Public charter
Scottsdale, AZ

Posted June 05, 2014
We just finished our second year there, and it's been all I had hoped for plus some. Aside from the obvious benefits of small class sizes, great teachers, and good testing scores, this school's spirit and the attitudes of the entire staff has created a sense of community that I wasn't expecting. My child is only going into the second grade, and I get emotional about him leaving this awesome school after 4th grade. I'm hoping that we add a few years so he won't have to.

Posted January 22, 2014
The best school ever!!! My second grader has Mrs. Thornton and she has changed my child s outlook on school, education, and the entire learning process. Mrs. Thornton is always calm, super sweet, has the respect of the children in the class, and speaks so nicely to all the children. It is rare that you find a teacher who is the package deal like her. Not only are Mrs. Thornton s lesson plans well thought out for second grade, they challenge the children and make the kids think beyond the second grade level. It is hard to explain in words but it seems like the entire day just flows perfectly. A million thanks for the teachers at AASC for all their outstanding work! I can t wait for the days and years ahead.

Posted September 16, 2013
We are so happy that we made the switch from an overcrowded public school to this amazing school. We thought our kids were happy at the public school but looking back they were miserable and did not know how to tell us. Everyday at the public school it was a battle over doing homework and even getting them up to go to school. At Arts Academy, my children are so excited to go to school everyday and are sad on the weekends. This school has a style of teaching that takes an ordinary lesson like blending sounds "Cr" and applying it to social studies, math, and science so all day the kids were learning the blending sounds in all their subjects. It really gets these kids to apply the lesson(s) they are learning into everyday life. The academics are way above the public school and from what I can see so far it appears to be at least 6 months ahead of the public kids. I can say that we honestly found the school we had been looking for, my only regret is that we did not stop by earlier.

Posted May 19, 2013
We have really appreciated our first year at this school. We have kids in three different classes and feel fortunate that all three have excellent teachers. The school is small and friendly, there is a strong feeling of community and much pride among the parents for this well run place of learning. We spent a year at an over-populated public school, then moved to a quaint, but disorganized charter where the kids learned to feed the chickens but lost an academic year. At Arts Academy they are being brought up to speed and given personalized learning. The teachers and principle are always available to talk, and they focus on solutions. I have always wished that my kids would be lucky enough to have memorable teachers who teach unforgettable lessons. This year, they do.

Posted February 25, 2013
I rate this school 5 stars and beyond! I transferred my daughter here after an incident at another and we were admitted by Ms. Lisa right there and then. My daughter excelled here and have received a few awards. My daughter had Mrs. Daas as her teacher in 3rd Grade and she was excellent. Mr. B is an excellent principal - his kids are all well-behaved, and the parents are friendly. I hope Mr. B and Ms. Lisa are still around when my son gets to Kindergarten. We had, not only a positive experience, but a memorable one at Arts Academy.

Posted February 07, 2013
Arts Academy at Scottsdale is a great school. The teachers and staff are very caring and dedicated, the curriculum is tailored to the individual students and the school encourages active parental involvement. With the small class sizes and personal attention each student gets, the school offers all the benefits of a small private school but for FREE! My three children all started with Arts Academy in Kindergarten.Two graduated from AASC and now attend BASIS Scottsdale. They were extremely well prepared academically for the rigors of BASIS. AASC provided my kids with a great academic foundation and facilitated longstanding friendships for me and my kids.

Posted February 04, 2013
Both of my children have been through Arts Academy at Scottsdale, K thru 4th grade. My youngest is now in 4th grade and sadly it s our last year at this school. This school has meant so much to us as a family. It goes far beyond the great education. It s like a second home for our kids. My oldest, now in 7th grade at BASIS, loves to go back to visit everyone. She says, AASC is the best . We agree that we ve never seen any school like AASC. When a child goes through this school they become part of something special and build life-long friendships as well as life skills. It s the best school in Arizona, and not just because it s an excelling school. It is a school rich in history, rich in traditional values and pride . If you want your children to cherish their time in school send them to Arts Academy at Scottsdale.

Posted January 26, 2013
The best school by far! Very tight-knit community. Excellent education and lots of individual attention! So far we have been happy with all our teachers. School principal Mr B is wonderful and very caring towards the school and all the students. Most teachers, principal and amazing Ms Lisa (at front desk) have been a part of this school for many years. Our children love going to school and we love the fact that they are attending such a great school. Highly recomend it!

Posted January 26, 2013
Arts Academy at Scottsdale is a wonderful school where all 3 of my children have or are receiving a first class education in a small, nurturing environment. The teachers are outstanding and do well at meeting the needs of individual students whether they need extra help or more of a challenge. The teacher to student ratios are outstanding with small class sizes. Mr B makes it a point to know every student and family and really cares about each student. This school is a hidden gem where a private school education is offered at a public school price.

Posted January 25, 2013
My grandchildren couldn't be happier. Very nice, clean and just overall wonderful school. Teachers are absolutely amazing!

Plc Arts Academy At Scottsdale Inc.
, Scottsdale, AZ  85260
Last modified Plc Arts Academy At Scottsdale Inc. is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plc Arts Academy At Scottsdale Inc. Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top