K-6 & Ungraded
Sierra Vista, AZ

Pueblo Del Sol Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2014
My daughter transferred here from NY where we had a wonderful 1st grade experience and she was a straight a student. When we got to PDS they started failing her in reading, sending her to multiple reading classes, and anytime I called or sent in a note, they were ignored. I finally called the principle, and the SECOND time, my questions were finally answered. Also my daughter has been bullied, and when she tells an adult, she is told to "get over it". I don't think that is appropriate in any way. I would look into other school before going to this one. HORRIBLE experience.

Posted March 01, 2012
Very Excellent and well trained teachers. I was here and I liked it. I have been here for 3 years and loved all the children and made lots of friends. I even still know some children. All the teachers cared for me. This was where I got very smart at math by Accelerated math.I also know there is AR where you memorize books for tests to meet a goal for rewards. I will never forget this school. And to the school. I learned a new reading Strategy: Read with CURAJ(At Desert Sky). C is Circle Key words. U is underline important words for the passage. Rewrite the question in your own words.Answer the question. Justify(Explain why you got that answer. and for Order Of Operations. I learned PEMDAS(Parentheses,Exponents,Multiply Divide left to right,Add Subtract left to right). I am at Desert Sky with some students with the same minds as me. I made more friends. I'll miss you PDS. A boy that all of some 6th graders know me.

Posted December 06, 2010
There is not another school in the district, county, and perhaps Southern Arizona that is at the same level as PdS. They were recently awarded as a "Blue Ribbon School", one of only four schools in the state to achieve the honor. Don't let anyone tell you that any charter school in the area is equal; they are not.

Posted April 03, 2010
My children attended PDS from Sept 2008- March 2010. We have been thrilled with this school, the teachers, the pricipal. We were very sad to leave Sierra Vista and PDS. Our children transfered from DODDS schools in Germany in 2008. Our oldest was in 4th grade and struggled a bit to catch up with his peers, but as a 5th grader and starting from the 1st of the yr he did terrific and Mrs. Caputo was the factor to help him to soar to a new level of achievement. Mrs. Faust was our 2nd child's 1st grade teacher and too is AWESOME! Mr. Wilson (principal) sets a new level of expectation for parents. He takes the time to know each child by name and interacts with them daily! More schools should strive to achieve the standards of PDS!!

Posted March 30, 2010
Wonderful school and staff!! My son has Mrs. Holston for second grade and I can't say enough good things about her! She challenged each individual child on their own level and teaches them accountability and time management. Very important life skills! She really really goes above and beyond!!

Posted January 22, 2010
PDS is a great school and they have made it even better by adding a counselor! Ms Elliott is super and quicly established a great bond with the kids - she is a welcome addition to the staff!

Posted October 29, 2009

Posted August 10, 2008
My son attends PDS and is in the first grade. I was very impressed that his first year at PDS was a great and educational year. Mrs. Sutera is an awesome teacher and puts her all into teaching and communicating with parents. Now, my son has Ms. Klein. She's been wonderful and also open to communication and participation from the parents. The principal knows every child by first name and interacts well with all the children. I amd very pleased that I will be having two more attend this school.

Posted June 29, 2008
PDS is by far the best school in the district. Not only does it have an excellent rating which tells about their academics, but the teachers equally care about the well-being of each child. I am very pleased with the quality of education my child recieved from Mrs. McComish and Mrs. Wolfe (second grade TEAM) this year. It's AMAZING how much farther they were able to advance my student compared to the charter school. Plus my student LOVED them which gives me peace of mind!

Pueblo Del Sol Elementary School 0

Posted May 07, 2008
This school by far is one of the best! The teachers are amazing, staff is wonderful and friendly and the Principal is the best. He knows every kid by first name and is always out and about mingling with the kids. I went to this school as well K-6 and their excellence has continued thourghout the years.

Pueblo Del Sol Elementary School
5130 Paseo Las Palmas, Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
Last modified Pueblo Del Sol Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pueblo Del Sol Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top