Posted April 02, 2015
Our daughter is in first grade at SCDS and we have many wonderful things to say about the school! The administration is well on top of everything that goes on at the school and is always striving for excellence. The headmaster knows each and every student and doesn't hide in his office. He's always around the students staying involved and is very easy to approach. Communication we believe is essential, something our child's last school lacked and SCDS does an excellent job communicating updates with parents and following up on any matter or question. Our daughter's Galileo test scores have gone up considerably each quarter and so we feel that her teacher takes pride in her job and her students and wants to see them succeed-not just 'do' the lesson plan. Our daughter likes to go to school and enjoys the extra specials that SCDS has made available like PE, Art, Music, Spanish, Gardening, field trips etc. Many of these programs have been cut back in the public schools, so we are fortunate that SCDS can offer a well rounded curriculum. Overall, our daughter is confident, happy and thriving and so we would recommend this school to any parent.

Posted March 04, 2015
Our Girls were enrolled at MME before they attended SCDS. We have noticed the difference over this past year how much faster they learn. At their previous school they would come home with massive packets of homework and the school expected the parents to help teach a lot of the work. At SCDS they set goals at the beginning of the school year with you and ask you what you would like to get out of the school year for your kids. So far we have had a great experience. The kids come home with their homework but they understand the work since the teachers spend so much time with them in class going over the work. As parents our " home teaching" job has become less stressful as we only have to review the homework with our kids now. This school was recommended to us by friends who's daughter when to MME with our girls before and the experience has been exactly what they described to us. I would recommend SCDS to anybody. The staff are very professional and the principal is very involved with the kids. They communicate very effectively with the parents about the kids' needs and areas of improvement. It is a great team effort.

Posted January 06, 2015
We have a son in kindergarten and a son in 2nd grade. Both are with the same teacher that they had last year as the school allows teachers to loop. This consistency in teachers has really helped my boys flourish. Although parent participation at the school could be better, I realize everything does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. My wife and I appreciate all the great things that SCDS offers such as Spanish, art, music, and P.E. classes, amazing teachers, and small class sizes! The school leaders and teachers work very hard to make sure my children are able to learn without being disrupted from children who are misbehaving. Misbehaving and disruptive students do not fit well at this school. As a small charter school (120 students total I think), we could not be happier with SCDS and feel very fortunate to have our children at this school. Thank you!

Posted January 06, 2015
Our daughter loves SCDS. She is shy and was nervous about switching mid year from a different charter school. It couldn't have been an easier transition. We are in our second year at SCDS. Her teacher, actually all the teachers we have had contact with, are caring and provide challenging academics. It is obvious that the teachers enjoy working at SCDS and receive the education and support that they need. Students are polite and well behaved. I appreciate how I can talk to someone, email, or find necessary information on a secure class website. The administration is dedicated to helping the students succeed yet flexible enough to make changes when needed to make the school even better.

Scottsdale Country Day School 1

Posted January 05, 2015
Big disappointment! Not a good experience at all. Big turn around with teachers. Non experienced teachers. Bully, goes on continuously. Very little parent participation. Not well managed school. Little communication with teacher. I would advise to look elsewhere with all the good schools in Scottsdale.
7 people found this helpful

Posted September 27, 2014
This school is without a doubt the best! My second grade son has transformed from lack of confidence to extremely confident - he has a fantastic teacher (who was also his first grade teacher at this school.) His academic skills and levels are so heartwarming and great...Ms. Megan is the most amazing teacher and person - I have no worries, whatsoever, when I leave my son there in morning - I have smiles knowing that he is in the best hands, and that he has made amazing friends. He wakes up every morning excited and happy to go to school - cannot ask for more that that!

Posted September 19, 2014
SCDS is a great school. My child came from a district school and was behind. The headmaster and teacher with our son at school but even more importantly they guide us on how to help our son progress at home. It is a team effort and the hard work is paying off. I am proud of our son and respect that the school makes parents just as accountable as the teachers.

Posted September 19, 2014
Our previous school closed down with short notice. We were fortunate to find SCDS and they welcomed us and many other families from the same school. The entire team made the transition so easy and put us at ease. The students are kind, respectful, and it shows they are there to learn. I only wish we found SCDS sooner.

Scottsdale Country Day School 1

Posted September 13, 2014
I am a very involved parent! This school is not a Great school but a TERRIBLE school. The teacher turn over is extremely high! The proof is in the school report card at Arizona Dept of education grade C. The husband and wife team makes up different rules as they go... All children are not "equal"... Just because they offer small class sizes DOES NOT mean your child will get an education... Once you remove your child from this school you will see how far behind they are!! Keep away!!!
5 people found this helpful

Posted June 29, 2014
We are so happy to have SCDS in our lives. Each child is given extra attention throughout the week and this applies to excelling g students as well. The focus if the school is small class sizes, caring teachers, and a small community where great relationships are formed. Our children are currently on vacation and have been for the last 4 weeks but constantly Tj about their teachers and friends at SCDS which to hear as a parent is so warming. The homework is very reasonable, not hours and hours like other schools we considered. This allows our children to have lives beyond school and not be stressed all the time. We love the balance that SCDS provides our family and can't thank the teachers and admin staff enough!

Scottsdale Country Day School
10460 N. 56th St., Scottsdale, AZ  85253
Last modified Scottsdale Country Day School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6
Scottsdale Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top