Public charter
Sierra Vista, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted June 11, 2014
We had high hopes for this school but we were let down. They had no idea how to complete a 504, refused to do one when there was a genuine need, and then eventually agreed but only when we got very pushy. Then they violated the 504 on two separate occasions. They also "lost" paperwork I sent to them for an outside assessment, and refused to do their own assessment because my child had a 504 for a completely unrelated issue. Bottom line is that they were uneducated about the law and how to help kids with a genuine need. My child's teacher wasn't bad, but we definitely didn't feel like this school was a suitable learning environment for our child, and won't be for any child who may need a little extra help. Parental involvement was just about nonexistent. Offers to join the parent's organization were ignored, even though we were filling out the sheet(s) (multiple) sent home periodically.

Posted January 23, 2014
I chose to send my child to Imagine, having been at Imagine ELC, and having nothing but wonderful things to say about our experience at the daycare i felt confident that we would have similar experience at the school Im am completely disappointed with my decision. i love my childs teacher and if wasnt for her being such an awesome teacher i would have already takin my child out of Imagine. My biggest complaint is the office staff, the principal vice principal, secretary, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! WILL NOT RETURN NEXT YEAR

Posted July 14, 2013
I am a retired soldier, teacher and also a sub at Imagine S V. I have no idea about all of these negative comments. It seems there is no middle ground. People either love it or hate it! The parents say the faculty is praising the school and the negatives seem to be from irate parents. Personally, I find it to be a much better than average school. The administrators and office staff go out of their way to help me. The teachers leave clear and comprehensive lesson plans and expect them to be followed. The classrooms are neat and well-organized, and the students are on a structured routine and are ready to learn. The kids seem to be at or above their levels in math and reading skills. In addition to the core curriculum, enrichment classes are also available. Bullying is not tolerated here and trouble-makers are quickly expelled. Except for an occasional case of typical school "drama" I find Imagine S V to be a safe and harmonious place of learning. So a good question for me to ask myself is: "Would I sent my own kids to this school?' The answer is an unequivocal "Yes"! Sincerely, James Bryan

Posted July 14, 2013
So far, we are very satisfied in this school. My daughter goes here & she loves the teachers. Staff are easy to talk to & very respectful. The teachers communicate with us in terms of our daughter's well being & academic status. Just like the recent comment by a retired soldier, teacher & a sub teacher, this school Imagine Sierra Vista, doesn't tolerate any misbehavior & especially any type of bullying. Academically, the teachers & the administration of Imagine have been working hard to keep the quality of the education of our kids to be at the best. However, we as parents also have to do our part when our kids gets home to monitor them make sure they study & do their homework so they can be successful academically.

Posted January 30, 2013
I also believe the 5 stars are from staff or people involved at the school.... don't be fooled this place is the worst school in Sierra Vista. Unorganized & unstable.

Imagine Sierra Vista 2

Posted October 23, 2012
When we first moved here a few months ago I was going to enroll my 4th grader here but was put off by the office staff and the administrator. They seemed more interested in my paying the multitude of fees that were required before even wanting to talk to my son or find out anything about him. I had some questions on what type of curriculum was followed and the administer couldn't answer basic questions. I left feeling the most important thing to them was getting paid, not what they could do for my son. I would enjoy anything thinking of enrolling in any school to do their homework and find out everything you can about their program, ethics and morals when it comes to meeting the needs of each unique child.

Posted August 15, 2012
My child always has something positive to say about Imagine School. She loves her teachers and respects her peers. She is constantly telling me about the 6 characteristics that Imagine hold their students, teachers, and staff accountable to - which is why I believe she enjoys being at the school. Additionally, I have always been treated with respect. Any questions I have are addressed in a timely manner. I like that the administration are willing to listen and take into consideration any input I may have. They are a credit to themselves and the institution. Thank you Imagine for truly caring about your students...

Posted November 12, 2010
Imagine Sierra Vista encourages my children to do well. The faculty and staff are always willing to help. The principal and administration have been very cooperative with my family. I wish I could volunteer more of my time with my children's classes, their teachers are wonderful. There are so many after school clubs and activities my children have so much to choose from. I love the environment and encouragement I hear and see as I watch my children begin their day. I know that my kids are getting the best education in an encouraging atmosphere.

Posted November 02, 2010
I am very happy with my experience here at Imagine. My kids have lived all over the world and have never been excited to come to school until we started there. My kinder is bringing home some of the most innovative projects ive ever seen! My 5th grader loves her teachers and is always working on projects that combine fun and learning (which is nice becuase she is actually willing to do homework!) My middle schooler loves his teachers and is even being taught Spanish and Technology! They have always worked to resolve any concerns I had. As far as bullying, that is a problem ANYWHERE you go, but the principal and dean of students have enouraged my kids to let them know when there is a problem so they can work to get it resolved becuase they dont always know its happening unless theyre told. Thank you Imagine!

Imagine Sierra Vista 4

Posted September 25, 2010
My children have been attending Imagine for 3 years now. I love this school and most important all 4 of my children love this school. They range in grades from Kinder-5th. My children's strengths and weaknesses differ from one another and I have experianced nothing but encouragement from their teachers. Plus I have worked with the middle school teachers and they are a great team! I noticed parents refering to the teacher turn-over. Those turn-overs are helping our school become a better place. We do have teachers who have been there for many years and they are great teachers. We are so NOT "Lord of the Flies". We follow the same bulling procedures as all AZ public schools aswell as Imagine standards. I must admit that I am a parent, I am on the PTO board, and I am a huge volunteer. I support who and what I believe is best.

Imagine Sierra Vista
1000 E Wilcox Drive, Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
Last modified Imagine Sierra Vista is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Sierra Vista Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top