Sedona, AZ

Posted October 13, 2013
Although opinions seem to vary about WSS, I have always been pleased with the outcome of each school year. WSS is located in a small community, where everyone knows everyone's business, but not all parents choose to get involved with their child's education. However, education is not only the responsibility of the teachers, but also the parents. I have heard many parents make complaints about teachers, that did not choose to do their part at home. I believe Dr. Hirsch feels passionately about her students and the school, and the teachers (at least those who have been there many years) are all devoted and well-qualified. Everyone works very hard to give my child a good education. I have been grateful to have my daughter educated at this school for the last 5 years (K-4th grade; currently enrolled). Thank you!

West Sedona Elementary School 2

Posted July 29, 2013
This school is alright. The staff is focused more on behavior than the academics. The school takes little situations and makes them a really big deal. This schools education is really low even one of the teachers said that to the children. Most of the staff picks out kids with minor behavior problems and watches them closely not focusing on the other children's behavior. I don't want to be mean but this school has more Mexicans that were raised up with lower education so this school has to slow down there learning because of that. I could go on about how bad the sports, phys ed, computer and lunch is horrible but I will let you research that for yourself. If you're looking for better academics, sports, special programs, and after school programs I would advise you to look towards other schools such as C.M.S. C.E.S. Big Park or even Clarkdale/Jerome elementary just not west sedona school.

Posted October 30, 2008

Posted October 15, 2008

Posted July 15, 2008

Posted January 02, 2008
I currently have 2 children at WSS and one at SRRHS - this is a great school with wonderful parent involvement and terrific teachers!

Posted September 01, 2007
Great teachers, great parents, and students that want to learn!

Posted March 21, 2007
As a former WSS parent I have to say how blessed I was to have my first school experience be there. My daughter's teachers were committed to the students on an academic as well as a personal level. Officer Pott who is on campus brings a whole new world into education providing a safe and friendly environment for the school. Across the board the teachers, administrators and staff are helpful. My daughter enjoyed well planned field trips, was provided with vertical alignment that allowed a first grader to read at a second grade level instead of keeping her at a status quo, she felt safe and happy. There is not too much more one could ask for in a school. But the best part is no one at the school will ever decide we have done enough, because everyone strives to do better all the time. It's a great school.

Posted March 28, 2006
Quality seems largely dependent on the teacher assigned. My son's teacher last year was strong and experienced, our impression was good. I was disappointed that the school does not have more policies and procedures to have teachers adhere to them.

Posted January 18, 2006
- a former student
Decent enough school with some truly great teachers. However, the junior high classes tend to be very overcrowded with poor teacher:student ratio. Lots of focus is placed on sports, and they do have great teams. Unfortunately, little importance is placed on the arts. There also seems to be very little parent involvement encouraged by the school.

West Sedona Elementary School
570 Posse Ground Rd, Sedona, AZ  86336
Last modified West Sedona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Sedona Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top