Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 23, 2016
The staff is condescending to the students, treating them like lesser humans. Not all the staff, just most of the administration,

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 23, 2016
Good teachers, terrible staff. Teachers want you to excel, the staff in the office seem like they only want failure and with the schools rating, it seems like they are succeeding.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2016
I tried to explain to Halefine that i was working very hard in my classes and I would hate to be taken off track for something so minute. But he insisted that I be kicked out of school for spending my free time lifting weights.

Coronado High School 4

Posted January 06, 2016
A 3?? Helps me put things in perspective as my husband and I search for homes in Westchester NY, lol. We have been agonizing over 8 vs 9 vs 10. I went to Coronado High school and loved it, after high school I got a scholarship to a private university in California. Those test scores reflect an enormous and heterogeneous student body, not all of whom are college-bound. So proud to be a Don, I am class of 93.

Posted April 30, 2014
I went to this school for four years and graduated with honors. This school was amazing, as were the teachers that taught me. I didn't see what the other reviewers were referring to, because when I went there, the teachers motivated me, especially when I did poorly on a test. Before this school, I had never thought about doing any honors classes or getting involved in my community by joining the Key Club, and NHS. This school showed me that sports can be fun, and a great motivator to stay on top of your grades. By joining a sport, I was able to make a family within school where I felt safe and welcome. Coronado High School was, and is, a great school, and I'm glad it's the high school I got to attend.

Posted November 29, 2013
This school is terrific I've been going here for 4years and graduating This year. The teachers are wonderful and help when needed. There are many Clubs and after school activities for everyone. Go Dons

Posted August 27, 2013
Great school! Teachers are great and help when is needed. Teachers treat you with respect and also care if something is going on outside of school. I graduated 2011 and I can say I have had the best memories at this school. Go Dons!!

Posted May 29, 2013
This school exceeded my expectations, the teachers were caring and compassionate and genuinely wanted my child to succeed. My daughter attended this high school and recieved a full ride scholarship to university and is now a medical doctor. Go dons!

Coronado High School 1

Posted September 17, 2012
Attending parent night should have been an indicator of why this school is doing so poorly considering it's extensive makeover and proclamation that this is a school in "Scottsdale". There were more staff than parents there so no wonder the staff aren't as invested as they should be. The sense I received from being on campus is that the staff are collecting a paycheck. The front office frowns and grumbles and my assessment is they avoid eye contact, for fear they might engage someone that wants them to work. I have given all of my child's teachers my e-mail address, practically begged them to call me if they see any troubling signs. So how can my child sit in a class everyday and do nothing and not a single e-mail. Skilled professionals. A great environment for success. I don't think so. I know test results aren't everything, but take a look folks. There are many schools with far tougher socioeconomic challenges that have excelled in spite of those challenges. It's a C rated school for a reason.

Coronado High School 1

Posted December 08, 2011
Arizona doesn't have much to offer in its secondary educational facilities & Coronado takes 1st prize on being the most atrocious High Schools in the Scottsdale Unified School district. The teachers don't care much about the students education which in turn doesn't motivate the students in their academics. The cirriculum obviously needs to be revised when a teacher has over half of the class fail the subject. This is just one example of many complaints, but I don't just blame these neglegence on this educational facility, I also blame it on the community for not putting more emphasis on bettering their children's education!

7501 East Virginia Ave, Scottsdale, AZ  85257
Last modified Coronado High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.