Bad
Good

Aasc at Scottsdale is a great place for kids! They feel safe, have fun, learn a lot, and make friends. What else can a parent ask from a school? We have been here for 2 years and have witnessed an impressive growth in our child. He loves to go to school, has learned a ton and is very happy. The faculty and administrative staff are experienced, professional, and very nice. Great communication with teachers, open to differentiate and will do anything to provide your child with the best options to grow. Good curriculum, integrated activities, and field trips. Excellent school. Really hope middle school will happen!

This is my son's 6th and final year at AASC. What I have liked most about the school is the small student-teacher ratios and the hands-on education that he has received. There is also a huge sense of community at the school - it is a village helping to raise our children. The principal and his right-hand gal know every child's name and most of the teachers do as well. We will be sad to leave at the end of the year but know that our son is fully prepared to tackle middle school and life.

Loved KG with McAvoy! Unfortunately she is no longer at AASC. Big turn around with teachers. Principal is not interactive at all with parents or students. Very uncomfortable to be around. Limited on size of campus. Every teacher has own method, so not uniform as kids move up to next grade. No follow thru on disrupted students. Although, there are a few really good teachers at school.

We just finished our second year there, and it's been all I had hoped for plus some. Aside from the obvious benefits of small class sizes, great teachers, and good testing scores, this school's spirit and the attitudes of the entire staff has created a sense of community that I wasn't expecting. My child is only going into the second grade, and I get emotional about him leaving this awesome school after 4th grade. I'm hoping that we add a few years so he won't have to.

The best school ever!!! My second grader has Mrs. Thornton and she has changed my child s outlook on school, education, and the entire learning process. Mrs. Thornton is always calm, super sweet, has the respect of the children in the class, and speaks so nicely to all the children. It is rare that you find a teacher who is the package deal like her. Not only are Mrs. Thornton s lesson plans well thought out for second grade, they challenge the children and make the kids think beyond the second grade level. It is hard to explain in words but it seems like the entire day just flows perfectly. A million thanks for the teachers at AASC for all their outstanding work! I can t wait for the days and years ahead.

We are so happy that we made the switch from an overcrowded public school to this amazing school. We thought our kids were happy at the public school but looking back they were miserable and did not know how to tell us. Everyday at the public school it was a battle over doing homework and even getting them up to go to school. At Arts Academy, my children are so excited to go to school everyday and are sad on the weekends. This school has a style of teaching that takes an ordinary lesson like blending sounds "Cr" and applying it to social studies, math, and science so all day the kids were learning the blending sounds in all their subjects. It really gets these kids to apply the lesson(s) they are learning into everyday life. The academics are way above the public school and from what I can see so far it appears to be at least 6 months ahead of the public kids. I can say that we honestly found the school we had been looking for, my only regret is that we did not stop by earlier.

We have really appreciated our first year at this school. We have kids in three different classes and feel fortunate that all three have excellent teachers. The school is small and friendly, there is a strong feeling of community and much pride among the parents for this well run place of learning. We spent a year at an over-populated public school, then moved to a quaint, but disorganized charter where the kids learned to feed the chickens but lost an academic year. At Arts Academy they are being brought up to speed and given personalized learning. The teachers and principle are always available to talk, and they focus on solutions. I have always wished that my kids would be lucky enough to have memorable teachers who teach unforgettable lessons. This year, they do.

I rate this school 5 stars and beyond! I transferred my daughter here after an incident at another and we were admitted by Ms. Lisa right there and then. My daughter excelled here and have received a few awards. My daughter had Mrs. Daas as her teacher in 3rd Grade and she was excellent. Mr. B is an excellent principal - his kids are all well-behaved, and the parents are friendly. I hope Mr. B and Ms. Lisa are still around when my son gets to Kindergarten. We had, not only a positive experience, but a memorable one at Arts Academy.

Arts Academy at Scottsdale is a great school. The teachers and staff are very caring and dedicated, the curriculum is tailored to the individual students and the school encourages active parental involvement. With the small class sizes and personal attention each student gets, the school offers all the benefits of a small private school but for FREE! My three children all started with Arts Academy in Kindergarten.Two graduated from AASC and now attend BASIS Scottsdale. They were extremely well prepared academically for the rigors of BASIS. AASC provided my kids with a great academic foundation and facilitated longstanding friendships for me and my kids.

Both of my children have been through Arts Academy at Scottsdale, K thru 4th grade. My youngest is now in 4th grade and sadly it s our last year at this school. This school has meant so much to us as a family. It goes far beyond the great education. It s like a second home for our kids. My oldest, now in 7th grade at BASIS, loves to go back to visit everyone. She says, AASC is the best . We agree that we ve never seen any school like AASC. When a child goes through this school they become part of something special and build life-long friendships as well as life skills. It s the best school in Arizona, and not just because it s an excelling school. It is a school rich in history, rich in traditional values and pride . If you want your children to cherish their time in school send them to Arts Academy at Scottsdale.

Last modified Plc Arts Academy At Scottsdale  Inc. is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.