K-8 & Ungraded
Surprise, AZ

West Point Elementary School 5

Posted October 21, 2013
Great school, my kids are very happy with the school! I have a kindergartener and a fourth grader they love it, I try the best to my ability to stay involved.

West Point Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
My daughter has been going to West Point since Kindergarten, and is now heading into 4th grade. West Point is a great school with great staff and teachers. They are always helpful, understanding, and strive for the best for all of their students. Mr. Kieffer the principal is so caring. He really get's to know as many students as he can, I would not be surprised if he knew all 850 something students that are there. The PTSA has really stepped up since last year and is really getting parents more involved. As many schools are struggling with budget cuts, so is West Point. Any monies they receive they always put towards making West Point even better for our kids. This year they have taken on having the Arts Program for 6-8th grade, and they need many things for this to be successful. Having worked with the PTSA last year I have gotten to know many of the children, and they really are a great bunch of kids! The older kids do their best to help the younger children, they volunteer so much of their time to help run programs such as bookfair's, santashop, school store, etc. All and all everyone that makes West Point is great and they deserve any help they can get. Thank you for your time.

West Point Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
West Point just keeps getting better every year! The new Arts Academy is there and has brought in some wonderful and supportive families to help enrich the lives of the wonderful students! I have to toot a horn for the Wonderful West Point PTSA, their business members and the members who have brought back some wonderful family and community building events that have made West Point a school that remembers its not only about the books, it's about the experience and the memories that are being created for the kids!

West Point Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2013
My sons teacher was very nice and a wonderful teacher. The staff at this school however (mainly front office staff) is very unwelcoming and rude. On the first day i stood in the front office for a few minutes waiting for someone to acknowledge and maybe ask if i could use some assistance (nothing) i had to walk up and ask and then was helped. Before i enrolled my son in this school i called the school and asked to speak with the principal just because i wanted to know who the leader was and get an overall view on the school so i could consider putting my son here, well the "coordinator" gave me the run around and basically told me that i could talk to her about that. despite me insisting several times that if it was not too much of a hassle i would prefer to speak to the principal, and in the end only got to speak to her which by the way she is in the front office at the school and is as rude in person as she is on the phone. The school is clean, security seems good, classrooms are good size, only downfall was the front office staff who should be reminded that they work there to provide assistance and it should be welcoming assistance, this year i have chosen a new school :)

West Point Elementary School 5

Posted July 23, 2013
My son has been going to this school since Kindergarten and is now entering the 3rd grade. I have had no issues with any teachers or staff. I try my best as a parent to be involved in as many school activities that I can and have been able to attend every field trip so far. The office ladies seem a little bitter but over all it is a great school.

Posted January 11, 2013
Overall, this school has very litttle parent involvement and is not welcoming. The 4th grade teacher my child has abosolutely no passion, is not approachable and looks miserable. There is no communication that happens and at the beginning of the year all these expectations are placed and there is no follow through. They simply only focus on state testing which obviously this school is in need of. Highly disappointed!

West Point Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2012
I have only had one teacher communicate with me regularly. I had gone through the volunteer training and even paid for my fingerprint clearance card in order to volunteer. I was never allowed the opportunity to volunteer in my kindergartners classroom. The teacher already had another mom and didn t need/want additional help. Communication is terrible. Emails and phone messages go unanswered all the time. Some weeks there is homework, some weeks not. When I finally received a note home, it was a request for $ for the teacher appreciation gift. Only one teacher was excited and wanted my help. She answered every email and phone call by the end of the day. She happens to be a teacher who is leaving. I did discover that there were instances when children were involved in strange/ difficult situations and the parents of all children involved in the situations were not made aware This is wrong and needs to be changed Bullying seems to be taking place on a regular basis The admin does respond but are slow. The attitude is that this is just the way it is This school lacks the support and structure. If that changed I think it could have a positive school environment.

Posted August 16, 2011
So my daughter turns 5 on Sept. 1st. I totally understand that there is a cutoff date to start kinder. We had our daughter tested through the Peoria district for early entrance to Kinder. She was excepted, but the down fall was that peoria failed to tell us it would be $175 a month for all day Kinder. So i searched and came across West Point in hopes they would consider our daughter. Had meeting with the pricipal and he agreed that we could enroll her in Peroria first and then withdraw her and enroll her here. We did so and now they wont honnor it. WOW.

Posted May 14, 2011
i was a student there from k-7 and it was the worst school i ever been to and kieffer did nothing but sit in his office and send 7graders out the door

Posted April 15, 2011
I have 5 children at West point and have attended there for 4 years. I have always been very disappointed in this school. The no bullying policy exists only on paper. two of my children got plainly beaten up and the punishments were a loss of recess and a 'talking to". The kids that attend this school are simply mean. Last year my older children told me they did not want their little brother to go to kindergarten at this school because they were afraid he would get picked on. Now his kindergarten year is almost over and he has been through 3 teachers and hates school. i am moving my children at the end of this year. I understand that school is not the same as it was years ago, but this is ridiculous. the only teachers that I like are the new ones because they are still nice to the students. Additionally, all of my children are straight A students. Schoolwork has never been a struggle for them, yet now they simply do not hand anything in. they no longer care because they are treated the same as the kids who are misbehaving and failing. All 4 of my older kids had straight A's. All of them fell and not one teacher noticed.

West Point Elementary School
13700 W. Greenway Road, Surprise, AZ  85374
Last modified West Point Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Point Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top