No rating

Verde Valley School

Private | 9-12 | 100 students

Living in Sedona

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $292,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Posted October 5, 2014

Verde Valley School is truly an unique experience. To have this opportunity as a day student has been so rewarding. The staff have been very supportive which reflects a positive environment at VVS. Students arrive at VVS from all over the world. To have this opportunity to build relationships with international students is priceless. Some of our favorites are field trips, the IB Experience, equestrian program, drama and so much more! I can't say enough great things about Verde Valley School , most important is Thank You!

Posted May 31, 2013

When you take a first look at this school you will fall in love with it. However, when you learn the truth it starts to turn pretty ugly. I love that it is an international school, but that is about it. I am at the end of my first year here and am not pleased. They are firing many of the teachers (important nes too) because they do not want to spend the money. However, in a school I'm sure there are better ways to save money than by firing teachers. The mandarin program is now being taught online, we are losing one of the two music teachers (the only one who knows how to play and teaches piano), both history teachers, and many more. There are rumours of hiring interns next year. AND the food makes everybody sick. Some meals only consist of mashed potatoes bread and corn. Many of the teachers are not understanding which is important especially with the IB program. I am very dissapointed by this school, and I know much of the faculty and my fellow students agree. I have no doubts that this school used to be brilliant, but now it is falling apart.

Posted February 26, 2013

As a current student, this is my second year going to verde valley school and sadly probably my last. In the past year the school has undergone a complete transformation in almost about everything, the way academics are run, student lifestyle, and where money gets spent. During my first year as a new student, I loved going to Verde Valley School, but this year seems almost nothing like the old school I once considered my second home. The new academic system is very difficult to manage as the new policy gives students grades only based on tests. This means homework, participation, and attendance no longer count towards a grade. But perhaps what is really making a student like me that was once so happy at VVS leave, is the fact that the school really has no money. They have put all their money this year into the horse back riding program, which by the way about ten out of the one hundred students participate in, meaning that there is nothing left for any of the other sports or arts departments, school trips, or facilities.

Posted November 17, 2012

While this school does contain many great aspects about it such as Field trips/ Project Period, international diversity, and a beautiful campus; it does not fully make up for the lack of professionalism in and out of the classrooms. Not only does the school lack in funding for many of its programs, ( especially the arts and sports facility) it still advertises for programs it does not or no longer has such as an online library, a swimming pool, ect. For such high tuition price, one would think that a school like Verde Valley would be able to provide a little more than it gives.

Posted January 6, 2009

I am a current student at VVS, and its the only school I've been to where allvthe students were kind yet serious about their work. We have fun and party on the weekends, but crack down and study together. Every week we have a meeting with just the students to talk about student matters, lead by our class presidents. The classes are small, and we know our teachers on a first-name basis. I am a boarding student, and its been a great experience. Our community is small, about 120 students, and we're like a family, and we all look after each other. I highly recommend VVS to anyone who is passionate about their work, but willing to know knew cultures from around the world. I'm very excited for the years to come at VVS. And for the next dorm party. jk. :P

Posted February 9, 2007

I loved being part of the VVS community. It's one of the only schools that I enjoyed going to. The teachers were amazing and my peers were great everyone had a great fun loving but grounded attitude. If you want your kids to have fun but learn well then VVS is the place to send them

Posted September 19, 2005

This school provides a very liberal environment with many hands on experiences to compliment the academic stream.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 31, 2004

First things first. This school is not for everyone. Unless you live in the Sedona area, your child will be living on-campus. You, as a parent, will not see your children except for holidays, and any time you travel to the school for a visit. While I had no problem living away from home, and living in a dormitory, the same could not be said of my younger sister. I spent four years at VVS, my entire high school career. It was a choice that felt natural, and I thank my parents for the chance to receive this level of education that I never would have received in public school. Class size is a plus, as the largest class I ever had was twelve students. Teachers are the dorm-parents, so they are a constant in the students lives. From soccer, to mountain climbing, to horseback riding, extracurricular activities are excellent.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 20, 2003

I'm a current student at VVS. It's truly been a great experience. Not only have I met people from all over the world, i can also take advantage of all the unique academic and extracuricular activities. Not only are the classes small and vert rigerous, where else can you actually go to your teachers house and ask for help at night. It's a tight knit community and i honestly would recommend VVS to anyone who was interested.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 30% 3%

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3511 Verde Valley School Road