Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted February 26, 2013
My children both love First Baptist. The sense of community and love that my children receive is wonderful. Not only are they receiving an excellent education, they are learning about Christ, and how to live a life more centered on Him. The new principal is great, and we're very happy with all of the teachers and staff.

Posted February 21, 2013
I am very happy with First Baptist Christian Academy. My son is in the sixth grade and has attended since pre-school. The new Principal is fantastic and bringing so much more to the school. This school year he has added sports programs to include: volleyball and basketball, accelerated reading program, math competitiions, and a lego team that won the Core Values Trophy for Regionals. I am very happy with First Baptist.

Posted March 29, 2012
I chose First Baptist for both of my children because I had heard horror stories from other parents about their experiences with public schools, and I was appalled at the things that children are learning in school today! I wanted my girls to get a clear picture of right and wrong, to have a strong moral compass, and not grow up too fast. I have found that and more at First Baptist. Not only are my children learning great values, they are getting an excellent education. The curriculum, teachers, and administration are amazing, and I am so glad I chose First Baptist. The students have monthly field trips to really great places like Apple Annie's, Coronado National Monument, and even to the ballet! The tuition is high, but there are a lot of scholarships available if you just take the time to find them (Google it!). It has been worth every penny, and I will definitely keep my children here as long as possible.

Posted January 30, 2012
My children have attended this school since they were both three years of age. I loved the atmosphere, what they are learning and all the positive people walking the halls. I feel that my children have surpassed what the public schools would be teaching them. I have never had any problems that the school office has not resolved. My children will continue to attend here until they go to High School; I wish they continued through 12th grade.

Posted January 27, 2012
It is the best school in Sierra Vista, the teachers are so professional, they always treat our kids with dignity and respect. My son has been at the school since 2004 and I would not want him to go any another school. The tuition is affordable, and they have different payment plans and programs to help the parents to enroll their kids into the school. If you are just moving to town, check them out, I know you won't be disappointed . It is a christian school but it does not matter what religion or denomination you belong to, they just teach about the bible and God, without trying to change your kid religion . The curriculum is excellent and they have P.E. music, spanish and art classes. They just started a new program for working parents that have the need to enroll their kids in after care, where they help the kids to have their homework done at school.

Posted March 04, 2011
As a parent of a child in the kindergarten class at First Baptist and a friend that has her child in the kindergarten class at Coronado Elementary, there is absolutely no comparison in the yearly teaching curriculum. The "best" public elementary school is not even close to what the kids are being taught in First Baptist Christian Academy. First Baptist is very dedicated in advanced teaching in all grade levels but your child needs to always be at an advanced level. This is a wonderful school for highly motivated children and parents.

First Baptist Christian Academy 1

Posted February 04, 2011
Tuition is required and no milk is served. Yohgurt & pudding come back unopened. Adressed concerns are taken as an insult & you are shunned.There is NO survey at the end of the year to inquire about improvement. Learning Christianity needs to be reinforced when one student is cruel to another or when children/grandchildren are allowed to be in their Mother/Grandma's class. It is a "conflict of interest" As is when a teacher Hand picks her class. ALL classes should be balanced with EQUAL amounts of racially diverse students. EVERY parent wants to see their child in the Christmas program!! Ensuring that & NOT putting your Grandaughter and other favorites in the front row despite them being taller than most of the kids is one PRIME example of how everyone isn't treated fairly here. I'm guessing if FBCA happens to read this--They will not allow cameras in for the future plays. That is how they passively/aggressively seem handle things like this.They want things their way & their is NO negotiation.The playground & building are old. Their is no gymnasium or sports. The uppity "attitude" is quite humorous&doesn't = the quality of the school.

First Baptist Christian Academy 2

Posted January 07, 2011
Like the previous reviewer, I have mixed feelings about the school. The teachers are wonderful. The academics are more advanced than the local schools in the area, particularly in the younger grades. However, based on my own experience, I question their leadership integrity. After being highly invested for many years, we no longer felt that the value was worth the expense. Coming from a previous Christian school that truly put Christ at the center, this one paled by comparison. As a previous reviewer stated, I, too, am not asking the school to usurp the spiritual training of my children, but to partner with me. However, the sense of partnership and community is not there.

First Baptist Christian Academy 3

Posted October 21, 2010
I have very mixed feelings about this school. Most of the teachers are good, but the administration is terrible. The principal does not seem to know the first thing about dealing with children. In addition, she is completely unwilling to work with you on any issues that may arise and does not offer support or encouragement. In a military town, there is zero support for the military child. I have yet to figure out where all of my money goes since there are no sports programs, band, or student activities. The school has gone WAY downhill since we started two years ago. That being said, the teachers are pretty good and the academics are more advanced than the public schools. I however, no longer think the slight academic advantage is worth the rest of the baloney you have to deal with at this school.

Posted September 02, 2010
A well run school, I am pleased with FBCA. Staff, parents and the overall feel around this wonderful school is positive, professional, and my child is learning leaps and bounds in a warm, fun, family friendly and christian environment.

First Baptist Christian Academy
1447 South 7th Street, Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
Last modified First Baptist Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
First Baptist Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top