No rating

All Saints Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 117 students

Living in Sierra Vista

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $195,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $704.

Posted October 5, 2010

This is a very unsatisfactory school. The lack of enthusiasm to assist parents and children is very disappointing considering the tuition amount. They seem to allow personal business (or drama) and have it interfere with their professional performance. They do have a lot of involvement of other parents, though.

Posted August 12, 2010

I recommend that parents do not enroll their child at OLM (now All Saints Catholic School). Enrollment has decreased significantly so now all classes from third to eighth grades are doubled up. This cannot be good.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 13, 2010

I left after the 2009-2010 school year. I gave plenty of chance for All Saints Schools (the new name) to improve. I wouldn't send my child there anymore.

Posted October 19, 2009

I used to go to OLM. It was an amazing school, with very friendly staff and classmates, though my teacher wasn't the best.. I now go to a catholic school in VA, and I'm sad to say that OLM was far better. If you want friends for life, go to this school. Education, (academic and religious), Environment, and the Institution itself is incredible.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 19, 2009

Thank God for this loving, caring excelling school. Test scores are outstanding, staff are extremely friendly and will go out of their way to help your child succeed. We are so blessed to have this school!

Posted August 11, 2009

Not a school I would send my little ones to anymore. I did not feel welcome or accommodated.

Posted July 26, 2009

I moved my kids to our local public school after last year. Coronado school, the public school does even better then OLM (All saints). Why spend my money when I can get a good education free.

Posted July 16, 2009

No matter where a person sends their kids to school someone will find a reason to complain. Looking at the big picture, however, I cannot say enough good things about All Saints (fomerly OLOM). The teachers are excellent and genuinely care about the students, the principal is responsive and professional, and I love that it's a small school with an excellent teacher/student ratio. This is reassuring as individual needs of students will be identified and met. My child is thriving educationally at this school and cannot wait to return. Just as important, I feel my child is in a safe learning environment. I have recommended parents to send their children to this school and will continue to do so.

Posted July 15, 2009

I wish I could say that the school is the best. It is improving but has a ways to go. Give it another year or two. My kids will stay in the hope that improvement will continue.

Posted July 11, 2009

What a wonderful school for my preschooler and second grader! I can't say enough positive comments about the principle, teachers and staff! It is amazing how my children are excelling academically and spiritually. Other programs offered are: Spanish, PE and Music, my child is learning to play the piano during music class! Since the new principle has come aboard, the school has improved greatly in many areas. The name change for the school, All Saints Catholic School, has come about because the school wants to be 'all' encompassing of all three Catholic churches in our area. I would recommend this school to anyone living our area. A wonderfully warm school awaits your child at this school!

Posted April 26, 2009

The school has changed this year. I am not sure that it is the principal who caused this. It is really a pervasive uncertainty regarding the school's viability. There are indications that the school is shrinking and will have to double up classes, which is incredibly unhealthy. Overall a good school. Just know that you know what you enter.

Posted April 23, 2009

This school has changed recently. The new principal has sadly adjusted the focus from primarily academics to primarily appearance. The lack of emphasis on faith is a bit troubling. The curriculum is fine. Large teacher turnover. Wait a year or two before placing your child in the school.

Posted February 7, 2009

I love this school. I can't say enough good things about the staff. My children have absolutely flourished in this loving Christian environment. It's worth every penny and more.

Posted May 24, 2008

My son went to OLMCS from grades 1-8. Ever since OLMCS started following the requirements established by the Diocese of Tucson, the school has gotten much better in prayer, scholastics, and sportsmanship. The teachers are excellent, the only ones better being the Nuns! I advise all Catholics to send their children to OLMCS -- they will do much better when they have to go to a public high school! 8th grade graduation was really special for the kids, and it can only get better! Much better morally, socially, and scholastically to send your child here than to Apache or SVMS middle schools!

Posted September 3, 2007

I think OLM has a great school from K-5.

Posted July 21, 2007

Our Lady of the Mountain is a small Catholic School which is accredited and has grown with the student population. We are new to the area but very impressed with the quality of the teachers, staff and parent involvement.

Posted June 29, 2007

Great school with a family environment. Parental involvement is always welcome and encouraged. Nice bright classrooms and a lot of extra activities such as a string program, Kiwanis for kids, and religious education.

Posted May 19, 2007

Outstanding school. My daughter has been there for two years of preschool and prekinder and loves it. Very close knit school. I highly recommend OLM.

Posted March 27, 2007

The academic program now goes through the 8th grade. Small class size is a plus! They have music, art, spanish, computer class and a string program. There are many areas for parents to get involved in. Over all a great school.

Posted March 8, 2007

I love the preschool and the kindergarten programs offered. They also have a wonderful art teacher and offer music, PE, and Spanish. The teachers seem to really love the children and enjoy being there. There is a lot of parental involvement, and the class sizes are small.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:15 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:45 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Mr. Henry Bos
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Internet access
  • Learning lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Tucson

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom