Bad
Good

I have always dreaded when my children would get old enough to attend this school. It has been bad for many many years. Terrible teachers and staff. They are rude to the students and parents. This school is run like a juvenile detention center and not a learning institution. There is no inspiration only discipline at this school. Good luck if you have a child who needs motivation as this is a school they will surely fail. The teachers blame the parents instead of taking responsibility for their own students academic failures, albeit they are quick to take the credit if "I" have worked hard with my child and THEN he/she does well. What a joke. You are better off homeschooling your children if they need any sort of help as this school does not offer any. I will be giving 5 stars for parent involvement because that is what is needed for any student to pass this school.

Horrible for kids with learning disabilities.... total lack of being proactive on the part of at least 2/3 of the teachers I have dealt with. They wait until after the 100th day (to get funding for the student for the next year) to threaten to hold the students back. Basically forcing the parent to withdraw the disabled kids and put them into charter schools. Which has a net effect of making their Spring AIMS test results much higher.... go figure. Teachers that consistently allow students to not turn in work at all. No parent contact on individual students. Lying about emails that were never sent, failure to pick up a phone and call parents after weeks of not getting work. Blaming the kids for their own lack of engaging lesson plans and failure to manage their students. This school is horrible. Absolutely positively horrible for kids with learning disabilities. So much for no child left behind, and so much for special education. God Bless America.

I put a teacher in her place for being rude now i am being harassed by cps and the school. My son is disabled and he is being picked on by the teachers.

I am impressed how the school has transitioned and focuses on putting kids first. There are many programs in place to allow for students to succeed. The leadership with Mrs. Sadorf is consistent and she is in the classrooms on a daily basis. Impressed at how hard the teachers work and spend time getting to know and care about kids. Since getting a new principal and a new mascot, colors and focus, JCMS is off to a great start

I love SVMS. The teachers/principals are great!! I've been homeschooled, and have gone to private (OLM). SVMS is the best!! I've made a lot of friends. Its a pretty cool campus.

My son used to go to this school in his 6th grade year, and I, along with my son, found most thing about this school highly unsatisfactory. Quite honestly, as a parent, I would have to say that Apache Middle school is a much better school than this one. The teachers here at this school aren't as motivated, or dedicated. I advise any parent that is serious about their child's education, send your kids to Apache.

The school administrators and teachers leave a lot to be desired. Most seem rude and the office administrators do not seem to have control of their school. My son was moved to another group within his current grade, but did not help. The Principal will not make himself available to meet with the parents when an issue needs to be addressed. The Asst. Principal is somewhat condescending when questioned about a subjective decision.

Overall, I like the school. However, the office staff leaves something to be desired. The Asst. Principal is very caring, extremely helpful, and likeable. My daughter had issues with a teacher being rude and intimidating, she was not allowed to switch classes. I met with the teacher to judge for myself, and I thought the same. She was rude and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. Still, my daughter had to stay in her class. My son now attends here with no apparent issues/problems and enjoys the extracurricular activities.

Last modified Joyce Clark Middle School (Formerly Sierra Vista M is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.