Public charter
Sierra Vista, AZ

Center For Academic Success The #1 1

Posted February 18, 2014
I can only speak from the high school perspective. This school is terrible. The staff act worse than bad students. The few good staff members/teachers they have seem to get bullied by the bad ones. If I had to do it all over again I would not send my child here.

Center For Academic Success The #1 1

Posted May 29, 2011
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THE LAST REVIEW. ESPECIALLY "Rather than deal with issues, the administration takes a posture of denial and counter accusations. They've used this tactic to skirt around teachers being physically violent with students, and unreasonable disciplining of students...essentially, any wrong they commit is swept away should you fail, in any small way, to handle the situation in strict accordance with their bureaucratic procedure." -THE ADMINISTRATION AND STAFF DO NOT HAVE THE BEST INTEREST OF TH CHILDREN. THE ADMINISTRATION AND TEACHERS EVEN YELL AT THE PARENTS. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GIVE A WRITTEN REPORT. THEIR REPORTS DENY ANYTHING HAPPENED, CALL THE KIDS LIARS AND THE PARENTS OVERPROTECTIVE. THREATEN TO DISENROLL THE KID WHO WAS HURT INSTEAD OF THE OTHER. THEY DONT WANT THEIR FUNDING TO GET CUTT OFF. IF THEY WERE HONEST THAT SCHOOL WOULD BE SHUT DOWN - AND IT SHOULD BE!

Center For Academic Success The #1 2

Posted March 24, 2011
This review is for the elem/middle school. The campus houses pre-k - 12th. My two boys attended this school from kindergarden through 7th and 5th grades respectively. At first, it was a great school with very caring and attentive staff. Once the new school was built, however, the quality of everything declined rapidly. Rather than deal with issues, the administration takes a posture of denial and counter accusations. They've used this tactic to skirt around teachers being physically violent with students, and unreasonable disciplining of students...essentially, any wrong they commit is swept away should you fail, in any small way, to handle the situation in strict accordance with their bureaucratic procedure. The good students pay the price here. They've lost plenty of them - all honor students. If you have a child that seems to get in trouble at school, this is the right place for you (thus the two stars). Otherwise, steer clear. Don't just take my word for it. Visit the school before it starts, during lunch, or after school. Staff is always yelling at students, and not just to be heard. The tone is very degrading, demeaning, and not conducive to a respectful environment.

Center For Academic Success The #1 5

Posted January 19, 2011
My child is very happy at this school. The teachers and staff are great. The schedule is flexible allowing the students to take community college courses concurrently with high school courses. Unfortunately, the only branch of service that will accept the gradution diploma from this school is the Army. I was told it is an accredidation problem. This also concerns me for university admissions. With regret, I will have to enroll my child in another school next fall.

Center For Academic Success The #1 4

Posted January 08, 2009
There is no perfect school however this one is as close as you can get in this area. I am very pleased with the teachers and administrative member of the school. There is quality education offered, above average safety and excellent one on one attention for those students in need. Communication is always encouraged and open with the faculty, this I appreciate deeply. The staff truly cares about these kids, much more than any school I have seen in a long time. This is a positive atmosphere for our children, I would not have my son anywhere else.

Center For Academic Success The #1 5

Posted May 14, 2008

Center For Academic Success The #1
900 Carmelita Drive, Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
Last modified Center For Academic Success The #1 is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Center For Academic Success The #1 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top