Scottsdale, AZ

Hohokam Traditional School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 09, 2015
I truly appreciated the experience at Hohokam Traditional Elementary School and held it as a special place within the district while under the direction of the previous principal. However, under the direction of the new principal, I have seen significant turnover, teachers leaving or going on "leave," and only the teachers who seem "life-long teachers" of Hohokam remaining because they are committed to each other and the children/community at Hohokam. Their satisfaction and positivity has decreased as has the morale of the campus and this has been vocalized. I find this disappointing and unfortunate for the community at Hohokam and for my children. It seems that Mr. Rantala runs the school as more of as "business manager" micromanaging the building, and duty rotations doing rounds of check-ins, does not have the "people skills" needed to make his staff feel appreciated or build the relationships needed to have conversations and instead picks at his staff and creates a negative, awkward environment to be in. I am concerned at how many more good teachers he is going to drive out before something will be done and how much further the district is going to let the scores slip and how unhappy it will allow the staff to become before something will be done. It is a shame to be allowing something like this to be done to such a formerly pleasant school. My children will be attending a new district next school year.

Hohokam Traditional School 2

Posted June 09, 2015

Posted May 08, 2013
Phenomenal school. Wonderful grounds, lots of shade, nice playgrounds. The teachers are incredible (and I haven't seen any turnover) as are the administrators! Love that they are traditional in nature, have uniforms, consistent behavioral standards across campus to keep the focus on the learning. Am so happy we chose Hohokam as our school. The kids love it here!

Posted January 30, 2012
WOW! The accolades keep pouring in for Hohokam! Congrats to our principal on being named Rodel Principal of the year for the state of Arizona! This is an amazing award for our community to receive!

Posted October 14, 2011
Congratulations to Hohokam for being named an "A" school. The students who attend Hohokam are truly receiving a first-rate education. The teachers and principal care about the success of each and every child. I wouldn't send my child to any other school.

Posted October 07, 2011
My son has been going to Hohokam since Pre-K and has been excelling ever since. However reflecting back the past 8 weeks since he has started Kindagarten, he has progressed soo quickly. I am soo impressed, he is reading and writing and always comes home with a smile on his face. I dont understand why this school doesnt have a higher rating. Always clean,professional,friendly, I really cannot say enough about this school. Good work staff at Hohokam!!!

Posted September 28, 2010
I have two children attending Hohokam and they absolutely love school. The Principal, Mr. Caudle, is always present on campus, interacting with the students and parents. Most mornings he is welcoming the students as they arrive at school. I have even seen Mr. Caudle at the crosswalks greeting students and helping them to school. The teachers are very dedicated and are always available to parents. The technology available at Hohokam is top of the line and each classroom is equipped with laptop computers as well as smartboards. Both of my children are excelling in their schoolwork and I am so proud to say they attend Hohokam Traditional School.

Posted September 15, 2010
The technology in use at Hohokam is amazing. Students are engaged and being well prepared for the 21st century. Expectations for all students are high. Most importantly, however, is the caring staff and administration. It is obvious that everyone at Hohokam believes in the future of every child.

Posted September 15, 2010
The staff at Hohokam are so wonderful to work with and the Teachers are great!!!

Posted July 08, 2009
I am so pleased with the staff my children have been lucky to have, the wonderful office staff - go Ms. Perez and Ms. Edmundson, and administration! I love the opportunity to have our monthly coffee talk with Principal Caudle. I am a firm supporter of attending your neighborhood school and know ALL parents must be involved with their child's educational successes and challenges. Mr. Brown did an awesome job as the school's parent involvement president - we will miss his exciting meetings! If you live in the area, I HIGHLY recommend you enroll your student(s) at Hohokam.

Hohokam Traditional School
8451 E. Oak Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85257
Last modified Hohokam Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hohokam Traditional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top