Scottsdale, AZ

Posted August 15, 2014
I have been very happy with Anasazi from the start. I have a child who just left this school for a middle school. I have one child in Pre-K and another in the 2nd Grade. A great school requires great leadership and Principal Quizberg is a great leader. He is responsive to parents and he is helpful. We have had some great experiences with some great teachers. Small problems have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. I am very happy with this school.

Anasazi Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
The amount bullying is horrible and inconceivable. The denial and lack of action is far worse. Be very careful sending your children here. The principal is more concerned with receiving a A+ awards than investigating ANY allegations. The school motto should be "deny and deflect then hid and cover up."

Posted September 23, 2013
I disagree with the review that states that all the Principal cares about is the A+ rating and that the parents and children are arrogant. Clearly this is coming from someone who has a personal issue with the school/Principal, and is certainly not representative of how most families feel about this wonderful education environment. I have been an active parent at this school since 2005. I have had two children go through Anasazi for their entire elementary education. The Principal has been at the school for over 18 years and the reason we have received 4 A+ is because of his dedication to excellence, support & training of the administration and staff, and a loving/caring environment. The community is strong and supportive with engaged parents and families that come together to make the school the best learning environment that it can be. If parents truly want to get involved, they are welcomed by both the Administration and parent/teacher groups.

Posted September 23, 2013
As I have a 5th grader we as a family have reflected on all our years at Anasazi. We are so blessed that AZ has open enrollment and our family is able to be part of the Anasazi community. From the teachers, administration, children and parents we think Anasazi has taught us all so much. Looking forward to the next step in our children's education next year and that he has the foundation to succeed from Anasazi!

Anasazi Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2013
This could be a better. My children attended Anasazi but now they are in the Fountain Hills School Distrist. Some of the teachers are excellent while others are OK. The principal is more concerned with receiving a A+ awards than enforcing the rules. Although, Anasazi has many parents involved, it is difficult to become part of "the click". I met many nice parents at the school but the arrogant "snotsdale" element is alive and well. It is a shame because the arrogance is picked up by their children and brought to class. I have been told many times by my children that the "popular" kids are the so called "rich kids". They believe they are better because they think they are rich. I would always tell my children that when confronted with the "I'm rich" attitude they should explain to these children that if they were really rich they would be attending a private school not public school. Take note "rich parents".

Posted August 20, 2013
Anasazi is the best public school my daughter ever attended. I pulled her out to attend a local charter school, but now I am seriously considering a return to Anasazi. I'm surprised to see the comments denoting a lack of communication between staff and parents; my daughter's teachers kept constant communication with us via phone, email, and communication journal. If you are looking for a public school that is on par with private and charter schools, you won't be disappointed with Anasazi.

Posted June 17, 2013
We moved from southern California 2 years ago with our three children and after a lot of research I chose Anasazi Elementary based on test scores, location and the fact that the school has a history for retaining teachers. The principle is excellent (he has been at Anasazi since its opening). We loved Mrs. Treat in Kindergarten and Mrs. Harrison in 3rd grade. Our experience has been so positive. The office staff is respectful, the nurse is so caring and the music teacher loves the kids. I give this school an A+.

Posted June 03, 2013
The teaching staff at Anasazi is wonderful, dedicated and compassionate. Unfortunately, they have very large class sizes (over 30 in my child's class). The gifted/enrichment program is wonderful, especially with their special projects and math enrichment. The only negative about the school is picking up the children after school. Parallel parking is clearly a challenge for many of the parents, they love to double park & several are dangerously aggressive drivers.

Posted May 29, 2013
Our two daughters attended Anasazi and our experience is nothing but positive. The teachers are excellent and the extracurricular programs great. While the budgets are hitting all aspects of the government hard, the school has maintained consistent quality and just became the first A+++ school in Arizona! The one star rating I saw on here come as a little bit of a shock and I have some doubts as to the veracity of the claims. In any event, that would be an isolated example compared to that many, many other positives. This school is highly recommended.

Anasazi Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2013
My daughter was at Anasazi when she was in First Grade. She is now in 5th Grade. The teacher was somewhat inappropriate, asking parents to volunteer their house for end of schoolyear sleepover. I thought that was bizarre. We felt that our daughter missed a whole year of learning- she did not learn time, day of week, months in a year which my eldest learned that early. When my daughter got to Third Grade, Anasazi hired a new teacher who apparently was "one of their own." This teacher sent a police to our place due to a drawing that my daughter drew. Instead of calling us to a meeting, this teacher just sent a police right away. We pulled out our daughter that day and transferred her to Arts Academy. In less than a month, our daughter received Best Reader and Best Handwriting awards at Arts Academy.

Anasazi Elementary School
12121 N 124th Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85259
Last modified Anasazi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anasazi Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top