K-6 & Ungraded
Sun City, AZ

Posted October 29, 2014
I could not ask for more from this school. The principal takes the time to personally know each family. Every time I see him, he is quick to check in on specific items... Not just the typical "How are you today?" with that blank "I don't know you or your child" stare that other principals give. My kids both have very dedicated teachers who communicate with me daily (sometimes several times a day). I am able to be engaged in my children's education and not just re-actively try to help. Class sizes are small, only 1 class per grade (except 1st and 2nd have two classes). The school is open enroll/by choice. There are no boundaries. So every family there made a conscious choice to place their child there. I have spoken to other parents that drive their kids up to 30 minutes one way just to have them at this spectacular school. There is a high level of parent involvement. I think these all create a culture where the children are much nicer and well balanced. You really don't see any bullying. You don't see kids getting "lost through the cracks" of the educational system. This school has been a blessing to my children. I am so thankful that we are part of the community.

Posted October 12, 2014
From the Principal down they are amazing! This school is well organized and they make learning very fun and loving! I have had 6 children in this school at one time. Some with special needs. The principal knows each child attending this school. His door is always open. He really loves what he does! He eats lunch every day while the teachers all goes to lunch at the same time. They have Core Values being taught by parent volunteers. Our family is very blessed to have found this school. Our drive is a bit long but we'll worth it! Each class has a monthly family project to bring in family time. The booster club does a lot for this school and children! I really would love for this school to have its own building as I can see it only growing! Having uniforms makes life so much easier too!

Peoria Traditional School 4

Posted October 07, 2014
Glad we came to PTS. We really enjoy the community feel of a smaller school. Very impressed so far!!

Posted September 07, 2014
PTS is fantastic! The class size is small, especially in the younger grades. The teachers are amazing and go out of their way to make sure kids are learning. My favorite part of the school is the community feel that we have. We are thrilled to have found this gem, and I'm so glad the school goes to 8th grade. I just wish we could keep our kids here through high school!

Posted July 30, 2014
This will be our third year with Peoria Tradtional and we have been very happy with the level of education and values that are taught. Our child is very happy here and is excelling academically and socially. We are very pleased with our decision to send our children here.

Posted January 31, 2014
We are new to PTS this year and been happy. PTS is a GOOD SOLID SCHOOL.

Posted November 10, 2013
My husband and I have been very happy with this school. Our daughter transfused from Frontier this year and we have seen a world of difference. Mr.Gross is a patient, kind teacher who we have seen genuinely cares about our child's education well been. We have open communication which allows us to work together and we never feel kept out of the loop. Something we never experience at Frontier. After all, are not our children's teachers also raising them, being that they are with them half of their waking hours?

Posted August 10, 2013
PTS achieves "A" Rating! As a parent, I could not be happier with the progress and the day to day environment of this school. The quality of the faculty and leadership of the principal are some of the main reasons for the success. Unlike other schools, their is a level of accountability expected not only of staff but parents and students alike. The school like "drama" that is usually present in many public schools is minimized and quickly resolved which allows for a positive learning environment. Very good group of parents who assist and partake in school activities, although there is always room for improvement in this area. Despite its significant growth, the school still maintains its core values. The Peoria Unified School district has a reputation for good schools and why many move to this area, this type of school and atmosphere is a model for others to achieve.

Posted April 12, 2013
My son had never been to school before he entered Kindergarten this year. He is now excelling and even teaches his 4 year old sister about Core Values. This a fabulous school and we can't wait for her to go.

Posted February 23, 2013
Kindergarten Registration for the Peoria Traditional School begins this Monday, February 25th. Applications will be time stamped and processed on a first come, first served basis. Space is very limited. No camping out on the school grounds. We welcome the graduating class of 2025. Experience the Peoria Tradition.

Peoria Traditional School
, Sun City, AZ  85373
Last modified Peoria Traditional School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peoria Traditional School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top