K-8 & Ungraded
Surprise, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,121

Posted July 17, 2014
I must say that having attended this school for half a year, I was thoroughly disappointed. I hardly knew the principal and the school work was too easy with lenient grading scales. There was way too much bullying and too many cliques with little school diversity and although there were 'Character Cards' there was never a cap on the bullying or irresponsible behavior. There was too many 'fun days' and 'Character Party' days where little to no work was done. I loved the teachers though.

Posted April 24, 2014
My school is so energetic that helps us as students to care about our future. Ashton Ranch helps us reach our goals everyday.

Posted January 14, 2014
My daughter has attended Ashton Ranch for the past 3 years. I have found that the school has its ups and downs but not any different from other schools in the surrounding areas. There are plenty of extra curricular activities for all ages to participate in. The 7th grade team stays after school to provide extra help to any student that needs it. My duaghter has grown a great deal academically and has made some amazing friends along the way. The majority of the families that attend Ashton Ranch are involved parents in their child life and pay attention to what is going on, making it nice that my daughter was able to meet people with the same parental background. We are unfortunately moving this summer and will greatly miss Ashton Ranch, if you are looking for an involved school, with great academic success, you will be very Happy with Ashton Ranch.

Posted July 25, 2013
I have been a proud parent since 2009. Dr. Stoeve is a stern but compassionate principal who wants only to improve the academic and social lives of each and every child in the school while striving to move the children in becoming 21 century learners. The teachers are dedicated individuals that seek to empower the children. The office staff, while small for such a high volume school, is extremely courteous, professional and efficient. I came from another school in the district where the PTA was dysfunctional at best. Here, the PTA is strong. These ladies are fantastic. There are so many different fun opportunities for families to come out and spend time together. My husband has taken my daughter to the father and daughter dances for the last 2 years and both my daughter and husband could not believe how beautiful it was. My children love their teachers and the school. There is a Drama and Art afterschool program where the kids can. Everyone in the school works well together. My only concern is that there isn't enough parental participation. My children's teachers tell me often that they have no volunteers to help out. What a shame!

Posted July 24, 2013
Ashton Ranch is a great school. The Administrator is a great leader and has done wonders with this school. It's rather unfortunate that some take his concern, structure and attention to detail as a negative aspect; when in fact he's the driving force of moving Ashton Ranch forward to being and "A" school. The front office staff is friendly, efficient and helpful in light of the fact they not only support the almost 80 + faculty and staff, but the parents/guardians of over almost 1,100 students. My hat goes off them and all of the professionals who work tirelessly to motivate our students both now and for the future.

Posted July 24, 2013
I am impressed with the overall learning environment of the school. I am however disappointed with the lack of parent volunteers. No one could ever keep me from volunteering in a school where my very own children attend. That's just ridiculous. Parents sit back and complain an awful lot but I say...be part of the solution and not part of the problem...,VOLUNTEER, attend meetings, become active at the school. These are our kids. Let's how them how to work together for the betterment of the future. Remember they learn by example.

Posted July 11, 2013
This school is terrible... Dr. Stove is a jerk and doesn't even care about the students unless they get good AIMS scores. I do not like the office ladies... They have no personality. Signing a child out is horrid. The nurse is mean to my child.... I am very annoyed with this whole school. My little girl just got out of Kindergarten and her teacher was mean and very rude. I am not planning on sending any of my kids here. I am very annoyed!

Posted May 30, 2013
My children attended for 2 years and I am soooo happy they will be attending a different school in the fall. Dr. Stoeve is a pompous jerk, he doesn't care about the students at all, he only cares about test scores and the money the school receives. The front office ladies are not friendly or welcoming at all, and getting involved with the PTA is nearly impossible. The only good thing about this school is the teachers, they are excellent but so terribly oppressed by Dr. Stoeve and his ridiculous policies.

Ashton Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2013
The majority of kids at this school seem to be extremely disrespectful. Bullying is definately an issue.

Ashton Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted June 22, 2012
Lacking communication from staff. Have not heard from anyone at the school. Would like more information.

Ashton Ranch Elementary School
14898 W. Acoma Drive, Surprise, AZ  85379
Last modified Ashton Ranch Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashton Ranch Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top