K-6 & Ungraded
Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted May 13, 2015
My daughter spent a year and a half at this school and it was a year and a half too long. She was constantly bullied both physically and verbally by another student. After contacting the principal about the matter I was told it would be taken care of. Her classroom teacher then decided to sit that girl behind her and the bullying continued. Academics are horrible. The teachers do not offer multiple types of assessments or ways to measure progress. They only put a handful of grades in the grade book so if your child bombs one assignment their whole grading period is down the toilet. This school is all about daily drama and fights in the upper grades. I have pulled my child out of this school and enrolled both her and her younger brother who is entering Kindergarten next year in a local private school.

Posted February 04, 2015
Do not send your children to this school! Unfortunately, the teachers, Principal as well as the staff are not connected to the students or parents. They lack the basic communication skills. If you don't mind unanswered calls or feedback, then ok. I have never witnessed such disconnect. The teachers see no other way but their own and unfortunately, the principal backs them up, regardless of logic. I pulled my children from this school after too many occurrences. There are plenty of great schools in Sierra Vista, this is just not one of them.

Posted January 09, 2015
The school called CPS on my daughter because my grandson was jumping on the bed and hit his head. He is a normal 11 yr old boy. She had to sit at CPS office with children for two hour waiting on a CPS worker who made the appointment but never bothered to have the courtesy to tell her she was not going to see her. Two hours, my grandchildren were traumatized. Thank you very much for that.

Bella Vista Elementary School 4

Posted November 07, 2012
Bella Vista Elementary has served my son well since Kindergarden. We have been satisfied with the quality and care of the school and staff.

Posted May 01, 2012
In this town there is open enrollment which means you can choose your school and not go to your home school if there is room. All the moms I know that live in this zone choose not to send their children there. There is a definite disconnect and a ton of defensive teachers. Was not impressed at all. I would choose any school in this town over them. Not challenging at all. Teachers only teach to standard.

Bella Vista Elementary School 5

Posted October 15, 2009
We are a military family and have had the opportunity to visit and attend many schools. Bella Vista is an amazing school and has GREAT teachers! Parents should be more involved with helping out in the classrooms. The academic success is a success as long as parents are willing to make it a success.

Bella Vista Elementary School

Posted November 24, 2008
I recently transferred my daughter from a smaller school to Bella Vista, I did not know how whe would conform to this change, suprisingly enough she is doing so much better than the smaller school. Mrs. Wikoff is absolutely phenomenal with my daughter. I appreciate the fact that Mrs. Segal knows the students by name as well and the office staff is incredible. I would suggest this school to any parent that is looking for a positive change.

Bella Vista Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2008
I have two children that attend Bella Vista Elementary School. This is their second year, and they are in 2nd and 4th grade. The teachers here are patient, intelligent, and creative, and my childen do very well in this school.

Bella Vista Elementary School 5

Posted April 04, 2007
Bella Vista is a wonderful learning environment! The principal, Mrs. Segal, does a wonderful job of both being involved with the students and making sure that the students are excelling. She is a warm and caring principal. The art teacher, Mrs. Sandagata is truly amazing! The students learn so much in her class and the things they are able to accompish as a result of her instruction is incredible! There is definitely an emphasis placed on reading, which is essential for success in all academic areas. The 'reading strategies' classes, in addition to regular reading within homeroom classes is a way for children to be grouped into appropriate reading levels so that each student has the maximum opportunity for success in reading. Bella Vista is a great school and we've been very pleased during our time here. The vast majority of the staff truly cares about the students' success.

Bella Vista Elementary School
801 N. Lenzner, Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
Last modified Bella Vista Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bella Vista Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top