months of school. We feel so blessed to have found CDS. The school offers multiple opportunities to be involved in your child's education. They provide families with the opportunity to connect with each other through events held on campus. The staff takes an active and genuine interest in all the children. I feel welcome each and every time I step on campus. There wasn't a better choice for our daughter or our family as a whole.

Camelback Desert School 4

Posted October 20, 2014
What a fabulously nurturing community! The teachers actually care about each child's progress and draws them out of their shells to let them be full participants in their learning. With collaborative experiences through grades, a Cultural Fair, specials like PE, music, technology, Spanish, and art each day of the week, and meticulously coordinated concerts, our daughter is receiving a top notch, well-rounded education at CDS. Couldn't be happier.

Posted October 20, 2014
So far we are in the beginning stages of pre-k 2 education with only a few months under our belt and so far this school has exceeded ALL our initial expectations. The staff is friendly, competent, helpful and engaging with students and families. Our teacher, Mrs. Whitney, and her teacher assistants, are very caring and nurturing. From what I've seen up to this point, I would highly recommend this school to other family friends.

Posted October 16, 2014
This is quality, great education and on a personal one-on-one level. The teachers and principal will always listen and help make this a personalized education for your child! One of the best art and music programs around! I could not be happier!!

Posted October 16, 2014
There is something magical about this school. The academics are top notch, taught in a way that is fun for the students and promotes a love of learning. The principal and teachers genuinely care about all of our children and I can't imagine sending my child anywhere else. This is truly a supportive and nurturing community.

Posted October 16, 2014
My daughter has attended CDS going on two years now. She absolutely loves going to school every day! The staff is very nurturing and loving. I am always amazed at the things my daughter comes home telling me about what she learned. They don't even realize that they're learning because they are having so much fun. It is truly a one of a kind school that you won't find anywhere else in the valley! There is no better feeling than dropping your kids off at school, knowing they are safe, loved, and getting the best education, all at the same time.

Posted October 16, 2014
If your looking for a school with amazing teachers and incredible families, where your kids will learn, grow and come home smiling every day then I recommend Camelback Desert School.

Posted October 16, 2014
We could not be happier with the students, teachers, administration and with the curriculum. It is a very small school which at first glance seems too small, but you know that your children are getting a lot of individual attention and all of the students receive a personalized learning plan. It is the perfect combination of fun and learning all geared to the children's unique and individualized learning style. I hear two critiques of the school that it is too small....well do we all not want our children to be protected, nutured and valued? There is plenty of time in life to navigate the crummy aspects of this world. I believe children should be allowed to be naive children and not pushed into adulthood. I also hear complaints the tuition is expensive..well it is because all of the teachers have masters degrees, have a small student/teacher ratio, full day Kindergarten, PE, Technology, Spanish, Music and Art three days a week. My neighbors elect to send their children to the public school where they are getting the above specials every 10 days. No comparison to public school and worth every penny. We should all send our children to the best school we can afford, CDS is it.

Posted October 16, 2014
Camelback Desert School is a gem in the desert. The moment you walk on the campus, there is a good feeling. The curriculum emphasizes experiential learning and critical thinking, and the art/music/technology classes are terrific. It's a small school, so it's easy for students and parents to immediately feel a part of a community. There is a good sense of aesthetics - the students eat outside at pleasant picnic tables that are shaded (misters in the hot months), there are two attractive playgrounds and a field so the students aren't stuffed inside all day. The classrooms all have windows - and windows that open - unlike many AZ schools where the students don't see natural light al day. The caliber of the teachers is excellent. There are 2 swimming pools so the students can swim during PE in the hotter months.

Posted October 16, 2014
I LOVE this school. Nowhere else in Arizona do you get the proper balance of love and academics. We have been with CDS 3 years now and feel blessed to have found it and to be a part of something so wonderful. The kids are great, the parents are awesome, and each member of the staff has love for each child and a passion for what they do. It's such a happy school:-).

Camelback Desert School
9606 East Kalil Drive, Scottsdale, AZ  85260
Last modified Camelback Desert School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Camelback Desert School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 87 reviews. Top