Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Laguna Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2016
My child's teacher is a poor communicator, unhelpful and condescending. There is no interest in teaming with parents for problem solving and student success. The administration is full of bureaucrats. Very disappointing experience. We are out of here at the end of this school year.

Posted April 27, 2015
We love our Laguna teachers and staff. We have one in the Early Learning Program and another in kinder. Our kids are learning stuff ahead of some of the private schools in the valley and I know their friendships made here will last a lifetime!

Posted April 27, 2015
We have been going to Laguna for 3 years and have at least 5 more years here! This is our home school and I found this school to be an excellent school for our area, it is rated A+++. As far as drop off & pick up times Laguna is an amazing Elementary! I love the staff at this school!!

Posted April 14, 2015
My 2nd grade son goes to Laguna and as a child I went there too. The teachers are amazing. The principal Dr. Root is connected to what the parents, children and teachers need. She takes every appointment and listens to suggestion. We are lucky to have Nurse Patty and Brenda and all the office staff. It is not surprise that this is a A+++ school. In the past the gifted program was not as strong but with the changes put into place next year I think this change.

Posted December 17, 2014
There are several great choices for schools in our community, but Laguna is the right fit for us. It has the feel of a community school right in the heart of Scottsdale Ranch. We appreciate the balance between academics and social activites. They do a great job of indroducing the K kids to the older kids, to create a good relationship for both of them. It is also a win win now that pre K is on site. Dr. Root the principal runs a good program and is fair and open yet tough as needed. We are very pleased with the school

Laguna Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2014
Ironic that 3 reviews are submitted on the same day the week after a huge fundraising effort was completed , laguna is very focused on money for the school more emphasis is projected to the students to carry this burden, when they should be learning they are dancing with hired marketing reps and taught how to ask for Money This school has strong parents who pave the path for everyone, it's not generally consensus driven weak quiet working parents fall back as do the kids who are not able to give money, it's publicly announced who gets the most and they are clearly rewarded, time and again. See posts from April 8 seems a bit planned An example of this are the Boys and Girls Robotics Teams in which of, "I can, I do; we can, we do." The emphasis on attaining a solid education through a rigorous reason for the 4-stars for parent involvement is that this community has a very high percentage of working parents with careers

Posted April 08, 2014
Laguna is an award-winning elementary school with a strong focus on science and math. The culture has an astonishingly healthy acceptance of gender-equality in education in which all kids simply are encouraged to be their best. An example of this are the Boys and Girls Robotics Teams in which participation and success is earned together without either gender group operating in a rivalry of superiority. Laguna fosters in all students an empowerment attitude of, "I can, I do; we can, we do." The emphasis on attaining a solid education through a rigorous curriculum is tempered with high-spirited, creative teaching methods and positive energy-building auxiliary events and programs. The only reason for the 4-stars for parent involvement is that this community has a very high percentage of working parents with careers that impede their participation. The upside is that parents connect with each other to stay in-tune with campus news, networking together to meet the needs of their kids and the school despite their restrictions to be more involved. Laguna is at its best when given a challenge.

Posted April 08, 2014
I am a parents of an autistic child. The team that Dr. Root has surround my son is fantastic. His home room teacher is a good communicator and is excited about her job. The LRC teachers and aides have been accommodating and challenging for him at the same time. As soon as we moved here last year, several PTO board members reached out and got me involved. Being an active parent has been rewarding and informative of many of the challenges SUSD faces in the current economic climate. I'd encourage any parent to get their children to Laguna.

Posted April 08, 2014
I have sent two children through Laguna and loved it! The staff and teachers are amazing. They make sure to always take care of the student and families, and have always looked ahead to the future of education. The environment is warm, caring and friendly. I love that they have art, music, science lab and computers. I think they are constantly changing to keep up with technology in the classroom.

Posted February 03, 2014
Outstanding. I feel so blessed to have moved here and have my child go to Laguna. From 2nd grade when we moved here to the last day of 5th grade my child had multiple opportunities to excel and shine! Every teacher, administrator and support person as well as a strong parent involvement community demonstrate on a daily basis how much they care by continually going the extra mile for their students. Programs such as WordMaster, Math Olympiad, spelling and geography bees, a drama, chorus and band and strings department as well make this a great school. Laguna is a happy place with a very knowledgable, caring and involved staff.

Laguna Elementary School
10475 E. Lakeview Dr., Scottsdale, AZ  85258
Last modified Laguna Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.