Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Experienced team with high expectations for students without sacrificing relationships that are formed between teachers and students.

Posted November 18, 2015
Great teachers and administration. Challenging curriculum yet well rounded education. I can be involved in activities when I have time and not pressured to do so.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 07, 2015
Teachers work closely with students to challenge them and become successful. Students are encouraged to develop academic skills.

Posted September 29, 2015
I couldn't be happier with the teachers and school. Scottsdale Country Day School does not have bullying issues which my child's previous school had. My child's teacher has been with SCDS for 4 years which really shows in her passion and dedication for the school. The administration are accessible and always willing to go above and beyond to help students and parents. There is a very active PTO which put on great events for the students and families to be a part of. I love that my child gets weekly lessons in music, art, P.E, Spanish. Ipads and Chromebooks are also great technology aspects of the school. I have seen some great strides been made by my child after only 2 months of school. We just wish we had found SCDS sooner than this year. Thank you for all that you do for our family!

Scottsdale Country Day School 1

Posted September 25, 2015
Terrible experience at this school. Too much "bulling" with no action by administration. Inexperienced teachers at school. My child learned more about his teacher's live in boyfriend than academics. We were sold on a bill of goods that were not delivered. I would advise to look elsewhere for good education.

Posted August 19, 2015
SCDS is so amazing, school has barely begun and I have seen a huge change in my son. He dreaded going to school! We've had a pretty serious bullying issue that just got worse. I decided to pull him out of the school. It's devastating having to watch your child go thru that. SCDS has a zero tollerence bullying policy. He was so excited to be going to a new school and have a fresh start. His self respect, confidence and self esteem is higher than I have seen in a long time. SCDS is doing wonders for him. I am SO grateful to the staff for taking the matter very seriously and I left confident that my son was in good hands. There were 40 children in my sons class last year and 1 teacher. If you didn't understand there was no individual instruction, they just got lost and fell behind. My son gets all of the one on one time he needs with his teacher. It is very easy to be and stay involved. Everything has structure and is very organized. This school RULES! I would highly recommend this school to anybody that wants their child to thrive in school. My son looks forward to going to school everyday and comes home with a smile on his face :)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 17, 2015
The teachers are very respectful and teach the students how to be great citizens. Students are accountable for completing their work and know the expectations. The teachers and administration work very hard to help each student achieve success. We couldn't be happier with SCDS and appreciate their staff every day. Our children love going to school and we are truly grateful for all the lessons they are taught - academic and social.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 02, 2015
The teachers talk down to the students. They think that they can do and say what they want, and the students can't talk back to them. They are complete and total bullies. The students don't respect them because they are so afraid of them.

Posted May 17, 2015
SCDS is a lovely school whose administration and teaching staff are of the highest quality. They all truly care about each of the students and provide an excellent environment and education. I take great comfort in knowing that my daughter is thriving under their tutelage. If you're looking for a school with a smaller student-to-teacher ratio, an excellent curriculum, highly qualified and loving teachers, and an administration that is visible, communicative, kind, and involved, then this is the school for you.

Posted April 02, 2015
Our daughter is in first grade at SCDS and we have many wonderful things to say about the school! The administration is well on top of everything that goes on at the school and is always striving for excellence. The headmaster knows each and every student and doesn't hide in his office. He's always around the students staying involved and is very easy to approach. Communication we believe is essential, something our child's last school lacked and SCDS does an excellent job communicating updates with parents and following up on any matter or question. Our daughter's Galileo test scores have gone up considerably each quarter and so we feel that her teacher takes pride in her job and her students and wants to see them succeed-not just 'do' the lesson plan. Our daughter likes to go to school and enjoys the extra specials that SCDS has made available like PE, Art, Music, Spanish, Gardening, field trips etc. Many of these programs have been cut back in the public schools, so we are fortunate that SCDS can offer a well rounded curriculum. Overall, our daughter is confident, happy and thriving and so we would recommend this school to any parent.

10460 N. 56th St., Scottsdale, AZ  85253
Last modified Scottsdale Country Day School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scottsdale Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top