Bad
Good

Posted January 05, 2015
Love Cochise school. Great teachers and staff. Wonderful neighborhood school. My kids have learned so much and love going to school. Happy Parent :)

Cochise Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2014
I have had my up's and down's with the school but the administration has always been very helpful with it all. I feel with every school the parent needs to be proactive for their child's sake and not leave it up to the school. It is all about the right fit. Wherever you go there are good teachers and bad teachers. There are good students and bad students. What makes it a great school is one that can keep the good students good and turn the bad students good. Kudos to all the good teachers.

Posted April 17, 2014
Great school, great community and awesome teachers. It's a very happy environment and my kids love it. School is suppose to be fun as well as educational and I feel they are getting that balance. Feel so blessed to have such great parents who help support school.

Posted February 06, 2013
This is truly a great school. I love it. My only little concern is the reserved parking spaces for the APT. If your a kindergarten parent and you're running late to pick your child up and the parking is full you have to park there. Soon the people who reserved the spaces come along and scream at you for parking in their spot even if you say,"My child was crying where is mommy??"Just because I was running late. Otherwise a great school fantastic teachers and staff. There is a band class, a P.E class, and a gifted class.

Cochise Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2013
VERY disappointing and disorganized gifted "program." We enrolled after hearing what a great school Cochise was. I agree the parents were nice, and there is a strong community. Our son's teacher doesn't allow parents in the classroom and the principal stands by that. (improperly cited privacy "laws" that I've never seen any other teacher/admin invoke) When we went to our first gifted parents' meeting, many parents were very vocal and irate at the minimal gifted support. We thought they were over-the-top until we were told our child would have to repeat curriculum he had completed two years earlier at another school, even though his Cochise test results were 92%+ in all areas. We went all the way to the district level to have a better fit / get him more challenging materlal, and they essentially said there would be almost nothing done, so we moved to Sonoran Sky and have had an AMAZING experience with their gifted programs (both cluster-with-mainstream as well as self-contained.)

Posted August 14, 2012
Good Day: I am a McCormick Ranch Grandparent. My grandson will be attending 1st grade next year, as his parents, will be relocating to the area. I would like to stay in communications, regarding this schoo. Respectfully, Mrs. H.

Posted February 02, 2011
Excellent teachers, wonderful community, active parents, and horrible principal. Our teachers go out of their way for our kids. Our principal does not tell the truth, does not know kids' names, is a bully, and has very little experience before being hired at Cochise. Come on Scottsdale...our school needs a leader!

Posted August 12, 2010
Excellent school with the best teachers anywhere. Bright and engaging children coupled with active and supportive parents make for a wonderful learning environment. The poor decisions, or lack thereof, of the administration is the only drawback to this very fine school.

Posted March 15, 2010
phenomenal teachers. deep parental involvement and improving administration. most importantly, phenomenal, nurturing teachers. second only to cheyenne in sdsu test scores yet the teachers don't gear learning toward test taking. not perfect, but pretty close.

Cochise Elementary School

Posted November 07, 2009
I actually really like the school and especially my daughter's kindergarten teacher! It is our first experience with school (no prior pre-school) and I can not be happier with the school we chose. Cochise is not our home school, so we really did our home work and found what we felt was the best fit for us - Cochise Elementary, Scottsdale has the feel of a private school. We give it an A +

Cochise Elementary School
9451 North 84th Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85258
Last modified Cochise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cochise Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top