Bad
Good

My 3 kids have attended this school since kindergarten. We never had a problem when Mr. Davis was the principal. My kids absolutely loved the school. Last year they took away all the good teachers and Mr. Davis and brought in a bunch of new teachers and a new principal, Mrs. Roberson. We were not happy at all! The teachers that all 3 of my kids got were not caring towards my kids and when I spoke to them I was treated rudely. One of the teachers told me my child was depressed, had ADD and too fat and needed to be put in special ed classes. This made me furious! My youngest was bringing home referrals weekly for things that were simply unheard of. Like running home from school or dripping his water bottle on the ground as he was walking home, etc. We decided to move districts completely. My kids are happier now then ever before and their grades are wonderful. Also, my child that liberty told me needed special ed classes has gotten an A on every paper and test so far and told me she is a wonderful student. So, good luck to you all.

My two children just started this year. My first impression was Meet the Teacher and I liked that Meet the Teacher had access to the classrooms and the ice cream social that was included. Our last PVUSD school had classrooms closed which resulted in jam-packed hallways and overall chaos. On the first day, the specials teachers were assisting with getting the kids where they needed to be and were super helpful. After school, the same teacher saw me wandering aimlessly and even volunteered to go find my kid (she remembered her from the morning) to tell her where to find me. Drop-off is seamless. Pick-up is decent, but could be better if children were more organized on where to stand. I'm not a fan of the 1-3 grade orientations all starting at the same time. I'm having to choose which orientation to go to, because they both start at 6pm on the same night. When I called the office, the admin responded: "I don't know what to tell you, we've split up 1-3 and 4-6 so it was worse last year." Not sure how that helps me. Anyway, overall I like the school and my kids are really enjoying it so I give it four stars.

Liberty is a wonderful school! The staff, teachers, and principal, Mrs. Roberson are incredible. Our child is challenged, engaged, learning so much, amazing us every day with the things he says and does....and also enjoys the experience and looks forward to school every day. We are in our 2nd year there, and very excited for our other child to be part of the Liberty family next year.

My daughter began attending Liberty after three years at Blessed Pope John XXIII in Scottsdale. I know it is odd going from a private to a public school but she was not receiving the level of support I would have expected based on bullying incidents. Not only did she successfully make the transition, she is thriving. The cirruculum is more difficult than a private school and she is challenged academically every day. She loves her teachers, her new friends and feels safe; everything a parent could ask for in a school. The staff have been incredibly supportive and we have regular communication with them. A great school.

My children are currently attending Liberty and they really love it. Their teachers are the best and are very attentive to their educational needs. Dr. Davis, our Principal, is leaving and we are very sadden by this news. However, we know that the parents and the outstanding teachers of this school will overcome this sad news and we know this school will remain at its top notch standing because of the parents and the teachers.

It was just announced that Dr. Davis is leaving Liberty for a new school near Desert Ridge next school year, which explains a lot. He's obviously been phoning it in all year, and the staff is politicking for the chance to move with him. His lack of dedication to the community he is leaving behind speaks volumes.

My children moved to Liberty last year and I could not be any more pleased or impressed with the experience they are having. Liberty brings together visionary leadership, caring teachers who are skilled in differentiating instruction, and a caring staff and community. An amazing school!

I attended Liberty from Kindergarten to 6th grade. I am now a Junior in high school and will never forget the memories I made there. Every child should be lucky enough to be a part of a school like Liberty Elementary. The teachers were superb, the field trips were so unique and exhilarating and the school itself was immaculate. I am so grateful to the Dr. C (former principal) and all the teachers for having a part in shaping the person I am today! I'll leave you with the assembly chant i'll never forget........ "We're from Liberty, couldn't be prouder...and if you don't believe us, we'll shout a little louder!"

My son has had a wonderful experience in Mrs. Wagner's pre-K class. It is an incredible program that has prepared him for Kindergarten in so many ways. I am so glad that we found the program. We like the school so much, we open enrolled him so he can continue there for Kindergarten.

I have a child in fifth grade and in Kndergarten and I could not be happier. My children are experiencing a healthy and supportive environment. The teachers are very helpful and honest. They love to share my children's strengths and help develop in weaker areas. I make sure to volunteer and all I ever see is enthusiastic children. Every child is encouraged to share. I also like the foundation of their 3 B's, Be Safe Be Respectful and Be Resposible. The children seem to respond and apply this. We have had some issues with aids on the playground, but I use these experiences to teach my children how to deal with authority. I am also impressed with the Administrative Staff, Lisa and Maryann, they deal with the children well and know EVERY child's name! Mr. Davis is well suited at Liberty, he is WONDERFUL with the children and the parents.

Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.