Public charter
Surprise, AZ

Posted December 04, 2013
WOW! I used to be skeptical about Charter Schools because I was misinformed about how they work. My 15 year old boy was struggling academically, culturally and emotionally while attending a well ranked Public High School. As an African American he was subjected to racial bias and teachers would just pass him through or ignore his and my request for assistance. I switched to ACA and my child is so engaged I am amazed. The teachers are incredibly accessible and they seek out parents. The students believe in the school vision and it shows. My son told me that "kids at this school don't goof off because the classroom sizes are small and you will look like an idiot" ...Yes, you are held accountable for your actions and silly behavior is not cool to their peers. ALSO...to any parents that are raising young black and brown children, please consider this school as an option. They have an amazing way of teaching respect for cultural diversity and empowering minorities to uplift peers of all colors and cultures. I am beyond impressed and can't wait to see my child reach his full potential. _ PARENT

Posted March 29, 2013
I have been impressed with Arizona Charter Academy's passion and commitment to ensuring their students of all ages are college and career ready. I am continuously impressed every time I visit their site how creative, mature, professional, polite and involved their students are. Their staff and administration has found several unique ways both within the classroom and beyond the classroom to instill in their students not only knowledge but a work ethic that puts them ahead of the class!

Posted March 29, 2013
The Arizona Charter Academy staff truly care about the education of its students, from K thru 12. As an Advisory Board member and City employee, I can say that I have first hand knowledge of the ACA success story. Every time I visit the campus and interact with the students, it's evident that this school is doing everything right. Go Bulldogs!

Posted March 29, 2013
I have two graduates of ACA in my home. My children loved the classes, encouragement to achieve excellence, and strong, secure environment. This Administration always strives for better from themselves first, and then from it's students/families. ACA has been voted AZ Best Place to work several times. I think that says alot for their staff satisfaction, as well. Rock on, ACA!

Posted March 28, 2013
Being grandparents of three students that attend ACA and having been in the teaching profession for over 37 years, we have observed an excellent communication between the school, parents, and students. It is obvious to us that there is a deep commitment by the professional staff and associates to have all students succeed and to encourage them to challenge themselves in order to reach their individual potential. The rapid growth and expansion of ACA over the past several years is indicative of the success of the school's programs which is reflected in student achievement scores.

Posted March 28, 2013
Arizona Charter Academy is an awesome school. The class sizes are ideal, the teachers care about their students, and the academics are incredible. The level of knowledge and work that they do is impressive. My daughter is in fourth grade and is doing math that I didn't learn until my Senior year in HighSchool ( I went to a fancy private highschool)

Posted March 28, 2013
As leader of a local community organization (Benevolent & Protective Order of Elks) who has worked closely with the Academy, It continues to demonstrate excellence in it's involvement with and commitment to the academic communities of the local area. This translates to creating an envirnoment of building leadership, good citizen ship, and genuine caring for others, all of which are critical components to building a well developed student. Furthermore, the Academy continues to b uild upon it's successes, involving parents and students in shaping the directions of the choices to be made as they develop. We will continue to consistenly support our partnership with the school, welcoming the skills and leadership of it's faculty and administration.

Arizona Charter Academy 1

Posted March 18, 2013
This school is ridiculous. Seems every staff member has a husband or wife that works there and they completely play favorites. As a parent I have witnessed teachers replaced halfway through the year, and other teachers that get away with terrible conduct because their husband or wife is friends with the owner. The owner clearly has double standards. Keep your kids far far away from this school. My 3 kids are at a real school now in Dysart and have never been happier.

Posted February 01, 2012
I am very impressed with ACA. They go above and beyond for these kids. These kids are treated so good. They are challenged academically and provided all the information they need to go to College. The teachers have an open door policy. I can drop in anytime I want and just watch my child interact in class. The teachers respond to my emails promptly and always keep me informed on the good as well as the bad behavior of my children. I have taken my children out but brought them back after a couple of months because the level of education and respect they receive at ACA is just not out there in public schools. I have 3 children at the school and all of them are on the honor roll and love to go to school everyday. GREAT principle, GREAT staff, GREAT students, GREAT teachers!!! WE LOVE ACA!

Arizona Charter Academy 1

Posted January 26, 2012
Very poor parent communication. I found that the principal did not follow up with my concerns or speak with me regarding the issues. Parents are not encouraged or even allowed (depending on the teacher) to volunteer in the child's classroom. If you are looking for a "community" feel and to be active in your child's education, this is not the place for you.

Arizona Charter Academy
16011 N. Dysart Rd., Surprise, AZ  85374
Last modified Arizona Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top