Scottsdale, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,744

Posted September 19, 2014
The staff at this school are extremely rude and unaccommodating. The curriculum is basic for the classes my child is enrolled in and I honestly don't see how this school prepares students for college. One year is enough at this school and I'm glad my child will not be attending there next year.

Posted June 22, 2014
Honestly, this school is a perfect example of when they use the A grade rating to boost their reputation and all of the sudden when your invested in it, it's a huge lie. I've been a student at the school since freshmen year and I felt this school is a lifeless prison of a mediocre list of teachers and unreliable programs that struggles to prepare students for college. The students are horrible at this school specially the student body and stuco, they are disrespectful to their peers and new students from other schools. Overall, this school is horrible in education and everything, if you looking for a strong education that really preps your child for college, consider Pinnacle or Chaparral.

Cactus Shadows High School 3

Posted May 22, 2014
Cactus Shadows is a very fine institution. I'm not going to lie and say that all of their teachers are the best in the state but they aren't the worst. I transferred to Horizon because I moved and anyone who thinks there is a drug or bullying problem should go to Horizon and see how lucky they are. No one pushes drugs on you and no one gets bullied at school. Online is another story. If you are getting bullied online just close your browser! Cactus Shadows has great events and really creative students. I am proud to say I attended Cactus Shadows and will be returning in the fall for my senior year.

Posted May 21, 2014
The school and its administration is a joke. They spend thousands to put a helicopter in the air to take a video of the students on the field for their "year end video" but can't spend a dime to provide special education needs for its students who are struggling. Unbelievable!!!! DON'T send your kids here!

Posted December 19, 2013
The school is impersonal and the individual students are just parts in a machine. Administration considers the 'machine' acceptable and will use the "1700 students" as a reason to ignore individual needs. Administration are also thick as thieves and are unwilling to take responsibility when they make mistakes. As far as teachers are concerned, I don't think they can get a fair rating because of the regime they report to. My oldest child, a graduate of CSHS and a Dean's list student in college says, "I'm ashamed to be an alum of that school.". The worst thing about this school and the district is that they are always grubbing for money, then they cut classroom budget, and spend, spend, spend on facilities and "image". They boast their "A" rating to the point of being sickening, especially when you know what day to day is really like..

Cactus Shadows High School 4

Posted October 30, 2011
This school, as any in the US, has drugs but they are not forced upon students not interested. Drug use is not accepted in the school and every effort is made to eliminate the problems. There are great teachers, good teachers and this year a few less poor teachers. Any grass being planted surely was not paid for by the firing of teachers!!!???? The principal is concerned and willing to aid in the communication of families and teachers. My 4th child is going through this district right now.

Cactus Shadows High School 2

Posted April 28, 2010
I am a student at cactus shaddows. If you are looking to put your kids in a school I am telling you now that this school is definatley not a good idea. There Is a HUGE and when i say huge im not joking, HUGE drug and alcohol problem. There is no way you can avoid it at this school. The School officer is a really nice guy but cant seem to crack down on these problems. I dont know if the school system is completely trying to ignore this but its extremely obvious. They try to keep us in the school as if its a prison. Literally. Locked gates throughout the school. Also as far as learning goes, in every class the teacher doesnt get any respect from the kids. The average in my english class is 32% the teacher cant controll the room.

Cactus Shadows High School 5

Posted October 14, 2009
The new principal is absolutely wonderful. Organized, Approachable, Friendly, Caring, the school is running better than ever. The last coment Dated September was obviously from someone who doesn't spend a lot of time at the school. you gave the new adminstration a week to form your opinion wow how long did your boss give you to be perfect at your job....., do you homework on the grass before making rediculous comments. Be part of the solution not the problem. Not Happy? take your kid somewhere else like horrible scottsdale school district or worse Deer Valley, paradise valley.

Cactus Shadows High School 2

Posted September 10, 2009
My child has a lot of problems inside of this school due to the environment set by the administration of pure unorganized chaos. They are slow of getting out information to parents and quick to fire fine educators to buy new grass. Not the worst school my children have ever attended but definately not one I pride having my kids go to.

Cactus Shadows High School 5

Posted April 14, 2008
My child usually doesn't understand the materials that are being taught. When we moved to the district, my son has been fully understanding what he's being taught. The teachers have been providing extra help for my child. He has made it on the Honor Roll for the first time in his life. I would highly suggest this excelling school over the old school he went to in Northern California. The staff is also great. They are all very friendly and are glad to help out.

Cactus Shadows High School
5802 E Dove Valley, Scottsdale, AZ  85266
Last modified Cactus Shadows High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cactus Shadows High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top