Scottsdale, AZ

Posted April 30, 2014
I went to this school for four years and graduated with honors. This school was amazing, as were the teachers that taught me. I didn't see what the other reviewers were referring to, because when I went there, the teachers motivated me, especially when I did poorly on a test. Before this school, I had never thought about doing any honors classes or getting involved in my community by joining the Key Club, and NHS. This school showed me that sports can be fun, and a great motivator to stay on top of your grades. By joining a sport, I was able to make a family within school where I felt safe and welcome. Coronado High School was, and is, a great school, and I'm glad it's the high school I got to attend.

Posted November 29, 2013
This school is terrific I've been going here for 4years and graduating This year. The teachers are wonderful and help when needed. There are many Clubs and after school activities for everyone. Go Dons

Posted August 27, 2013
Great school! Teachers are great and help when is needed. Teachers treat you with respect and also care if something is going on outside of school. I graduated 2011 and I can say I have had the best memories at this school. Go Dons!!

Posted May 29, 2013
This school exceeded my expectations, the teachers were caring and compassionate and genuinely wanted my child to succeed. My daughter attended this high school and recieved a full ride scholarship to university and is now a medical doctor. Go dons!

Posted September 17, 2012
Attending parent night should have been an indicator of why this school is doing so poorly considering it's extensive makeover and proclamation that this is a school in "Scottsdale". There were more staff than parents there so no wonder the staff aren't as invested as they should be. The sense I received from being on campus is that the staff are collecting a paycheck. The front office frowns and grumbles and my assessment is they avoid eye contact, for fear they might engage someone that wants them to work. I have given all of my child's teachers my e-mail address, practically begged them to call me if they see any troubling signs. So how can my child sit in a class everyday and do nothing and not a single e-mail. Skilled professionals. A great environment for success. I don't think so. I know test results aren't everything, but take a look folks. There are many schools with far tougher socioeconomic challenges that have excelled in spite of those challenges. It's a C rated school for a reason.

Posted December 08, 2011
Arizona doesn't have much to offer in its secondary educational facilities & Coronado takes 1st prize on being the most atrocious High Schools in the Scottsdale Unified School district. The teachers don't care much about the students education which in turn doesn't motivate the students in their academics. The cirriculum obviously needs to be revised when a teacher has over half of the class fail the subject. This is just one example of many complaints, but I don't just blame these neglegence on this educational facility, I also blame it on the community for not putting more emphasis on bettering their children's education!

Posted August 16, 2010
Have you ever seen the movie The Pregnancy Pact if not I would highly suggest watching it before thinking about enrolling your student here. I would love to share my whole review but it seems there is a limited about of space.

Posted June 15, 2010
Coronado H.S. is one of the best schools in the district. I am very pleased with my child's performance. I can see that the teachers strive to push my student to full potential. Every week, I hear my son coming home from school telling me that he loves the school. I highly recommend this school to anyone!

Coronado High School 0

Posted August 31, 2009
Great school, staff and neighborhood values! Like an extended family. (If you didn't like this school, more is amiss than just the school)

Coronado High School 0

Posted August 30, 2009
Excellent school and staff. I'm really satisfied with the school. Go Dons!

Coronado High School
7501 E. Virginia Avenue, Scottsdale, AZ  85257
Last modified Coronado High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coronado High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top