Public charter
Scottsdale, AZ

Freedom Academy North 1

Posted September 27, 2014
FA is okay for a Christian school. If you are not of their mind set, do not expect much. We have moved on.

Freedom Academy North 2

Posted August 29, 2014
We have had our two boys at this school for the 4 years and the school in the beginning was great great administrator and great teachers, but the main administrator that over sees both campuses is a problem. She is worried about the bottom way more than she is about the kids. She continues to beat the parents over the head about funding and donations. They keep losing the good teachers and have now lost the good administrator that North had. The kids have no sense of school because the turn over rate is more than your local McDonald's. We are very sad that a very good school has gone so far down hill

Posted April 29, 2014
FABULOUS SCHOOL!!! The class size is smaller than most schools out there, allowing the kids to actually learn. Our daughter is in First grade and is reading books that I read in 5th grade. They take spelling and math tests every week and the principal is very involved. The playground is nonexistent, and they still get the kids out to play. Love it!

Posted April 22, 2014
Freedom Academy North is the best school I've ever worked at! The teachers are great. The principal is fabulous, kind, caring, fair and a great role model. The families/kids are fantastic. There is lots of involvement and a real sense of community! I love this school!

Posted April 19, 2014
This is a wonderful school we are so pleased with the teachers and the principle everyone goes out of their way to help better your child everyone looks out for one another I wouldn't want my child in any other school but this one.

Freedom Academy North 4

Posted April 19, 2014
FAN has been a blessing for us! The teachers, principal and staff have been supportive and helpful in regards to balancing our son's education and unique medical/educational needs. He is challenged but also has the appropriate supports put into place so that he is successful as long as he is responsible and works hard.

Posted April 18, 2014
We enrolled both of our daughters in Freedom Academy after overcrowded public school classrooms severely affected their enjoyment of the school day and the quality of the education they were receiving. Both girls regularly came home frustrated and disappointed with the lack of attention from teachers when they had questions and the disfunction of the classroom. Within a week of arriving at the north campus, our girls were transformed. The class sizes are normal and allow the teachers to spend the proper amount of time to really know their kids. And the expectations of the students to mind, learn, contribute, and be good to each other promotes a positive and healthy environment. Our daughters couldn't be happier with the entire experience. The whole family has benefited from their enrollment in Freedom Academy.

Freedom Academy North 2

Posted April 18, 2014
Freedom Academy North has been a great place for my boys. One graduated two years ago, my other will graduate this year. We have been here since the school launched. I will be forever grateful to Barbara Guenther. What an amazing leader she is. She not only Cares about student academics, but she sincerely cares about the student and their families. One thing I love is small class sizes. The teachers have more one on one time with their students. Freedom Academy North Is a wonderful school and I will miss my children being a part of this amazing school.

Posted April 18, 2014
FAN is an incredible school with caring staff. I bought my new house close to this school because I loved it so much and knew my four children will be there for a while. My oldest, in HS now, was above his other classmates in 9th grade. He immediately entered advanced classes because of the standards at FAN.

Posted April 18, 2014
FAN has been a fantastic school for my child. I took my son out of public school due to grades and the public schools unwillingness to hold him back a grade, although his grades proved he needed to be held back. I enrolled him in FAN and over the last 3 years have proved to provide him with amazing teachers and his grades have never been better. I am so thankful for the FAN principal and staff. They have helped my child improve 10 fold!

Freedom Academy North
28700 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ  85266
Last modified Freedom Academy North is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Academy North Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top