Public charter
Surprise, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,504

Posted March 17, 2015
This school truly has the best interest of the student in mind. They grow well rounded, inquisitive thinkers who have a balance in their life between academics, extracurricular and social life. This the best school we have sent our kids to.

Posted February 27, 2015
We have been going to PEC for 2 years now. I have a 1st grader and one in Kinder. I have been impressed with how dedicated and hard working the teachers are, the facilities of the school are good, the front office and cafeteria and other support staff are friendly and professional. I feel like, so far the education that my children are getting is a good combination of academics in a kid friendly environment. I've been very pleased. I have no complaints about the school. The only thing I would change if possible is to have less children per class. Right now each class has about 28 students. But even with that fairly big number my children have learned and gained so much.

Paradise Education Center 3

Posted June 22, 2014
Both of my children attended PEC. My son from kindergarten to 6th and my daughter from kindergarten until 4th. The school was great at first, but over the years it has gone down hill. The school allows late work and their discipline is just not there. There was a student that threatened to stab another student and he was given 6 days suspension. That is it. My children will no longer be attending this school. I want for them to be challenged and not feel threatened.

Paradise Education Center 4

Posted November 22, 2013
My children have been going to this school since kindergarten. It has been a great experience. I still love the school but the quality seems to have gone down a bit since Mrs. Butler left. She made sure she was seen and her family was involved as well on events the school put on. I'm not even sure what the new principal of 2 years looks like. The education level is great, but the required homework at some grade levels seems excessive, but I'm not a homework person, nor can I help my child as the core education is crazy now. Even with my petty complaints, I feel my child is challenged and is recording a great education with a focus on no bullying. We had instances and is was addressed by the teacher promptly. Love our school.

Posted November 19, 2013
I love my school!!!! I am a student at Pec I am in 5th grade I have been here since kindergarten and I have had no problems with bullying or making friends. The teachers are really nice. At this school learning is fun!!

Paradise Education Center 1

Posted June 25, 2013
My child attended this school last year but will not be returning for the upcoming school year. The classroom was unorganized and chaotic which made it difficult for my child to learn. My child had to deal with constant bullying and when I spoke with the principal regarding the situation I was given a generic answer and push out the door. My problem was never addressed. There is a charter school close by that has been very welcoming and has a strong bullying policy. My child will be going there next year.

Posted April 19, 2013
PEC is phenominal! I have smart kids and wanted them to be challenged on a daily basis, which they are! My kids are doing hands on activities like making rock formations, using baking products donated by parents and afterwards the kids can eat them! My fourth grader just took an extended day field trip to a few of Arizona's national parks, including Montezuma's Castle and Well. They ended their long day at Peter Piper Pizza. This is something that can't be done in the Dysart School District. There is just so much parental involvement at PEC, all to the kids benefit! And, somehow this school has tamed my "wild boys", which I never thought would happen! All the teachers are amazing, the front office staff is wonderful and kind, the counselor is the best I've ever seen, the elementary principal is great, and the school nurse is sweet and thoughtful. Everyone I've come to know on campus adores the kids and loves their job. The turnover of teachers, staff, and students is very low which is great if you're already in. But it's very difficult to get in. We were blessed, and I'm certainly grateful!

Paradise Education Center 1

Posted April 10, 2013
Paradise Ed. Center is in the dark when caring for autistic children,someone needs to check the care these children are NOT getting...

Posted February 08, 2013
My son has attended PEC for ten years and have not had any complaints. This school has been a blessing to my son and our family.

Paradise Education Center 2

Posted October 17, 2012
What I have found about this school leadership starts from the top and the person who is princple there truly lacks that great quality. Unfortunately my children still attend but looking to putting them in another school. Some teachers, school nurse, other staff members truly lack respect & safety concerns for the student. It seems students are more dollar signs then making sure the student gets the education they need.

Paradise Education Center
15533 W. Paradise Ln., Surprise, AZ  85374
Last modified Paradise Education Center is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paradise Education Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 119 reviews. Top