K-8 & Ungraded
Surprise, AZ

Cimarron Springs Elementary School 3

Posted November 25, 2014
Meh, it was alright. I had a good time there. I had good grades, near-perfect attendance, friends, you know, the usual. But I had a problem with bullying. This has to do mostly with the 'near perfect attendance'. The only times I would be absent were for sickness, or bullying. Although I got over it, it was good until a 'classified' event happened which made me leave the school.... and the state after the year was over. I moved back to California and continued my life back from square one since I was born there and lived my life there. But besides bullying this school was alright.

Cimarron Springs Elementary School 3

Posted November 15, 2012
My daughter has been at this school for about 3 years now; the beginning of this year I had some concerns because there was some transition with the teaching staff in her grade and I was becoming very frustrated. However I was very pleasantly surprised when the principal of the school took time out of his day to help her in math! He was so great and she left feeling happy and confident about the material. He truly cares about his students and I feel he went above and beyond for my child. They have a permanent staff for her grade now and everything is going really well. Cimarron Springs is a great school!

Cimarron Springs Elementary School 4

Posted January 06, 2012
We have been at CSES since my oldest started Kindergarten four and a half years ago and now my youngest is in first grade there as well. We absolutely love the teachers we have been blessed with through the years and my girls are growing, learning and thriving. Both have been recognized for their above average academics and have been tested, challenged and engaged accordingly. The gifted specialist is amazing and really out for the best interest of the children. We have not encountered any major problems in our time there. Being a pro-active parent really helps.

Cimarron Springs Elementary School 5

Posted December 21, 2011
I brought my children here from another school in Dysart. They were continually harassed and bullied. The teachers here have already taught more in the past few months than what they had learned the past year at ____. Teachers respond very promptly as does the principal. He is always there welcoming us when we drop off our children in the morning. They say he is "cool" but I only spoken to him with one concern regarding my son being teased and the problem was taken care of.

Posted December 03, 2011
As an investor new to the area, I find that searching comments from parents on the local schools is critical to my investing wisely. I want to own homes where the parents are happy with their local schools, otherwise, I don't invest there. It is critical to the whole neighbourhood that the schools administration be leaders in the community, run a tight ship, deal with bullying especially as it spills out into the community. Get your act together so that the neighbourhood doesn't crumble around you. For now, I'll opt out of this neighbourhood.

Posted August 23, 2011
Cimarron Springs should be rated 1 star at best. Bullying is an extreme issue here and the Administration does not take it serious enough. Teachers have been reported for allowing disruptive students in class to carry on with their bad behavior without being disciplined. Outside of school teachers have told me they have watched the 8th grade class move on year after year with the same problematic children only getting worse and worse. I finally withdrew my son after months of torture, harassment, and being attacked nonstop by the same group of boys. MANY chances were given to the school only to have them FAIL time after time.

Posted August 20, 2011
cafefull if you have a special needs child the teachers dont know what there doing

Cimarron Springs Elementary School 5

Posted April 20, 2010
I have 3 kids in the school and all the teachers and staff have always been so helpful and very polite!

Cimarron Springs Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
They have great teachers who are very caring and willing to try anything to help their students learn! My Kindergarten son is very advanced and they try to work with him on his level while still getting him involved with his class.

Posted March 11, 2010
Funny how glowing reviews seem to pour in after several parents express the problems they have had with this school. Click the 'Test Scores' link for this school before deciding to send or keep your children in this school. 8th graders are testing below the state average in reading, science, and math. No improvement in writing scores for 3 years. Even worse, the trend for 8th grader testing is downward over the past several years. This is not progress. This school is headed the wrong direction. (Now wait for more glowing reviews from defensive staff)

Cimarron Springs Elementary School
17032 W. Surprise Farms Loop S, Surprise, AZ  85388
Last modified Cimarron Springs Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cimarron Springs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top