Public charter
Sierra Vista, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted October 27, 2014
My son was suspended from Buena H.S. at the end of the last school year but could return for his Senior year. I put him into Berean Academy and within weeks I saw a difference in my son. He didn't have many friends at first and grades were ok but he seemed comfortable As time went on he began to love it and enjoyed all of his teachers. When I did attend a conference I was so impressed how much the teachers were so personal and yet professional. The year ended well and my son did not want to go back to Buena for his Senior year. He is happy doing well and I just can't say enough about the faculty, the teaching and the reassurance and safety they give their students. Keep up the good work Berean!!!!!

Posted February 23, 2014
My son has been a Berean Academy student since fourth grade. He came to the school with a disability and many other problems. The community of teachers, staff, administrators, and fellow students collaberated to make him welcome and successful. He graduates this year with honors as a well adjusted and community orientated young man. Thank you Berean Academy with all my heart!

Posted January 30, 2014
Berean Academy is the perfect fit for my daughter! We came to Sierra Vista her freshman year. She is now a senior and has been accepted to NAU and U of A. She received a $35,000.00 scholarship and is very prepared to enter college. I thank the administration, staff, and faculty for their continuing support of their students! They are the only accredited K-12 school in the area.

Posted January 30, 2014
My children started at Berean Academy at the beginning of the 2012-2013 school year. I have had nothing but good experiences ever since. I have twins in high school, and a younger child in sixth grade. The teachers are well educated and great at communicating if necessary. The staff makes sure parents are up to date with outreach messages, a school calendar, and access to student grades. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted June 19, 2013
We moved the kids to this school because my daughter was being refused services at Huachuca Mountain and my son was being "taught" math with a computer and when he struggled he got no help. Berean had evaluated my daughter and she started receiving services less than a month after moving to this school. My son's math score went from C's to A's, and not because the math was easier but because he could ask questions from a real life teacher, not a computer program. My children are thriving. There was a bullying incident with my oldest son and it was taken care of quickly. I was extremely pleased with how the principal handled the incident. I have nothing bad to say about this school.

Berean Academy 4

Posted May 16, 2013
The people definitely know what they are talking about when it is time to talk about the people! ;-)

Berean Academy 3

Posted October 22, 2012
I am somewhat pleased and displeased with this school. On the positive side, most of the teachers are approachable, and they can be talked to after school if a student is falling behind. I have done this many times,and they do help me when I am struggling in any subject. They are friendly and open. I am a little disappointed in the teachers on another level because they do not discipline the students to stop talking in the class rooms, and it is very hard to concentrate on our work. It uses all of my strength to do my work without getting distracted. I wish the teachers would step up a tad bit more and help the kids who are trying. But as a student in high school, here is my perspective is in the class rooms, many students are very lost in what is being taught, so they do not bother to try to work, and end up failing the class. sometimes if the teachers paired up the actually working students with the non-working students, it would influence them more to do their work, but then sometimes this just causes the student who was actually doing their work to not do it. It all depends on the student. I am some what happy, but somewhat very disappointed with the school.

Posted August 18, 2012
I love this school and both my 5th grade and 11 grade children love this school. I have met the principal in passing on several occasions. He always has time for students and parents. This is a great school, and I would recommend it to everyone.

Posted August 18, 2012
I'm so excited about the new "Honors Tract" that the school is implementing this year for the high school students. I have an advanced child in high school who is getting straight A's, now I know that she will be challenged. I heard that they might even be able to take a test at the end of the year and get college credit at the same time. Way to go Berean Academy!!!

Posted July 21, 2012
This school is absolutely amazing. The curriculum is outstanding, and the attention each child receives on a one on one basis is splendid! Coming from the East Coast to here, I have to admit, the values that are taught at this school is exactly what I was looking for in a school for my son!

Berean Academy
1169 N. Colombo Avenue, Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
Last modified Berean Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berean Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top