K-6 & Ungraded
Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted October 16, 2014
We had our children attend school there from K-5 before we had to move away out of state. I cannot say enough good things about VMES. The principal (Mr. Roppe), teachers, and support staff all work well together. My children absolutely loved the school. The principal was open to new ideas and it had a very active PTO. From a parents view the staff is very approachable with any concerns (which there really weren't many except for clarification on some assignments). Having moved away and experiencing another school district, the education our children received at VMES prepared them very well and transitioning was no issue. I highly recommend this school!

Village Meadows Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2014
My child is in Mr. Haag's class and I have been informed that missing school is not an option even when sick. Going to school is fun and sometimes I don't think my child realizes that the learning process is taking place. My child knows more about what's going on in the world then I do at times. My child is interested in being involved in the community. Going to a nursing home once a month has given my child respect and more compassion for the elderly. Learning math has been difficult for my child but my child is actually getting it with out being frustrated all the time. (that is a blessing for me) Mr. Haag talks,to the kids on their level and really seems to care about all the students. There isn't a child in the school that doesn't know who he is. They all seem to love him and respect him. When he is principal he handles things quickly and is firm but caring at the same time. We need more teachers / principals like that. I would recommend him to any parent that asks what I think of Mr. Haag. He has,worked miracles for my child and has,made learning fun and enjoyable for the entire family.

Posted April 30, 2014
My son has been in Mr. Haag's 6th grade class this year. This is the BEST year my son (or I ) have ever had in school! He has learned so much and even better, had a great time doing it. My son now pays more attention to what's happening in the world around him than I do! I am so thankful for the changes I have seen in my child since entering Mr.H's class! Thank you!

Posted February 20, 2012
I am very happy with Village Meadow's team. The principal, Mr. Roppe really cares for his students, parents, and staff. My child's 6th grade teache,r Mrs. Kruse has really kept me in the loop with my child's progress this year. I am happy to report my daughter has made two years growth under Mrs. Kruse's instruction and she excited about comming to school. When I asked my daughter how things are going recently, she said; "my teacher pushes me to do my best, its hard sometimes, but I get it mom. I finally get school." This is more imporatnt than any rate my teacher website... My daughter understanding work ethic and taking responsibility. Thank you to all Village Meadows staff, I will recommend you to anyone who will listen.

Village Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2011
Although the school has struggled with getting enough funding to operate at the level they want (way too many kids in each class - 32 in my son's 4th grade class with one teacher) the principle is fabulous. Scot Roppe holds the kids and parents to a high standard and it makes a huge positive impact at this school. There is no bullying and the teachers work to create a positive learning environment from the kids. The PTO is wonderful and does a great job of trying to engage the parents. Not all parents get engaged, in fact, much less than I'm used to but the PTO work hard nonetheless. Be prepared to help your child if they are struggling because theere are too many kids for the teacher to give them enough attention tven though they try.

Posted March 08, 2011
I have 2 children who attend Village Meadows, and I am a very involved parent. There is a strong PTO, with many opportunities for parents to serve at PTO functions, as well as in the classroom. My older child has been at this school for 3 1/2 years, and is receiving an excellent education. Both children are in the highest tier of their classes, and the teachers are creative and caring enough to go the extra mile to continue to challenge my kids. They gather curriculum from the next higher grade level so that they don't get bored in the classroom or with their assignments. The leadership of the principal is kind, loving, and respectful, but he holds the kids accountable to the school "RULES." The schools' AIMS scores have increased significantly since Mr. Roppe came on staff. The teachers are highly qualified, experienced, loving, in control of the classroom, and FUN. The kids look forward to coming to school! I absolutely LOVE this school, its administration, faculty and staff!!! Go, Wolves! :)

Posted January 25, 2011
my kids have gone to this school for a few years and the kids love this school and so do we. kids are on honor roll and bring home high test scores. a few years ago my son went to a diffrent school and their was one teacher per grade that was worth getting i knew the list. at this school all the teachers are worth getting. they are dedicated. The principal is very approachable There is not enough good things i can say about this school and even though its one of the worst funded schools in the district the strides that have been made are amazing. The pto is great and cares more about the kids and familys that attend their then i have ever seen in any other school. If they close this school i will never put my kids in this district again.

Posted November 22, 2010
I cannot say enough good things about this school. The principal, staff, students, and parents all work so well together. I have 2 children who are fortunate enough to go to this school. It would be a shame to see it close.

Posted May 01, 2010
I believe VM is the most underfunded, neglected, and ignored elementary school in the district. Despite these challenges, and perhaps even because of them, the teachers and especially the Principle (Mr Roppe) achieve tremendous results through dedicated, hard work. Since Mr Roppe has taken over at the school I have seen morale and performance skyrocket - among both children and the teachers. I could not be happier. I find it absolutely incredible what the staff and leadership of this school have achieved with what they have been given. This was one of the few highly performing schools in the district - now they are going to close it. Makes sense, more low income kids go to this school than any other - who cares if it performs better than the rest.....right? Everything boils down to $$.

Posted April 20, 2010
This is one of the best elementary schools my child has ever gone to and if it closes it would be a great shame

Village Meadows Elementary School
905 El Camino Real, Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
Last modified Village Meadows Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Village Meadows Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top