Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Mohave Middle School 4

Posted November 19, 2015
Really happy with this school! My son is in a special ed program called Social, Communication, Academic (or something like that - SCA is the initials). He is getting a lot more support than he's ever gotten before. The teachers and staff are awesome and they really seem to care about the kids.

Posted October 18, 2015
This is my son s first year at Mohavi and he is having really hard time with his home work.he need extra help but no one helping.its very hard for those parents which speak other languages. I m very worried about his education be cause he is falling behind.

Mohave Middle School 5

Posted April 28, 2015
Excellent school in an up and coming part of Scottsdale. Feeds into Saguaro High School which is top tier as well.

Posted February 17, 2015
I attended this school for both my 7th and 8th grade years. Before I came, the school was starting to fall apart and loosing its self confidence, falling to a C school. My first year was the first year of the new principal, who got the school up to a B. There are some good programs in effect, but the school is too proud of itself. There were some good teachers who wanted to have the students succeed, but some of those teachers transferred to other schools. Most of my teachers just...sucked. One of my teachers didnt even teach anything, he just talked to us about the "real world" all the time. I hope the school will not be so proud of itself, because it would be fine then. If you can, try to go to Cocopah or a charter school.

Posted October 29, 2014
At our daughters request she went to Mohave right out of Kiva. She has wonderful friends and she didn't want to be separated from them. After that first year, and again at her request, we went to a charter school, Great Hearts Cicero and now could not be happier. Mohave, in a word, Sucked. They try hard, and the principle seems like a good, albeit a bit disconnected, guy. The problem is that the teachers just cannot- and I cannot stress this enough- cannot deliver. She had 10 minutes of worthless homework at Mohave while at Cicero she now will come to me with a book in hand to share what she has just read while doing her work. It is like she has awoken, inspired by these teachers who are leagues above anything she has experience in the public schools. She was in the self directed gifted program at Mohave and it was so far below what she is doing now I have to just shake my head at the misnomer. If you are on the fence, and your kid is hungry for knowledge, you have to think twice about going here. On the positive there was no bullying and everyone was pretty nice to each other. To add another negative, and a big one, they do not have lockers. The bar is so low...

Mohave Middle School 5

Posted January 23, 2013
My granddaugther is attending Mohave Middle School since August 2012. She is in 7th grade, and I am VERY IMPRESSED with all six (6) of her teachers, the principal Mr. A., the school counselor Ms. M. - and last, but not least, Ms. B. at the office. Thank you.

Posted September 13, 2012
I am concerned about oversight and policies at Mohave when I found out that an entire class of 8th graders are playing M for Mature video games in the computer lab during school hours. Apparently, the teacher in charge of the lab is letting the students use the school computers while other students who need to use a computer for actual school work are essentially not allowed into the lab. I couldn't believe it when I heard about it, but anyone who has access should go in the lab during lunch hours and find out for yourself.

Posted July 24, 2012
I sure hope the new principal can have an impact. It is so sad to see this school continue to decline over the years. I know they are trying hard to turn things around, but as a parent, I am highly concerned about the serious discipline issues they have and the continued decline in academic performance there.

Mohave Middle School 3

Posted July 20, 2011
I think this school is trying to get its act together. They have gotten very strict, because they have had to but it has cut down on the school fights and bullying. Big difference from a year ago. Great choir and music school. Academically, needs to step it up. Lots of kids falling through the cracks. But with programs in place, if a kid doesnt do their homework, lunch detention until they do, this school will excell. Teachers that are confronted by kids in the classroom need to get a backbone and not just ignore it. Fall out from Cocopah down the road comes here because they ARE addressing bullying and will not tolerate it. Administration does do something about problems that come to their attention. Kudos to the changes.

Posted May 23, 2011
I went to this school in the 7th grade, and it was by far the worst year of my schooling. I am now 21 years old, and I am going to college to get a degree in Secondary Education. Bullying was a huge problem for me. I was pushed in the hallways and called names. One day, as I was reading in front of my next class during lunch, I had a teacher come up to me and literally scream at me that I was being deliberately disobedient and that I was never going back to my old school so I had better get used to it. I used to sit there all the time because I was bullied in the cafeteria. Another time, I was with the orchestra and we stopped at the Pavillions for lunch. Our teacher just let us go do whatever we want. Some of the students got kicked out of Target for riding the carts down the isles. I called my mom on a pay phone and asked for her to come get me. The school police showed up, and I was nearly suspended for running away during a school field trip, seeing as they did not believe me that our teacher let us run amok all over the place. I hope it has changed, seeing as that was 8-9 years ago, but I doubt it.

Mohave Middle School
5520 N. 86th Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85250
Last modified Mohave Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.