Public charter
Surprise, AZ
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Calibre has just finished a successful school year. We have seen huge academic growth in all of our students. This year we expanded the campus to double the capacity and added a beautiful gymnasium and cafeteria, as well as grassy fields to support our expanding athletics program. We anticipate an amazing 2013-14 school year!
May 28, 2013

Posted October 28, 2014
My oldest is a kindergartener in Mrs. Feltners class and I couldnt be happier. My daughter loves school, enjoys every day she spends there and is always looking forward to going to class. I has one issue earlier in the year but once the teacher found out my concern, she completely complied and was apologetic. I commend her for her reaction of a first time freaked out mom. Overall, my daughter just ended a great first quarter. We need to work on her math a little more but I'm not upset about it at all, after all, she is only 5. I truly hope Mrs. Feltner will remain in kindergarten next year for my middle daughter too. My experience with any of the office staff has been really pleasant. I've called the office before school had started because I just needed advice and the girl at the front office spoke to me pleasantly, mentioned what she did with her kids and recommended as well. Close to home, great teacher, nice office staff, caring pta thats all about the kids. Haven't had to deal with the principal. I don't mind that at all. The teacher is my main person. If I wanted to though, she has coffee with the principal days so I easily could I suppose. - Happy Parent

Posted October 27, 2014
I am a parent who has been very happy with this school. The teachers are very caring. I love how they offer RTI on a daily basis where they pull your kids out for one on one (or a small group) if they are not grasping a concept and they get them back on track. The teachers also tutor 3 days a week for a few in their class on a weekly basis. They will take any kids that need it that week or month. It is nice that kinder and 1st has assistant teachers. Overall I couldn't ask for a better school.

Posted September 26, 2014
The principal needs to go! I had an interview with her which turned into her trying embarrass my son like he did not no anything. That led me to investigate more about the school. My finding was 7 kids getting left back last year. That's scary. Their testing are a 7 that's should tell you something. Please don't put your child in this school.

Posted August 20, 2014
BEWARE!! This school presents itself as an excellent learning institution when it is far from it.. The principal is very rude, Uncaring acting as if she knows better than any parent.. The turn around of teachers is beyond belief. Some teachers have left mid year leaving children to adjust all over again to a new teacher.. The teachers will say one thing to the parent and another to the principal. They take no responsibility for their actions.. All blame is put on the children and parents.. They seem to favor holding children back without consideration of how it affects them.. The amount of children they hold back in each grade is just Unbelievable !! It is just impossible to say that many children need to be held back a grade without looking at what the school and teachers are doing wrong.. I have seen families leave this school only to talk to them later and tell me how well the children are doing at another school. I am also very glad i withdrew my children before it was too late and are now getting the proper education along with caring teachers and responsible principals. Do NOT but your children or yourself through the torment of this school.. Its not worth it..

Calibre Academy of Surprise 4

Posted August 18, 2014
With any school you go to NOTHING is perfect, but at Calibre, the good definitely out weighs the bad. The drop off/pick up might be a pain but the things that really matter to the education and safety of the children is wonderful! The staff truly cares about the children and it shows. The curriculum is challenging and they set high expectations both in and out of the classroom for all students. They have band, choir, drama classes, Rachel's Challenge which brings awareness to the effects of bullying. They also offer sports to ALL children, K-8. Overall, I'm very happy with Calibre and my children will continue to attend this school until 8th grade!

Posted July 31, 2014
My school is a second home for my children... I feel as though they learn more than curriculum but life skills... As well as having staff and teachers that genuinely care... I never have to think twice if I made the right decision sending my 3 daughters to Calibre Academy.

Posted July 30, 2014
This school was horrible for both my kids. I had an intelligent daughter no social and or other problems attend here and because she hadn't started this school from kindergarten they wanted to hold her back a whole year even though she had straight A's. My son had issues with his teacher and because she didn't like him she intentionally made sure he got in trouble and let others slide. I had another parent I didn't even know who volunteered in his class confirm it as well and she didn't know me from adam I wanted to make sure my concerns were legitimate and they definitely were in fact worse. I would stay away from this school at all costs! Just because their name changed doesn't change the quality of this school whatsoever!

Posted April 28, 2014
What a fantastic school. Our son is finishing K this year and can't wait for our twin 4 yr olds to start in 2015. The staff is awesome. So refreshing to see admin and teachers that really put their hearts into our children's education. The school is managed very well. Very receptive to parent questions and suggestions. Communication is excellent! Facility is very clean. Location is very convenient for traffic flow, safety and clean environment. Wish we could have had our older kids attend here.

Calibre Academy of Surprise 4

Posted April 28, 2014
I am very happy with the quality of education my children receive at Calibre. The school accepts feedback from families and continues to improve and grow.

Posted April 09, 2014
The teachers are great and so are the kids :) We have a great reading and math program that allows students the think deeper then ever before.

Calibre Academy of Surprise
15688 West Acoma Lane, Surprise, AZ  85379
Last modified Calibre Academy of Surprise is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calibre Academy of Surprise Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 161 reviews. Top