Scottsdale, AZ

Posted December 17, 2014
There are several great choices for schools in our community, but Laguna is the right fit for us. It has the feel of a community school right in the heart of Scottsdale Ranch. We appreciate the balance between academics and social activites. They do a great job of indroducing the K kids to the older kids, to create a good relationship for both of them. It is also a win win now that pre K is on site. Dr. Root the principal runs a good program and is fair and open yet tough as needed. We are very pleased with the school

Posted April 17, 2014
Ironic that 3 reviews are submitted on the same day the week after a huge fundraising effort was completed , laguna is very focused on money for the school more emphasis is projected to the students to carry this burden, when they should be learning they are dancing with hired marketing reps and taught how to ask for Money This school has strong parents who pave the path for everyone, it's not generally consensus driven weak quiet working parents fall back as do the kids who are not able to give money, it's publicly announced who gets the most and they are clearly rewarded, time and again. See posts from April 8 seems a bit planned An example of this are the Boys and Girls Robotics Teams in which of, "I can, I do; we can, we do." The emphasis on attaining a solid education through a rigorous reason for the 4-stars for parent involvement is that this community has a very high percentage of working parents with careers

Posted April 08, 2014
Laguna is an award-winning elementary school with a strong focus on science and math. The culture has an astonishingly healthy acceptance of gender-equality in education in which all kids simply are encouraged to be their best. An example of this are the Boys and Girls Robotics Teams in which participation and success is earned together without either gender group operating in a rivalry of superiority. Laguna fosters in all students an empowerment attitude of, "I can, I do; we can, we do." The emphasis on attaining a solid education through a rigorous curriculum is tempered with high-spirited, creative teaching methods and positive energy-building auxiliary events and programs. The only reason for the 4-stars for parent involvement is that this community has a very high percentage of working parents with careers that impede their participation. The upside is that parents connect with each other to stay in-tune with campus news, networking together to meet the needs of their kids and the school despite their restrictions to be more involved. Laguna is at its best when given a challenge.

Posted April 08, 2014
I am a parents of an autistic child. The team that Dr. Root has surround my son is fantastic. His home room teacher is a good communicator and is excited about her job. The LRC teachers and aides have been accommodating and challenging for him at the same time. As soon as we moved here last year, several PTO board members reached out and got me involved. Being an active parent has been rewarding and informative of many of the challenges SUSD faces in the current economic climate. I'd encourage any parent to get their children to Laguna.

Posted April 08, 2014
I have sent two children through Laguna and loved it! The staff and teachers are amazing. They make sure to always take care of the student and families, and have always looked ahead to the future of education. The environment is warm, caring and friendly. I love that they have art, music, science lab and computers. I think they are constantly changing to keep up with technology in the classroom.

Posted February 03, 2014
Outstanding. I feel so blessed to have moved here and have my child go to Laguna. From 2nd grade when we moved here to the last day of 5th grade my child had multiple opportunities to excel and shine! Every teacher, administrator and support person as well as a strong parent involvement community demonstrate on a daily basis how much they care by continually going the extra mile for their students. Programs such as WordMaster, Math Olympiad, spelling and geography bees, a drama, chorus and band and strings department as well make this a great school. Laguna is a happy place with a very knowledgable, caring and involved staff.

Laguna Elementary School 3

Posted November 05, 2013
Its a relaxed academic school that is fun but no challenging and won't do much to prepare the students. This seems to be the trend. Little to no homework and make up tests and make up homework on your schedule. Nice campus, teachers are sweet and school is a breeze.

Posted August 20, 2013
For the average student this school will suffice. If your child is "gifted" or requires "resource", please do your homework and look at other Districts. This school has gone down hill over the years and it's the teachers and students who have suffered. We switched schools, districts even, for our children and regret not doing so sooner. Take tours of other schools, ask many questions, look at the school grounds before making your decision....

Posted August 03, 2013
My son went to this school for kindergarten and had a horrible experience. The office staff is snooty not friendly. Hard to get into contact with principle. Student to kid ratio is high. My child would come home saying he wishes he was white with straight hair which had to do with bullying of his race. By the time we switched schools and completely moved he was behind and had to see private tutors to get caught up. He is entering the second grade now and is doing amazing thanks to Cerritos Elementary school in the Ahwatukee Foothills. It was like night in day from the moment we walked into the office at this school. Everyone had smiling faces and the teachers seemed to actually enjoy their job. At Laguna everything seemed like a burden. My neice also went to Laguna and had some trouble with a teacher there come to find out she got early retirement because she was just to out of it for her job. I just wanted to add a short note off my cell to let people know this school does not deserve an A+ rating.

Laguna Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
I just felt compelled to voice an opinion after reading such a misleading and untrue evaluation of Laguna Elem. in Scottsdale, Arizona. The school is an A++ school with an Administration, teachers, Support Staff, and parents that care! My 2 children love being educated here and have shown remarkable growth in their 3 years at laguna. I believe the individual that wrote the negative remark (I believe I know who she is) is nothing more than a disgruntled ex-employee....and still is holding a grudge because of losing her position. So sorry she did as she was good at the role she preformed, but to take it out on the school and staff is wrong. and to say the school is not clean...wow, what a misrepresentation! The school is extremely clean and kept that way, inside and outside of the rooms! Just go and take a tour yourself...there is nothing to hide except the obvious love for this school!

Laguna Elementary School
10475 E. Lakeview Dr., Scottsdale, AZ  85258
Last modified Laguna Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laguna Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top