Scottsdale, AZ
After care: No

Cocopah Middle School 4

Posted November 24, 2014
Cocopah gets it right by providing a great transition from elementary to high school. Through out the year students are given more responsibility, have more choices, and meet more students. Students are taught to be responsible for assignments and grades with online Synergy system. Along with choosing honors for core classes, students get to choose from a variety of electives (language, fine arts, performing arts, tech lab, etc.), Students have a wonderful group of peers to meet with three SUSD elementary schools feeding into Cocopah. Plus there is an overall 'Be Kind' energy at the school that is very special. Three years go quick with a lot of growth and change - and the students are more than ready for Chaparral High School.

Cocopah Middle School 4

Posted November 10, 2013
We are new to the school district and have been very impressed with Cocopah. Our kids are thriving despite an incident early in the year with my daughter being bullied. We brought the situation to the attention of her counselor and it was handled immediately. I was very impressed with the responsiveness and support my daughter received. As for the teacher quality, I have had little interaction with the teachers so it's hard for me to judge and give 5 stars. However, my kids have both made Principal's List, so other than the expectation we place on them to work hard and do well, they seem to be getting pretty decent instruction. Additionally, both my son and daughter have their favorite teachers who they would rate 5 stars. The leadership is solid and I've been impressed by the activities held at school like the Halloween dance and the carnival. Kids seemed to be having a great time and it's a terrific way students to interact with teachers and staff outside of class and regular school hours. Overall, I think the staff and teachers do a great job helping the students be successful at Cocopah.

Posted October 22, 2013
I have a 7th grader at Cocopah Middle School and highly recommend the school. The teachers are caring, know their subject material and communicate well with the parents. The administration also is responsive, welcoming and inviting. From the time you walk in the door at Cocopah and are greeted by the receptionist to the time you leave you will feel like a valuable and that your student is getting the highest level of education. The teachers are well trained, there are many parents involved in the Parent Teacher group and there are many ways to get involved. Cocopah is a wonderful school and I highly recommend it.

Posted September 26, 2013
I go to Cocopah and I am an eighth grader. My family is not very wealthy - middle class, this is compared to the majority at cocopah. I have lots of friends and I have seen a little bIt of bullying but never to me, the teachers are ok I guess and the new campus is really nice, my school could improve by staff recognizing bullying and solving that problem, if your child has had bullying in the past don't send him/her here. It is really easy to make friends here if you are athletic, we are very into sports at cocopah. I hope this review helped, it was my honest opinion.

Posted September 09, 2013
New, state of the art campus. Excellent facilities and above average teachers. Great Principal, Vice Principal and staff. School pride is everywhere.

Posted May 27, 2013
Cocopah Middle School is about kids. They provide many opportunities for students to achieve both academically and socially.

Posted May 02, 2013
I have moved all 4 of my kids out of the PV district to Cocopah and all of them have loved the experience there. The teachers and staff are a great family committed to the well being and education of the children. Maybe a few slip through the cracks, but it because they don't let anyone know or have a difficult life at home. Some of the comments would lead one to believe that a child would commit suicide because of a school! This is the real world and it comes with all types of people. It's in the home where a parent and child can interact about the mean kids or where he fits in or how to respond. Self esteem is gained from the inside and I feel is nurtured between parent and teacher. Cocopah is where it happens. It is great preparation for the real deal, High School! There is no such thing as a school with absolutely no bullying. It is everywhere and fortunately is stopped most of the time at Cocopah, but HS is fierce and the real world is worse. So lets stop blaming schools, teachers, staff, etc. and take responsibility for nuturing the self-esteem of our children and prepare them for life!!

Cocopah Middle School 3

Posted May 02, 2013
The bottom line is that if your child is " popular" in middle school, you and your child love it. If your child is not "popular", than you and your child will most likely have a negative experience. I have found most of the parents of "popular" children love it and are clueless because their child likes school. But if you have a child that is struggling, it's a whole different story. Middle school, high school, it's all a popularity contest. It is particularly difficult in this demographic as the majority of these kiddos are from wealthy families, which contributes to their entitled attitudes. And they learn it from their parents most of the time, as I feel the parents have a popularity contest as well. I have one in high school now and he likes it, but I would not put my youngest into Cocopah. She will skip the "weak link".

Cocopah Middle School 1

Posted May 01, 2013
Horrible School... Worst experience a parent could imagine their child going thru.... Cruel spoiled intitled children uncaring teachers avoid this school like the plague.

Posted January 26, 2013
I work at this school as a paraeducator and I couldn't be more impressed by the wonderful atmosphere and attitude of the employees and the students. It's very homey to me, very welcoming. The students are open minded and kind. The employees are nice and helpful. There are a lot of awareness assemblies and clubs such as those for anti-bullying, being kind, Purple Society, etc. I'm proud to be a Mustang.

Cocopah Middle School
6615 E. Cholla St., Scottsdale, AZ  85254
Last modified Cocopah Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cocopah Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 79 reviews. Top