Public charter
Surprise, AZ

Posted January 29, 2015
This school is ran as a business and not like a school. Teachers are overworked and not compensated for their extra duties. Students and parents do not have the consistency year to year that is needed to keep this school going as teachers and other personnel are changing all of the time. Teachers have even left in the middle of a school year!! Be careful when sending your students here!

Posted January 23, 2015
This school is great! The teachers really care about their students. The sports are great and the clubs are epic. I love this school!

Posted January 23, 2015
Being a student here at ACA is amazing. They do a lot of hands on work in class and after school. Well, as a student I've been here for 8 yrs and they have tried everything to get me to where I am now. I am thankful for being here, and becoming one family.

Posted January 23, 2015
ACA all together is a family. The staff will do everything they possibly can to help students with what they need. It's bittersweet being a senior because I have to leave after this year and I know I will miss everyone here!

Posted January 23, 2015
As a new student at this school I am very happy with how welcoming everyone has been here and all the programs they have to offer.

Posted January 23, 2015
This school is unorganized, teachers and staff have many jobs that take them out of the classroom, and not everyone there is highly qualified or properly trained for their job. Exceptions are made for certain people, usually who are related to the bosses. I recently heard that the administration sent out an email saying they need 15 5 star reviews on this site to get the rating they want! After reading a long list of reviews made the same day, it must be true! Not everything is as it seems here!

Posted January 22, 2015
My son attended this school for several years. He was bullied and no one did anything about it. The other students would take his personal items and pee on them in the urinal! They also hit him and started fights with him everyday. When I would address the HS principal, I was told that my son, doesn't fit in because he is "you know looks like Opie, the red hair, freckles and you know a farm kid". That's the reason the principal gave me for the kids teasing him and bulling him. He was called "redneck" and other racial slurs and nothing was done. My son was failing every class because he hated to go to school. Not one teacher reached out to me! I had to email and constantly reach out to them. This school is a fraud!!! They do not have their students best interest all! Its all about the money they get, and the ratings!! The last incident my son was assaulted and I had to remove my son from that school because they would do NOTHING to the student who assaulted him. I emailed and left messages for the owner, head of the school, and NOT ONCE did she reach out to me. This women and the principal has no respect for parents or their students. Parents beware!!!!

Posted January 21, 2015
ACA is truly a one-of-a-kind school driven by the high expectations from the administration and the relentless effort from the teachers. It is a joy to teach at a school where the students show up to learn and the entire staff works together to achieve our goals.

Posted January 20, 2015
Arizona Charter Academy is a great place to teach because the staff shares an enthusiasm for teaching and an unwavering belief that ALL kids can learn. Small class sizes offer students additional supports. Our campus is modern and well kept. Kids are taught rigorous academics but also the character traits necessary to succeed in college. With leadership that shares a vision of excellence and supports the students and staff in achieving their goals, there is no doubt that ACA is a five star school.

Posted January 20, 2015
I love how diverse it is and how my children are being challenged to tackle rigorous curriculum. And they are rising to the occasion. All of my children have straight A's. The staff is constantly making improvements in all areas of the school. And that tells me that they truly care about the students success.

Arizona Charter Academy
16011 N. Dysart Rd., Surprise, AZ  85374
Last modified Arizona Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 92 reviews. Top