Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I was so scared they were going to try to kick my son out for being behind and needing so much help.... Instead they have given him resources and are helping him get caught up. He is now happy, LOVES school and his teachers. He now wants to learn... that's priceless!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

His teachers are AMAZING!!!!! No nonsense, won't let him get away with anything and he LOVES them! They never give up on him and he is progressing very well.

Amount of homework: Agree

A decent amount of homework... it has forced me to take a more hands on approach to my son's education and has made me into a better mom. By the time my son is done with this school he'll be very prepared.

This is my son's first year at Hohokam. I am shocked and have come home crying several times from all the love and support I have received from this school!!! The school he attended last year for kinder wasn't academically proficient & would not help me with speech therapy because he wasn't "the worst". He has ADD/ADHD and was developing a low self esteem. This year in 1st grade he started out VERY behind in Hohokam (very high on academics). Within the first two months his teacher, Mrs Valencia; got him signed up for reading assistance, he is now getting speech therapy, his self confidence has improved, he's carrying books around everywhere!!! Instead of taking a negative approach they are fighting for him to get caught up and receive the best education possible. The office staff is so warm and loving you can feel it in your core.... They told me that it takes a village... I haven't come across one person that isn't amazing!!! They've even done 2 fundraisers to help a single mom who was in a horrific car accident & another family that had a house fire! I've never experienced anything like this. THANK YOU HOHOKAM!!!

My two sons and my daughter have gone to hohokam. It's a wonderful school. All my children always had good grades. When my children had a hard time with a subject,hohokam would give them extra help. The office staff are always sweet,kind and communicate well. Miss Judy, Miss Dianna, Miss Tracy, Miss Lilly, Miss Valatine .The best teachers are Mr. Mann, Mrs. Singleton,Mrs. Finan,Mrs. Matenes, Mrs. Saval, Mr. Alberts, Mrs. Tardy, Mrs. Rogers,Mrs. Yazman, Mrs. Barbosa. The only thing is Hohokam can do better in the principal. I really don't care for Mr. RANTALA, he's to business like for a traditional school. Keep up the good work Hohokam. From the Fair famiy.

As a parent, I would not send my kids to any other school than Hohokam Traditional School. My family has been involved with Hohokam going on 10 years now. My son started here when Chad Caudle started as principal in 2007. We instantly fell in love with the teachers, staff and administration. The school achieved an "A" rating under his guidance. Chuch Rantala took over in 2014 and has helped Hohokam achieve an "A+ School of Excellence" award. I have seen teachers move on to be assistant principals, higher grade teaching, retire, and move to different states. Mr. Rantala has never made a negative or unhappy environment . I love the school to the point that I have become a parent volunteer (gate duty) and Robotics Coach. Hohokam is simply the unsung jewel of the district.

Develops character: Neutral

I truly appreciated the experience at Hohokam Traditional Elementary School and held it as a special place within the district while under the direction of the previous principal. However, under the direction of the new principal, I have seen significant turnover, teachers leaving or going on "leave," and only the teachers who seem "life-long teachers" of Hohokam remaining because they are committed to each other and the children/community at Hohokam. Their satisfaction and positivity has decreased as has the morale of the campus and this has been vocalized. I find this disappointing and unfortunate for the community at Hohokam and for my children. It seems that Mr. Rantala runs the school as more of as "business manager" micromanaging the building, and duty rotations doing rounds of check-ins, does not have the "people skills" needed to make his staff feel appreciated or build the relationships needed to have conversations and instead picks at his staff and creates a negative, awkward environment to be in. I am concerned at how many more good teachers he is going to drive out before something will be done and how much further the district is going to let the scores slip and how unhappy it will allow the staff to become before something will be done. It is a shame to be allowing something like this to be done to such a formerly pleasant school. My children will be attending a new district next school year.

Phenomenal school. Wonderful grounds, lots of shade, nice playgrounds. The teachers are incredible (and I haven't seen any turnover) as are the administrators! Love that they are traditional in nature, have uniforms, consistent behavioral standards across campus to keep the focus on the learning. Am so happy we chose Hohokam as our school. The kids love it here!

WOW! The accolades keep pouring in for Hohokam! Congrats to our principal on being named Rodel Principal of the year for the state of Arizona! This is an amazing award for our community to receive!

Last modified Hohokam Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.