No rating

All Saints Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 117 students

Living in Sierra Vista

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $195,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $704.

Posted September 23, 2014

All Saints Catholic School is a small thriving private school. It offers a sound curriculum. All are welcome to attend this school set in the foothills of the mtns. It provides and safe environment. The security system protects all the faculty and students. Mass is once a week and the children's choir sounds wonderful. Go check it out!!

Posted August 23, 2014

All Saints Catholic School is doing so poorly that its own principal has to write the majority of the positive reviews on here. That's not very Christian-like is it? The school is detrimental to your children. Ask around town, and you'll hear that most of the parents pulled their kids out. General classes are rarely taught using the books. P.E. is only once a week, which mostly consists of sitting and talking. They also claim to be a safe teaching enviornment. Years ago, parents found out the church was housing illegal immigrants. Did I mention that parents were forced to do volunteer work or they have to pay? The list goes on and on. Before you know it there will be another review claiming to be a student or parent raving about the school. Never send your child here.

Posted July 22, 2014

My son is about to start his 4th year at All Saints and we couldn't be more pleased with the school and over all learning experience. My son has been challenged and has been held to a higher expectations which has resulted in him achieving a lot of goals and even testing above grade level in several subjects. As a mom I am confident that my son is in a safe, encouraging learning environment. Not to mention all the FUN he has while at school. Originally I only planned to send my son to ASCS for pre-k but we have been so thrilled with this outstanding school we don't plan to leave. There aren't enough positive things I can say about All Saints.

Posted May 7, 2014

It has been a pleasure to be an employee at All Saints for the last 3 years. I see so much happiness and positivity from the staff and students. My favorite thing about All Saints is every morning is begun with a prayer and the Pledge. It is such a nice way to start your day and puts everyone on track for success!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 7, 2014

I wanted to inform people that the negative comments I saw posted from earlier, I believe to be from a troll. First of all, the principal works very hard to ensure that every student receives tuition assistance. If anyone paid "thousands of dollars", they were not paying attention to the numerous letters sent by the school to parents on how to obtain financial help. As for curriculum, this school offers Spanish, Computer, Arts, Music, PE, plus all the academic subjects that public schools offer. Class sizes are small, so each student gets extra attention from the teachers. My observation is that the students here are better behaved and have a much better attitude than public school students (our daughter attended public school before coming to ASCS). I strongly recommend All Saints Catholic School for any student in the Sierra Vista area.

Posted May 7, 2014

I really like All Saints Catholic School for my child. Her reading has improved, her math is better, her science is better, she is happier than when she attended public school, she is in school choir, and all around is doing very well at this school. She has learned a lot and also loves all the teachers and the principal and the pastor. She has also gotten her religious education too and her first communion, an unforgettable moment for her. This is a very good school.

Posted May 5, 2014

As a parent of two children at the school, I have been very pleased. Certainly, no environment is perfect for all families. However, I believe that the up-to-date curriculum, conscientious leadership, and involved parents make this school a great fit for my family.

Posted April 23, 2014

I have read through all the posts, good and bad. I will say from my experience at the school, I have been very pleased with the education that my child has received! we have been there since 2009-2010 school year. My child has done nothing but improve each year. I tested my child on my own this year to see what grade level she is able to work at and to my surprise she actually tested out a entire year ahead of her current grade level. There are alway glitches when a new principal or teacher comes in at any school. ASCS is a accredited school that provides a great education to all students and it is a bonus that they have religion too. this saves parents a lot of time taking their kids to CCD to prepare for sacraments. Yes, there are uniforms, but at least you know what your child is going to be wearing to school each day. Yes, there is tuition, but there is assistance available to everyone! if you are wanting a quality education that your child is not just getting lost in the shuffle, then this is the school for you!

Posted April 23, 2014

As a parent I am very please with this school. The principal is caring and does not put up with bullying. The teachers take time out of their day to contact parents with concerns and parents are able to contact them too. My child loves the one on one she gets through the Title 1 program and has gone from a 57% to a 94% in reading this school year! I highly recommend All Saints Catholic School for children, even if you are not catholic!

Posted April 23, 2014

I am a current student at ASCS. I love my school. My teachers love and care about me. They help me with my work when I need help. I have lots of friends too.

Posted April 13, 2014

This school is one of the best in this city. The classes are small so you a lot of attention from the teachers if they think you need help in in subject. The negative comments are lies. We have a lot of school activities a the principal Is very active in all of them. the teachers are very patent with the students. I recommend this school for your child.

Posted February 25, 2014

All I have to say for all the negative ratings of this school must have been asked to leave, because my child is doing phenomenal work at ASCS! My child's first 4 years were in a public school and my child was average to low in most of the classes. Now my child is on the Honor Role and making all A's and B's. My child is getting a wonderful education in academics and religion. We come from out of state and the state we came from has MUCH higher ratings than any public school in AZ. And, It is very doable to teach two grades in one class room. It's done a lot in public schools around the country, including the school my child came from and public schools usually have 25 to 40 students in those schools. So, if any of these public schools here are actually saying that ASCS is behind, I totally disagree. My child is doing terrific thing and loves it! The teachers are wonderful and caring people, the principal loves these kids and really works with them. AND, not only that, if you can't afford it, the school has something called CTS monies. They can help out with tuition in so many ways. I rate this the #1 school in Sierra Vista, AZ!

Posted February 23, 2014

All Saints Catholic School is an outstanding school. They take national tests and scored above the national average in Language Arts-great writers and readers. Teachers care about their students. Small class sizes; double grades teach study skills.

Posted February 18, 2014

My son has attended this school from Pre-K - 7th grade. Where they do seem to do good in the younger grades, from 2nd grade up they use combined grade levels with 1 teacher teaches 2 grade levels. This is because they have low enrollment and cannot afford to hire a grade teacher for only a hand-full of students in a single grade. It is at this point that the students suffer. A single teacher cannot physically teach 2 full-curriculum grade levels in 1 day. The science program is non-existent. I just recently transferred my 7th grader into JCMS and for Math they told me the concepts he learned was for 6th grade not 7th. The Principal tends to be stressed and not good dealing with children or the overall atmosphere at this school. She is NOT a leader. Bottom-line you do not get quality education for what you pay for. Would not recommend sending your child here.

Posted September 30, 2013

This is my daughter's third year at All Saints, and I am beyond impressed. My daughters kindergarten teacher was amazing, creative and dynamic; caring and structured. I could not have asked for more. This year, in first grade, the standards that my daughter is being held to are fantastic. My daughter is writing 4-6 sentence paragraphs, can add and subtract quickly, and is reading far above grade level. There has been high teacher turnover at the school, but, considering that this is a military town and the school was in a period of leadership transition, that is to be expected. I think that there have been parents who have pushed for one type of curriculum or another, and the principal took a strong stance that parents should not dictate curriculum. The curriculum does have religious teaching, but that is not the predominant curriculum. If I were a parent looking at the school, I would not consider extremely negative or extremely positive posts. Typically, someone who has exclusively negative or positive things to say has an emotional reason for doing so. Seek out balanced reviews. The school is filled with committed parents who are actively involved.

Posted August 27, 2013

I do not believe that the individual who has commented that they were behind academically when he/she left ASCS is an actual former student or parent of a student. The students who I had contact with in the upper grades who this individual purports to be were neither behind academically, nor did any depart the school for academic reasons. I assume that this school is suffering attacks from a troll who is either motivated by anti-Catholic bigotry or pro public school sentiment.

Posted August 24, 2013

All I will talk is about the school and not anything/anyone else. My daughter loves this small classroom environment. You can tell that the teachers care for each child in the school. I love that the principal will stand at the front gate every morning to say hi to every student and parent. (how she remembers everyones names it's incredible)

Posted August 9, 2013

I would only recommend this school if your child wants to become a nun or priest. Don't expect your child to understand simple math equations. And science.... they don't know what that is.

Posted August 4, 2013

Excellent School as seen that it just received an A rating from the Accreditation Agency-WCEA. Their accreditation term was renewed for 6 years-the maximum!!! Caring teachers and principal. Students are well behaved. National tests show they are above grade level. Yeah for All Saints Catholic School.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 3, 2013

Love this school. My daughter has attended for 2 years and will be starting 3rd year next week.She is already way above grade level in reading and Math. In fact, because they are an accredited school that takes national tests (not state Aims test), u can easily find proof and data that shows all grades on average are scoring 1-2 grade levels above in Reading. If u have any concerns about the academics, u can ask the gal in the front office for a copy of last year's accreditation report. This was written by members of an unbiased team of teachers/administration from different schools across AZ and US. In appendix of this report u can also track the school's national testing average and see for yourself how they rate nationally. You can probably also call the dept. of education for this info.Overall, teachers and staff seem pleasant. Love the small class sizes and individual attention the students get. Bullying by students and parents is NOT tolerated by the school and students and families who can not abide by the bullying/harrassment policy or code of ethics are asked to find their happiness elsewhere. This practice makes for a great learning environment.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:15 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:45 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Mr. Henry Bos
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Internet access
  • Learning lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Tucson

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom