750 students|Success School

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Some of the teachers are extremely helpful with my special needs child, but some tend to just throw work at the students while the teacher sits at his computer for an hour.

Amount of homework: Agree

Last year it would take 3 to 4 hours for my kids to get their homework done. This year they have a class that they can finish homework in so they can actually have a life outside of school.

Develops character: Neutral

The bullying is not controlled. Staff and principal just brushes the issues under the table.

As a parent of two children in this school and one with special needs and in the IEP program I am calling this school AVERAGE. Many of the teachers are great but the principal needs to get off her soap box and stop yelling at the kids AND the parents. My daughter is afraid to go to the front office because the staff is so mean and rude to her. Every time I have been there they have been disrespectful to me (a parent) as well. Apparently bossing around children makes them feel empowered. Bullying is not handled well and my kids have to just deal with is and avoid the bullies as much as possible because the staff just ignores it. On the flip side, there are some great teachers and staff there that have paid special attention to helping my daughter and her grades have improved. Some of the teachers are very friendly and actually care, but there are a a small few that just don't have their heart in it. This school also likes to take A LOT of extra days off for teacher prep days which is extremely difficult for parents to work around (No bus system since it is a charter school). The teachers also do not utilize the on-line system that was supposed to help the parents see what homework was due and what they were learning in class. Aside from the Principal and front office staff, I am pleased to know my kids have great teachers; I just wish it wasn't so difficult to find out how well my kids were doing BEFORE parent teacher conferences and that the front office staff would be considerate and respectful of the students and parents. Note: Beware....People were told to give 5 star reviews from the administration of this school so their rating would look better.

I feel honored to work for a school like ACA! The individualized attention given by the teachers is exceptional. The administration team is hands on and couldn't be more passionate about each and every single students success. It's like a family here. A family that does everything it can to help each other succeed. I recommend this school to everyone!

My children have attended ACA during elementary and now high school. When my children transitioned into the high school I was greatly disappointed and still am. All of the high school teachers actually care about the students. The problem I have seen is with the administration staff. The high school is ran like a business instead of a school, students are bullied and nothing is done, the sports program is a joke (sports is a large part of a 'real' A rated high school), and the principal refuses to take parent calls or return her emails regarding serious issues. The sad thing is that now the students are all being told the football program is being cancelled, and possibly the baseball program. The high school students and incoming freshmen students are devastated that they cannot play high school football. In our opinion, if you really care about the students in the high school and you really are a so called "A" rated school, then act like it! Give these students the total high school experience, with academics, sports, clubs, and a nurturing environment! Answer your emails, phone calls, and listen to the voices of your students, they are our future leaders!

This school is ran as a business and not like a school. Teachers are overworked and not compensated for their extra duties. Students and parents do not have the consistency year to year that is needed to keep this school going as teachers and other personnel are changing all of the time. Teachers have even left in the middle of a school year!! Be careful when sending your students here!

This school is great! The teachers really care about their students. The sports are great and the clubs are epic. I love this school!

Being a student here at ACA is amazing. They do a lot of hands on work in class and after school. Well, as a student I've been here for 8 yrs and they have tried everything to get me to where I am now. I am thankful for being here, and becoming one family.

ACA all together is a family. The staff will do everything they possibly can to help students with what they need. It's bittersweet being a senior because I have to leave after this year and I know I will miss everyone here!

Last modified Arizona Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.