Public charter
Surprise, AZ

Posted March 25, 2015
I feel honored to work for a school like ACA! The individualized attention given by the teachers is exceptional. The administration team is hands on and couldn't be more passionate about each and every single students success. It's like a family here. A family that does everything it can to help each other succeed. I recommend this school to everyone!

Posted February 08, 2015
My children have attended ACA during elementary and now high school. When my children transitioned into the high school I was greatly disappointed and still am. All of the high school teachers actually care about the students. The problem I have seen is with the administration staff. The high school is ran like a business instead of a school, students are bullied and nothing is done, the sports program is a joke (sports is a large part of a 'real' A rated high school), and the principal refuses to take parent calls or return her emails regarding serious issues. The sad thing is that now the students are all being told the football program is being cancelled, and possibly the baseball program. The high school students and incoming freshmen students are devastated that they cannot play high school football. In our opinion, if you really care about the students in the high school and you really are a so called "A" rated school, then act like it! Give these students the total high school experience, with academics, sports, clubs, and a nurturing environment! Answer your emails, phone calls, and listen to the voices of your students, they are our future leaders!

Posted January 29, 2015
This school is ran as a business and not like a school. Teachers are overworked and not compensated for their extra duties. Students and parents do not have the consistency year to year that is needed to keep this school going as teachers and other personnel are changing all of the time. Teachers have even left in the middle of a school year!! Be careful when sending your students here!

Posted January 23, 2015
This school is great! The teachers really care about their students. The sports are great and the clubs are epic. I love this school!

Posted January 23, 2015
Being a student here at ACA is amazing. They do a lot of hands on work in class and after school. Well, as a student I've been here for 8 yrs and they have tried everything to get me to where I am now. I am thankful for being here, and becoming one family.

Posted January 23, 2015
ACA all together is a family. The staff will do everything they possibly can to help students with what they need. It's bittersweet being a senior because I have to leave after this year and I know I will miss everyone here!

Posted January 23, 2015
As a new student at this school I am very happy with how welcoming everyone has been here and all the programs they have to offer.

Posted January 23, 2015
This school is unorganized, teachers and staff have many jobs that take them out of the classroom, and not everyone there is highly qualified or properly trained for their job. Exceptions are made for certain people, usually who are related to the bosses. I recently heard that the administration sent out an email saying they need 15 5 star reviews on this site to get the rating they want! After reading a long list of reviews made the same day, it must be true! Not everything is as it seems here!

Posted January 22, 2015
My son attended this school for several years. He was bullied and no one did anything about it. The other students would take his personal items and pee on them in the urinal! They also hit him and started fights with him everyday. When I would address the HS principal, I was told that my son, doesn't fit in because he is "you know looks like Opie, the red hair, freckles and you know a farm kid". That's the reason the principal gave me for the kids teasing him and bulling him. He was called "redneck" and other racial slurs and nothing was done. My son was failing every class because he hated to go to school. Not one teacher reached out to me! I had to email and constantly reach out to them. This school is a fraud!!! They do not have their students best interest all! Its all about the money they get, and the ratings!! The last incident my son was assaulted and I had to remove my son from that school because they would do NOTHING to the student who assaulted him. I emailed and left messages for the owner, head of the school, and NOT ONCE did she reach out to me. This women and the principal has no respect for parents or their students. Parents beware!!!!

Posted January 21, 2015
ACA is truly a one-of-a-kind school driven by the high expectations from the administration and the relentless effort from the teachers. It is a joy to teach at a school where the students show up to learn and the entire staff works together to achieve our goals.

Arizona Charter Academy
16011 N. Dysart Rd., Surprise, AZ  85374
Last modified Arizona Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 93 reviews. Top